[Root]SuperSU v2.78 SR5 and S-OFF (SunShine)

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Develo
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
I modeified @Chainfire 's HTC 10 SuperSU v2.78 SR5 root package to work with the HTC Evo 10/ Bolt, as SunShine support depends on a solid reliable root. Please DO NOT donate to my in appreciation of this, it is not my work I just spent 30seconds porting it. If you appreciate this, please buy some of chainfire's apps or donate to him.

If you are already rooted, please restore stock boot.img bofore using this.

Download - root-htcboltevo10-nougat.zip

SunShine now supports the HTC Evo 10/Bolt for S-OFF. Install the app, run it, once it reboots wait 2 minutes and run it again to complete the process. - http://theroot.ninja

---- Instructions ----

If you follow the instructions, SuperSU v2.78 SR5 will be installed to your HTC Bolt / Evo 10 running Nougat.

This is only a temporary solution until a proper CF-Auto-Root exists or TWRP is supported on the Nougat build. Do not expect this to be updated.

Make sure your bootloader is unlocked. S-OFF is not necessary.

- "adb reboot download"
- "fastboot flash recovery recovery_root.img"
- "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
- Go into recovery through on-screen menu
- Device should reboot 3 or 4 times, with about a minute in between
- Android boots up: root!

(optional but recommended, return to stock-ish recovery)
- "adb reboot download"
- "fastboot flash recovery recovery_stock.img"
- "fastboot reboot"

Enjoy!
- Chainfire

Last edited:

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
I modeified @Chainfire 's HTC 10 SuperSU v2.78 SR5 root package to work with the HTC Evo 10/ Bolt, as SunShine support depends on a solid reliable root. Please DO NOT donate to my in appreciation of this, it is not my work I just spent 30seconds porting it. If you appreciate this, please buy some of chainfire's apps or donate to him.

SunShine now supports the HTC Evo 10/Bolt for S-OFF. Install the app, run it, once it reboots wait 2 minutes and run it again to complete the process. - http://theroot.ninja

---- Instructions ----

If you follow the instructions, SuperSU v2.78 SR5 will be installed to your HTC Bolt / Evo 10 running Nougat.

This is only a temporary solution until a proper CF-Auto-Root exists or TWRP is supported on the Nougat build. Do not expect this to be updated.

- "adb reboot download"

- "adb reboot download"
- "fastboot reboot"

Enjoy!
- Chainfire

Thanks for all your work @jcase!

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 2,292
Reactions: benny3 and nenebear

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7

---- Instructions ----

- "adb reboot download"

- "adb reboot download"
- "fastboot reboot"

Enjoy!
- Chainfire
Is there a download link for the zip? All I see is the link to sunshine website, and the link in the downloads section of sunshine website just brings me back here to the thread...

Team DevDigitel

Jul 10, 2012
Va
question about last part, the stock-ish recovery... is there a reason that i cant swap for a beta version of twrp or the original recovery?

im assuming the original recovery without patches would cause the device to not boot due to security checks?

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
question about last part, the stock-ish recovery... is there a reason that i cant swap for a beta version of twrp or the original recovery?

im assuming the original recovery without patches would cause the device to not boot due to security checks?

Sunshine is not compatible with phh root, that's why he ported chainfires root to stock recovery. I actually prefer this root over phh. After getting s-off, you can flash the phh method or twrp

Sent from my HTC 2PYB2 using XDA Labs

Reactions: turbojetjs

Team DevDigitel

Jul 10, 2012
Va
I flashed the stock recovery.img back to device. It made me rename it something other then just recovery.img.

Flashed over and booted into recovery and tried a factory reset. All my build stuff stayed and the root re-installed

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
So i have been on Samsung since my evo 4g. Just to be clear I can have root access without S off and I can go back to stock by flashing an ruu?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
So i have been on Samsung since my evo 4g. Just to be clear I can have root access without S off and I can go back to stock by flashing an ruu?

flash the rooted recovery in OP, follow the instructions....this keeps /system stock, with systemless root...once booted w/ root, install & run sunshine, once done, to return to 100%, just flash the stock recovery

Reactions: jayshocka

jldunn2008

Dec 25, 2016
Got stuck between an currupt encryption data and non-stock recovery

After sunshine my device booted but was getting a corrupt encryption data error...at that point I was nervous... so I tried to do a factory reset... Got the same error...finally remembered I hadnt flashed back to stock-ish firmware...

Now factory reset is working and im assuming ill just reroot and everything will be good to go...

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7
After sunshine my device booted but was getting a corrupt encryption data error...at that point I was nervous... so I tried to do a factory reset... Got the same error...finally remembered I hadnt flashed back to stock-ish firmware...

Now factory reset is working and im assuming ill just reroot and everything will be good to go...
Yes same thing happened to me. Just needed to reflash stock recovery, rooted recovery can't / won't be able to complete the factory data reset. After the reset , just reroot

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
There is no need to use the rooted recovery from op any longer since we have a fully functional twrp & supersu

jldunn2008

Dec 25, 2016
There is no need to use the rooted recovery from op any longer since we have a fully functional twrp & supersu

I couldn't install TWRP until I was rooted with s-off...and couldn't s-off until I was rooted....therefore I had to use the rooted recovery to get rooted so I could install TWRP....right?

I'm semi-novice...just learned ADB when I got my S7 rooted earlier this year...so I may be doing things more complicated when they need to be...

(also OMJ, I installed your bad boys rom from the download on original post but once installed it was v1.2...and since my account is so new I can't post over there yet)

**(OMJ, I reflashed your rom after redownloading and now it says I'm using version 1.3....but I don't have tether/hotspot in settings?)

Last edited:

OMJ

Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
I couldn't install TWRP until I was rooted with s-off...and couldn't s-off until I was rooted....therefore I had to use the rooted recovery to get rooted so I could install TWRP....right?

I'm semi-novice...just learned ADB when I got my S7 rooted earlier this year...so I may be doing things more complicated when they need to be...

(also OMJ, I installed your bad boys rom from the download on original post but once installed it was v1.2...and since my account is so new I can't post over there yet)

**(OMJ, I reflashed your rom after redownloading and now it says I'm using version 1.3....but I don't have tether/hotspot in settings?)

u don't need root to flash TWRP...u only need to unlock bootloader...flashing TWRP is the same process of flashing the rooted recovery from OP...it's done from fastboot

u should be able to post in my ROM thread, not in this thread...or create a thread in general & tag me

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7
please make it possible to run on DROID TURBO 2...
please contact me at this email : [email protected]
let me know as soon as it is available for my device...
thank you
This is the HTC Bolt forum, this method will only work for HTC bolt, no other device. 2nd off, it's you who needs to frequently check the status of root exploits for your device. No Dev is going to specifically get ahold of u to keep u posted on how a project is progressing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---- Instructions ----

- "adb reboot download"

- "adb reboot download"
    - "fastboot reboot"

Enjoy!
    - Chainfire
    Is there a download link for the zip? All I see is the link to sunshine website, and the link in the downloads section of sunshine website just brings me back here to the thread...

copy paste fail on my behalf - http://theroot.ninja/root-htcboltevo10-nougat.zip

---- Instructions ----

- "adb reboot download"

- "adb reboot download"
    - "fastboot reboot"

Enjoy!
    - Chainfire

Thanks for all your work @jcase!

Sunshine is not compatible with phh root, that's why he ported chainfires root to stock recovery. I actually prefer this root over phh. After getting s-off, you can flash the phh method or twrp

flash the rooted recovery in OP, follow the instructions....this keeps /system stock, with systemless root...once booted w/ root, install & run sunshine, once done, to return to 100%, just flash the stock recovery
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone