[ROOT][Stock/S8/S8+/NoteFE][6.0/7.0] Samsung Screen Recorder

Search This thread

frooss

Dec 16, 2010
Kuwait City
The app start recording interaction, but how can I stop it? where I find the video after??
I disabled the app notification & enable it, it disappear but there's no video recorded in gallery.

xploden

Sep 26, 2006
Hi,

I can't install the APK you provided in first post (it says that conflicts with another package with same name), I installed your "modified" APK from post #13 but can't record anything.
When I try to start a new recording, it creates a notification that cannot be removed unless I force close the app, also creates a 0 byte video file AND a crash log in the same location.

That crash log contains this information:
java.lang.SecurityException: Requires CAPTURE_VIDEO_OUTPUT or CAPTURE_SECURE_VIDEO_OUTPUT permission, or an appropriate MediaProjection token in order to create a screen sharing virtual display.

Any suggestions?

HtheB

Nov 11, 2014
Somehow, I keep ending up not getting recorded anything.
I also couldn't find a way to stop the recording. Some users said something about an invisible button, but I couldn't find this button... (pretty invisible I guess :p)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a system app and a hidden feature samsung as i have used many recorders on niugat and they give FC

Just follow these simple steps
    Things You need

*METHOD 1*
    1. Activity Launcher
    2. The recorder apk

Steps :

1. INSTALL the apk
    2. Run acitvity launcher and go to all acitvity which is in top left corner
    3. SearSearch for recorder in list
    4.long press and choose the second option (activity.settings)
    And create shortcut
    5.there you go good luck :)

*METHOD 2*

1. X-plore/ ES explorer ( root)
    2.paste the file to root/system/priv-app/ScreenRecorder/ ( RENAME FILE TO ScreenRecorder.Apk)
    3.Give permission rw-r-r (mode 644)
    4.navigate to system/csc/cscfeature.xml
    5.find the line

"<CscFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem>"

6.add ScreenCapture in the names in that
    7.reboot. you can see a screen capture toggle in qyicksettings

Hit thanks :)

FAQ

1. I cant find the button to turn video off
    A. Video attached
    https://youtu.be/TlNR0TsPHHc
    I got an error saying the app wasn't installed because a package with the same name is already installed :(
    (I tried searching for it on Titanium Backup and on Activity Launcher but no luck)

Try this
    I used quicktile to add a shortcut to the notification window works fine that way
    Makes me wonder what other apps are around that are hidden.
    I got an error saying the app wasn't installed because a package with the same name is already installed :(
    (I tried searching for it on Titanium Backup and on Activity Launcher but no luck)