• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROOT] SuperSU

Search This thread

kirschdog1

How do I get find uninstall all fastboot and adb drivers? Sorry noob here. Then after I uninstall all drivers how do I install correct updated adb/fastboot drivers? Please help as I am continuing to have problems with adb and also have multiple adb and fastboot drivers as well as minimal installed and I keep getting could not install smartsocket listener errors. After that what image would I install to get back to good with a rootable system? I am a USA google user not verizon. I see a lot of stuff for x software for verizon.

Works for me just fine on v. I had issues with adb on this phone. I had multiple toolkits on my laptop and multiple folders with adb and fastboot. I deleted all the programs and all the files and reinstalled from SDK and have not had a problem since,

dowlf

Nov 30, 2014
I was stuck on with the bouncing balls after trying the boot-to-root method on nde63v. I was able to get my phone working again with 'adb sideload marlin-ota-nde63v-272853b5.zip' from recovery.

I am hesitant to try root again until I see more success stories. Glad to have my phone working again, was worried I bricked it for a minute there.

andresee

Feb 7, 2014
I was stuck on with the bouncing balls after trying the boot-to-root method on nde63v. I was able to get my phone working again with 'adb sideload marlin-ota-nde63v-272853b5.zip' from recovery.

I am hesitant to try root again until I see more success stories. Glad to have my phone working again, was worried I bricked it for a minute there.
Try to hold down the power if that happens again and see if it will boot after a restart.

Reactions: dowlf

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
OnePlus 9
How do I get find uninstall all fastboot and adb drivers? Sorry noob here. Then after I uninstall all drivers how do I install correct updated adb/fastboot drivers? Please help as I am continuing to have problems with adb and also have multiple adb and fastboot drivers as well as minimal installed and I keep getting could not install smartsocket listener errors. After that what image would I install to get back to good with a rootable system? I am a USA google user not verizon. I see a lot of stuff for x software for verizon.
Just start going through your folders and start deleting. Then get the Google's website and install SDK and install. I had same problem,i know it sucks but this is how you learn . I also in America not on verizon and installed v

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
Where did you hear this? At the moment it will work as many times as you'd like to use it until a patch is released. It doesn't have a limit on uses.
Idk this dude few pages back locked his phone now can't relock it so figured this was case or he's just doing something completely wrong or he's just trying to unlock again without running depixel

kirschdog1

Which ota or image do I install to get root back if I flashed V first and got stuck on jumping dots? I want to go back to software which was rootable? I am google USA phone not Verizon. Is it P? Also do I flash the whole ota or just the image? If I just flash the image how do I do that? Im not sure if I want to use V again if it is unrootable?

dowlf

Nov 30, 2014
Which ota or image do I install to get root back if I flashed V first and got stuck on jumping dots? I want to go back to software which was rootable? I am google USA phone not Verizon. Is it P? Also do I flash the whole ota or just the image? If I just flash the image how do I do that? Im not sure if I want to use V again if it is unrootable?

Someone mentioned that they were able to root with P.

I was able to get my phone working again by sideloading the the whole ota, good luck if you try something else.

kirschdog1

X is for verizon users

I rooted X so idk why your having trouble with root

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I keep getting error: adb server version 31 doesnt match this client 36 killing error could not install smart socketlistener. How do i get working adb files for this phone I have cleaned out all of them and only have minimal adb and fastboot running....this doesnt work. How can I get the correct adb/fastboot drivers installed and working? I downloaded P now to try and get back to a rootable system but cant get adb to run correctly.

dowlf

Nov 30, 2014
X is for verizon users

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I keep getting error: adb server version 31 doesnt match this client 36 killing error could not install smart socketlistener. How do i get working adb files for this phone I have cleaned out all of them and only have minimal adb and fastboot running....this doesnt work. How can I get the correct adb/fastboot drivers installed and working? I downloaded P now to try and get back to a rootable system but cant get adb to run correctly.

Have you installed the drivers from here:

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html#download

?

psychatog64

Jan 27, 2011
X is for verizon users

Even so there's no reason v shouldn't be able to be rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
    - Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)
    Chain fire was your tester able to verify if the system UI issue was fixed? Just curious I have yet to experience it my self and was just currently below 15%

Yes, the 15% issue is fixed. Release probably later today or tomorrow. Have some other bugs to fix as well.
    Fanboys just admit that the you can't install RC1 fresh and the op is misleads users to try that route. Dev gave instructions thant don't work. I think it was not tested, however, just flash twrp RC1 and SU5 and the dev assumed it world work. No problem, but many of us wasted hours trying to prove an assumption... Maybe we need SU6? Update: I forgot to say I was trying to root, too. So yes, I can install RC1 but can't root. Srry, dev and those I rubbed the wrong way. My bad.

The instructions worked at that release time (weeks ago), it's not my fault TWRP was updated a few days ago in an incompatible way. Nor is it Dees_Troy's fault - it's just how things turned out.

There will be an update to SuperSU to fix this. In the mean time, just use alpha2 instead of rc1.

Or, you could continue being a complete asshat, in which case, please get the hell out of my thread (and/or off my planet).