[ROOT/STOCK-ROM/GUIDES/DISCUSSION] XOLO Q1000 Opus2

Search This thread

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
ROOT/STOCK-ROM/GUIDES/DISCUSSION
FOR - XOLO Q1000 OPUS2

This thread will help you know (mostly) all the stuff (that you wanna know) about your Xolo Q1000 Opus2

Let's Get Started...

ROOTING

We're very lucky here. NO PC IS NEEDED TO ROOT our device. Simply, use this app:

TowelRoot

DRIVERS FOR ADB/FASTBOOT

Drivers for ADB/fastboot can be downloaded from HERE

CREDITS: androidxda.com

STOCK ROM

Stock ROM can be downloaded HERE.

This stock ROM is based on Android 4.3 with the latest S011 update which was released on 21/07/2014. The size of the zip file of Stock ROM is 374 MB.

So start customizing your phone without any fear, stock ROM is now available!

Instructions to flash the stock ROM:

You can find the instructions HERE.

CREDITS: androidxda.com

DUMP PARTITIONS OF YOUR DEVICE

If you wish to dump the partitions of your device to .img files then follow this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2450045

WANNA MAKE YOUR PHONE SMOOTH? (It's really laggy in terms of smoothness by default)

You can follow my guide HERE

TECHNICAL DETAILED SPECS

Xolo Q1000 Opus2: HERE

MSM8212 (Chipset of our device): HERE

IMPORTANT HARDWARE KEY COMBOS

Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Power
This is conventional recovery mode.

Xolo-custom Test Mode: Volume Down + Power
This is a Custom Hardware testing mode by Xolo which is used by Xolo service centre employees to debug any issues in hardware.

Fastboot Mode: To enter this mode, hold down VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN together and then insert USB cable (plugged in your PC) and your phone will automatically startup and will be in fastboot mode (There will be a Xolo Logo on the screen). We're lucky to have fastboot mode in our device unlike any custom protocol like ODIN in Samsung.

FAQs

• Can we get CyanogenMod or any custom firmware (source-built)?
    NO. As of yet, Xolo has not released kernel source code of Q1000 Opus2 which is a must to get source-built ROMs on our device. I have sent a request to Xolo-Care to provide kernel source code but they don't care to reply. The history says that Xolo has been unfavorable to developers (don't provide kernel source).

• Is our Stock ROM built on AOSP open-master?
    NO. Xolo has used CAF kernel and added a lot of custom apps (to system partition) which is of course, not AOSP.

• Can we use Xposed Modules?
    YES. Our Stock ROM is close to AOSP (no heavy themeing like Samsung Touchwiz), so yes.

• Which GPU and Chipset are we running?
    Xolo (on it's website) advertises that our device has Adreno 302 GPU but I'm pretty confused of SoC on this device because apps like: CPU-Z show that we are running Adreno 305 unlike advertised. Moreover, pdadb specs and some apps like: Antutu CPU master show that we are running on msm8212 but when I see the build.prop, it's ro.build.platform=msm8610. What I believe is, our device is an msm8610 with an exceptionally new range of quad-cores (exceptionally because msm8610 is dual-core) with an Adreno 305 GPU like some of new mid-range HTC devices come with.

• Where's KitKat update?
    It may be very soon that we'll be getting KitKat update because its predecessor: Xolo Q1000 Opus already got KitKat (which was originally launched with Android 4.2 JellyBean). We have much wider scope for updates now as our device comes with android 4.3 out of the box and is newly launched (in July 2014).

ENJOY! :good:

Last edited:

[email protected]

May 13, 2016
My xolo q1000 opus 2 is not showing any network and when I checked imei it shows null ,how can I fix it,and engineering mode is not launching by code