[ROOT] SuperSU

Search This thread
Will the OTA work while rooted (not break anything other than root)? Then just re-root after (permitting everything is working fine)?
No..it won't install with root. Root has to be removed before taking the Ota . If I was able to unroot via SuperSU I guess I should have tried that but wasn't sure if I should have so I followed what everyone was saying to do

stupidchicken03

Jun 18, 2011
In the SAC of CA
www.i-club.com
No..it won't install with root. Root has to be removed before taking the Ota . If I was able to unroot via SuperSU I guess I should have tried that but wasn't sure if I should have so I followed what everyone was saying to do

what version of root were you on?

SR3 I think the unroot inside the SU app was supposed to be updated and fixed to work.
I never upgraded to SR3, Im currently still on 2, so id have to flash the OEM boot.img

what version of root were you on?

SR3 I think the unroot inside the SU app was supposed to be updated and fixed to work.
I never upgraded to SR3, Im currently still on 2, so id have to flash the OEM boot.img
I was on sr3. Just started it from scratch made sure usb debugging was on adb reboot bootloader, fastboot boot boot-to-root.img and the same thing is happening phone will NOT boot

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I was on sr3. Just started it from scratch made sure usb debugging was on adb reboot bootloader, fastboot boot boot-to-root.img and the same thing is happening phone will NOT boot
I'm done. This didn't work either. After trying every way that everyone had mentioned I am still not able to get root after the Ota...so I will flash all again for the 4th time in 24 hours and be done with this

g4Nk

Aug 25, 2011
Will the OTA work while rooted (not break anything other than root)? Then just re-root after (permitting everything is working fine)?

The OTA would not work for me while rooted. However, I was able to sideload V, install ElementalX kernel, and root again without any issues. I'm not sure why people are getting stuck at boot. Maybe they aren't using the SR3 update?

ns218

Dec 21, 2013
No errors at all everything works as it should it just won't boot after I run fastboot boot boot-to-root.img yes the bootloader is already unlocked

I'm having the same issue you are, and I have tried everything as well, even made sure all the USB drivers and adb and fastboot were current, and all that happens is it goes to the bouncing dots and sits there until I power off the phone, and to get the phone operational again, I have to sideload the update. I even tried this on a couple different computers to rule out something related to my computer setup or something. I also have the regular pixel, and not the XL version.

Reactions: 335Deezl
Screen shot the output from fastboot for me
I just flash-all again so it's going to be a few minutes . After I flash all and update is applied what exactly should I be doing to reroot just so I am double sure I am doing it right

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

What about in dev option where it says verify apps over usb/adb....should that be on?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

It restarts twice and then hangs at the dots. I'm about to do it again and send a screen shot

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
I'm sorry but I can/will only help if you follow along.

I want a screen shot of the terminal/command prompt from when you try to boot the "boot to root" image.

I just flash-all again so it's going to be a few minutes . After I flash all and update is applied what exactly should I be doing to reroot just so I am double sure I am doing it right

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

What about in dev option where it says verify apps over usb/adb....should that be on?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

It restarts twice and then hangs at the dots. I'm about to do it again and send a screen shot

Reactions: sd_shadow

Attachments

• 20161110_154607.jpg
    20161110_154607.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 254

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
    - Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)
    Chain fire was your tester able to verify if the system UI issue was fixed? Just curious I have yet to experience it my self and was just currently below 15%

Yes, the 15% issue is fixed. Release probably later today or tomorrow. Have some other bugs to fix as well.
    Fanboys just admit that the you can't install RC1 fresh and the op is misleads users to try that route. Dev gave instructions thant don't work. I think it was not tested, however, just flash twrp RC1 and SU5 and the dev assumed it world work. No problem, but many of us wasted hours trying to prove an assumption... Maybe we need SU6? Update: I forgot to say I was trying to root, too. So yes, I can install RC1 but can't root. Srry, dev and those I rubbed the wrong way. My bad.

The instructions worked at that release time (weeks ago), it's not my fault TWRP was updated a few days ago in an incompatible way. Nor is it Dees_Troy's fault - it's just how things turned out.

There will be an update to SuperSU to fix this. In the mean time, just use alpha2 instead of rc1.

Or, you could continue being a complete asshat, in which case, please get the hell out of my thread (and/or off my planet).