[ROOT] Super Leaky Bros. presents Sprint Galaxy Note 7 root method.

Search This thread

big6point

Nov 14, 2016
Root fail!!

On the phone side I am getting htis message in red when it fails
sw rev check fail : aboot fused 2 > binary 1

On the pc side
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1205)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
On the phone side I am getting htis message in red when it fails
sw rev check fail : aboot fused 2 > binary 1

On the pc side
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1205)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> emmc_appsboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> lksecapp.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

you need to read the posts right above yours.. you cannot downgrade or root using this method

Reactions: dave357

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Is it the build, I just put N930PVPU2APHE back on it, got my 100% back and no more annoying recall screen. Will it work with this version?

no.. phe is not rootable.. you cannot downgrade further and i recommend blocking updates so you dont end up on a 60% or worse update again lol

Reactions: dave357

Admon420

Nov 8, 2016
Yeah, talking to samsung i found out they ate preparing an update that prevents the phone from being turned on... i call sprint customer service and the number from the recall screen for Samsung every other day to complain about the way we are being treated....
To them, I'm just the one crazy guy who keeps complaining, but if every note 7 owner does this, there is a lesser probability that we will go ignored.

I am curious, is anyone working on a rooted PHE build? Would it be easier to unlock the bootloader? Could someone coerce a samsung engineer to leak the key? Just thinking out loud because we are going to need the XPOSED module if we plan on using our phones until the note 8 comes out...

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Yeah, talking to samsung i found out they ate preparing an update that prevents the phone from being turned on... i call sprint customer service and the number from the recall screen for Samsung every other day to complain about the way we are being treated....
To them, I'm just the one crazy guy who keeps complaining, but if every note 7 owner does this, there is a lesser probability that we will go ignored.

I am curious, is anyone working on a rooted PHE build? Would it be easier to unlock the bootloader? Could someone coerce a samsung engineer to leak the key? Just thinking out loud because we are going to need the XPOSED module if we plan on using our phones until the note 8 comes out...

Nope, most to all have moved on.. They are not supporting the phone and you have been asked repeatedly over months now to return the phone.. You are being treated fairly considering the facts and the phone has been recalled, banned from flights and they have issued multiple statements and communications on what you need to do.. they have every right to update the phone to make it unusable..

you have the right to block the updates and continue to use it but i wouldnt expect any more root and def no leaks or unlocked BL for that matter.

Mike00007

Nov 28, 2016
Hi guys. Can someone help me i am not ablw to root . I have note 7 sprint build number ending with PHE. I am assumin this is the green battery version. Any dea if this woukd work for this sprint phone or is there a work around solution?

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Hi guys. Can someone help me i am not ablw to root . I have note 7 sprint build number ending with PHE. I am assumin this is the green battery version. Any dea if this woukd work for this sprint phone or is there a work around solution?

for the thousandth time no lol

Mike00007

Nov 28, 2016
Amy ways to unlock my sprint note 7 without contacting sprint. Any good suggested websites or methods would be appreciated. Thanks for ur replies.

Reactions: TheDrog

iak@live.ca

Nov 29, 2016
Does this root method work for the canadian SM-N930W8 model

was wondering if I could use this Root method for my Canadian Note 7 SM-N930W8

AngelsShadow

Dec 25, 2009
Ok so from the Tmobile page it throws you here to grab the Deo'd Rom and when you click the link for AFH and download it it says it will be 2GB and "The md5 for this file is c4b664be0b4d4765da7cc344e7c3b34f and a file size of 2GB." But when I click download it gives me a 3.03GB file with a 149F5CBE669946952E8B7251C73145BF MD5.... I have tried downloading it 3 times all with the same result. Anyone have any ideas here? (I even went to Freeza's AFH and clicked the link from there with the exact same result...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello INTERNET and welcome! Super Leaky Bros. is proud to announce the first, and hopefully start of a great relationship with rooting your Note 7. Thanks to the combined efforts of myself and @cruckus, we've come up with a way to root your phone.... Thanks to @Chainfire for SuperSU for the Galaxy S7/qualcomm snapdragon 820

Please take the time to read this entire post to understand the pros, and cons of such root and what to expect from it. Now, we have acquired a Userdebug version of the Note 7 software on SPRINT, that includes a su binary by default. This Userdebug version is labeled PH3 and is supposed to be an update to the current PGC version. It comes with the August 1 security patch.

-We'll be providing the Odin flashable tar as well as instructions on how to insert SuperSU root so that you can have GUI.
    -Flashing back to stock via Odin reverses everything and allows both Samsung Pay and Android Pay to work again.
    -This does not 'trip' knox. It remains 0x0.

What is Userdebug? Well, it is a version in the Samsung testing phase, like engineering, except not as good, that allows the software team to test updates before presenting them to carriers. It includes many more binaries than the stock ROM for debugging purposes. Now, with this root method, you will not be able to use Samsung Pay, Android Pay, OR update officially to any new software version. As it stands now, this is the only version you can be on while rooted. If we can manage to either a) keep up with updates with new userdebug versions, or b) find a permanent root solution from either this method, or another one, we can then continue to update our phones.

Like the S7 and S7 edge, TWRP is not available with this particular method because the bootloader remains locked. However, root apps all work fine.
    I have managed to get xposed working as well, and @cruckus will write a how to.

If you're feeling generous, and you should be, please endorse our continued efforts with a small donation. Donations can be made to @cruckus (Curkus86@gmail.com) and myself (donate button under avatar).

It goes without saying that your internal storage will be wiped.
    [size=+3]This guide assumes you have adb set up properly.[/size]
    Step 1: Download the Odin flashable TAR image: ALL_SPT_N930PVPU1APH3_N930PSPT1APH3_CL8706608_QB10617237_REV00_userdebug_low_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar
    Step 2: Download the Super SU zip for Note 7: sun7.zip
    Step 3: Download Odin 3.12.4: Odin 3.12.4
    Step 4: Extract Odin 3.12.4 zip.
    Step 5: Extract sun7.zip to a folder with your adb. Those of you who have installed adb globally can extract the sun7.zip anywhere. There should be 4 files in the folder and that folder MUST be labeled "sun7"
    Step 6: Power down your phone, then boot up into download mode. Power+VOL DOWN+home.
    Step 7: Connect your phone to the computer and open Open Odin 3.12.4. Odin should display "Added!!" in the log window when your phone is connected.
    Step 8: Place the downloaded tar into the AP slot in Odin and flash.

This next phase will take a VERY long time to boot. The ROM is deodexed by default and not 1st boot optimized. BE PATIENT. Also, if you are going to restore your google account, make sure do NOT restore SuperSU. Once the phone boots up and is at the home screen, go into settings, about, then tap the build number 7 times to unlock developer options. Make sure usb debugging is selected and move on to step 9.

Step 9: Open a command prompt where your ADB executable and sun7 folder are.
    Step 10: Verify standard root access by typing "adb shell" then "su" If successful, type "exit" twice to get back to the command prompt.
    Step 11: Push the sun7 folder to your phone by typing "adb push sun7 /data/local/tmp/su"
    Step 12: Change permissions of contents in su to 777 by typing "adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/su/*"
    Step 13: Launch adb shell by typing "adb shell"
    Step 14: Change directory to su by typing "cd data" "cd local" "cd tmp" "cd su"
    Step 15: Gain standard root privileges by typing "su"
    Step 16: Execute the SU script by typing "./root.sh"

At this point, the script will install SuperSU, set up root, and reboot automatically. Once booted back up, SuperSU should be in your app drawer and should work. At this point, I would suggest downloading busybox on rails from the Play Store and set up busybox. Super SU may or may not update binaries successfully after installing busybox. I was able to update to 2.76 without issue.

ENJOY!!!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO THANK AND DONATE FOR OUR EFFORTS.
    This is the instructions for installing xposed. Big shout out though to my buddy freeza who helped/helps me alot though. Anyway your not here for that your here for xposed haha. I will post the zip down below the instructions to make sure everyone reads them. Secondly, Freeza nor I own xposed so definitely thank the creators on their thread and download the installer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    Instructions:
    step 1: download zip.
    step 2: extract zip to where your adb is. if you have adb globally installed, then extract anywhere. There should be 4 folders and 2 files inside of the folder and the folder should be called xposed.
    step 3: launch command prompt where adb and the extracted xposed folder is.
    step 4: connect your phone to pc.
    step 5: push xposed folder to your phone by typing "adb push xposed /data/local/tmp/xposed"
    step 6: change permissions on xposed.sh to 777 by typing "adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/xposed/xposed.sh"
    step 7: launch adb shell by typing "adb shell"
    step 8: change directory to xposed by typing "cd data" "cd local" "cd tmp" "cd xposed"
    step 9: gain standard root privileges by typing "su"
    step 10: launch xposed installer by typing "./xposed.sh"
    It will take care of the rest and reboot. The phone will rebuild caches and take a while to boot. So be patient and donate while you wait, it should make it load faster it has been proven. Jk and enjoy! https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=101917
    From the Moderator -oka1

To all in this Thread .......... PLEASE .......

........Do not fill this Thread with Diatribe or personal attacks........

No one cares if you are frustrated, No one cares that you think it is wrong or unfair that the root methods are shaky/unstable .......... No one CARES .......

........Please ..... ONLY- post things that help solve the puzzle to acquiring a Stable Root....... Nothing else ........

IF you need to Vent...... Write to Dear Abby or Dr Phil ......... Seriously ...........

Remember post Respectfully ... on topic ... or ...... DO NOT POST .......

Thanks, ~~~ oka1
    UPDATE: OP is now live!
    All this hate flowing through my veins bro.... All this Hate..... We need the tmo version also ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Lol. I can feel the hate

Sent from my SGP621 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Another Freebro Production

Sent from my SGP621 using XDA-Developers mobile app