• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT] SuperSU

Search This thread

candys.world

Sep 10, 2016
Fort Worth
Pixel XL errors after flashing

Hello lovelies,
Forgive me if I posted duplicate screenshots I couldn't tell if it worked or not. I have the Pixel XL with the newest stock version of Oreo op6. I previous on the test version used TWRP 3.0.2.0 .IMG file then the TWRP zip 3.1.0 RC2 with @Chainfire SuperSU 2.8.2 and @Chainfire verified boot signer. That all worked great! But... Now
When I went to Op6 stock Room I noticed I that different method was showing on XDA to use a modded TWRP, suhide and SuperSU 2.82 I believe. So I flashed the modded TWRP and SuperSU 2.82 but the suhide pkg would not flash it gme an error in red. Your gonna be irritated but I can't remember the error I got in TWRP. I've attached a few screenshots. The one screenshot I got that talks about sqlite is from when I rebooted everything after flashing everything but suhide as I never. Got it to go. Ps. i m new at this so be gentle lol.

Last edited:

bama17

Mar 24, 2012
Hello lovelies,
Forgive me if I posted duplicate screenshots I couldn't tell if it worked or not. I have the Pixel XL with the newest stock version of Oreo op6. I previous on the test version used TWRP 3.0.2.0 .IMG file then the TWRP zip 3.1.0 RC2 with @Chainfire SuperSU 2.8.2 and @Chainfire verified boot signer. That all worked great! But... Now
When I went to Op6 stock Room I noticed I that different method was showing on XDA to use a modded TWRP, suhide and SuperSU 2.82 I believe. So I flashed the modded TWRP and SuperSU 2.82 but the suhide pkg would not flash it gme an error in red. Your gonna be irritated but I can't remember the error I got in TWRP. I've attached a few screenshots. The one screenshot I got that talks about sqlite is from when I rebooted everything after flashing everything but suhide as I never. Got it to go. Ps. i m new at this so be gentle lol.

Try installing Busybox and change the install location to /system/bin if it prompts you and says that it can't install.

Sent from my SM-G955U using XDA Labs

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Hello lovelies,

You could try the steps that proved successful for me. I upgraded from latest 7.1.2 to OR6 using that method without losing data/settings. FYI modified TWRP is made by developer gubacsek and it works perfectly. Steps at https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/suhide-lite-t3653855/post73544385#post73544385

xXRapToRiXx

Nov 15, 2014
I know this is a bit off topic but could anyone with a rooted Pixel or Pixel XL running Android 8 upload the framework.apk (located in /System/framework)? I would need it to modify my own framework.apk to get pixel colors.

sb1893

Apr 2, 2014
Hello lovelies,

You need to install SuperSu in SBIN mode if you intend to use suhide v1.08. All the instructions you need are in the OP of Chainfire's suhide-lite thread....linked below...good luck! Also - in Oreo, I believe SuperSu defaults to SBIN mode...you don't need to do anything special to enable it. You can verify by confirming the presence of the /sbin/supersu directory after SuperSu install.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu/suhide-lite-t3653855

Last edited:

plittlefield

Feb 23, 2013
Maidstone
Hi Folks,

I have a Pixel (sailfish) that I would like to put on a custom recovery and root.

Model: Google Pixel (sailfish) 32GB
Android Version: 7.1.1
Android Security Patch Level: December 5, 2016
Baseband Version: 8996-012511-1611190200
Kernel Version: 3.18.31-gbd96fbf Mon Nov 7 20:29:14 UTC 2016
Build Number: NMF26Q

Here's what I have done so far...

TWRP : adb devices > adb reboot bootloader > fastboot boot /path/to/twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-sailfish.img > install > select storage > otg > twrp-pixel-installer-sailfish-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip > reboot > recovery > ALL GOOD

ROOT : adb devices > adb reboot recovery > install > select storage > otg > SR4-SuperSU-v2.78-SR4-20161115184928.zip > reboot > system > SuperSU app NOT FOUND in app drawer :(

What am I doing wrong?

Can I use the latest SuperSU SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip file for this Pixel?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
A couple of days ago, my wife's Pixel lost the SuperSU and suhide icons. I tried loading them (2.82 SR3) back in through the working Android O TWRP .img, but neither showed up despite the installs working fine. I ended up doing a full factory reset (to my wife's dismay since she loves keeping all of her text messages forever) and started from scratch. Both installs went fine, and the apps remained for 24 hours or so then they icons disappeared again. suhide icon came back but wouldn't acquire root. Other root apps were working fine despite the icon missing. I flashed the factory image (with deleted -w) after uninstalling suhide and then installed both apps again through TWRP. suhide showed up and is working along with all other root apps, but the SuperSU icon is still missing. I noticed that Flashfire doesn't show that it was granted root (like it normally does) on reboot although it works fine if the app is loaded. I am hesitant to do another full factory image or reset for fear of my life LOL. Any thoughts on how to get the icon back?

plittlefield

Feb 23, 2013
Maidstone
Hi Folks,

I have a Pixel (sailfish) that I would like to put on a custom recovery and root.

Model: Google Pixel (sailfish) 32GB
Android Version: 7.1.1
Android Security Patch Level: December 5, 2016
Baseband Version: 8996-012511-1611190200
Kernel Version: 3.18.31-gbd96fbf Mon Nov 7 20:29:14 UTC 2016
Build Number: NMF26Q

Here's what I have done so far...

TWRP : adb devices > adb reboot bootloader > fastboot boot /path/to/twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-sailfish.img > install > select storage > otg > twrp-pixel-installer-sailfish-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip > reboot > recovery > ALL GOOD

ROOT : adb devices > adb reboot recovery > install > select storage > otg > SR4-SuperSU-v2.78-SR4-20161115184928.zip > reboot > system > SuperSU app NOT FOUND in app drawer :(

What am I doing wrong?

Can I use the latest SuperSU SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip file for this Pixel?

Thanks.

Should I be using the boot-to-root img method by Chainfire to root it rather than the SuperSU zip file?

https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/24xhJN724HG

Help!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Should I be using the boot-to-root img method by Chainfire to root it rather than the SuperSU zip file?

Help!

OK, so now I am REALLY confused (sigh).

I want TWRP and SuperSU root.

I have successfully installed TWRP via this method:-

- fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img
- TWRP install twrp.zip

While in recovery, I have immediately tried this as well...

- reboot into recovery
- TWRP install supersu.zip

But this does not show me the SuperSU app in the app drawer.

Do I have to download a later version of Chainfire's SuperSU .zip file, or a very particular version of Chaainfire's SuperSU.zip file?!

Confused.

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
A couple of days ago, my wife's Pixel lost the SuperSU and suhide icons. I tried loading them (2.82 SR3) back in through the working Android O TWRP .img, but neither showed up despite the installs working fine. I ended up doing a full factory reset (to my wife's dismay since she loves keeping all of her text messages forever) and started from scratch. Both installs went fine, and the apps remained for 24 hours or so then they icons disappeared again. suhide icon came back but wouldn't acquire root. Other root apps were working fine despite the icon missing. I flashed the factory image (with deleted -w) after uninstalling suhide and then installed both apps again through TWRP. suhide showed up and is working along with all other root apps, but the SuperSU icon is still missing. I noticed that Flashfire doesn't show that it was granted root (like it normally does) on reboot although it works fine if the app is loaded. I am hesitant to do another full factory image or reset for fear of my life LOL. Any thoughts on how to get the icon back?

Just replying to my own thread, but it would be nice to know how to get the icon back if it happens again. Either way, the icon "automagically" reappeared last night, LOL.

plaseo

Mar 2, 2011
Just replying to my own thread, but it would be nice to know how to get the icon back if it happens again. Either way, the icon "automagically" reappeared last night, LOL.

I had the same issue, I thought it was related to me accidentally disabling developer options but I may be wrong. If you go to Settings>Apps, suhide & SuperSU are listed. I uninstalled from here then reinstalled both (they are inside the zip files) and am up and running again.

Last edited:

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
I had the same issue, I thought it was related to me accidentally disabling developer options but I may be wrong. If you go to Settings>Apps, suhide & SuperSU are listed. I uninstalled from here then reinstalled both (they are inside the zip files) and am up and running again.

Ended up happening again out of nowhere. I did a full wipe (not getting rid of the -w) and reinstalling after re-configuring. I worked , and hope it stays despite having to do that.

chazall1

Jun 11, 2010

Help!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

OK, so now I am REALLY confused (sigh).

I want TWRP and SuperSU root.

I have successfully installed TWRP via this method:-

- fastboot boot /path/to/twrp.img
- TWRP install twrp.zip

While in recovery, I have immediately tried this as well...

- reboot into recovery
- TWRP install supersu.zip

But this does not show me the SuperSU app in the app drawer.

Do I have to download a later version of Chainfire's SuperSU .zip file, or a very particular version of Chaainfire's SuperSU.zip file?!

Confused.

First try to relax and take some time to read and understand what needs to be done to fix any questions that you may have. READ this it has Great Info:.
good luck https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to/guide-android-8-oreo-root-stock-rooted-t3660591

Last edited:

plittlefield

Feb 23, 2013
Maidstone
First try to relax and take some time to read and understand what needs to be done to fix any questions that you may have. READ this it has Great Info:.
good luck https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to/guide-android-8-oreo-root-stock-rooted-t3660591

Hi,

Firstly, my bad for posting in the Pixel XL thread when I have a Pixel... I am sorry.

Secondly, I only have Android 7.1.1 and a running TWRP so decided to try the next available SuperSU .zip file from the TWRP screen - SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip and that worked.

I then booted in to Android, set up the SuperSU app and it upgraded to 2.82 the next day.

I am not willing to upgrade to Oreo yet (it's way too shiny) until at least 8.0.1 but thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Paully

WafflesNL

Sep 18, 2017
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

I'm having a rather difficult time rooting my device and I can't seem to figure out why.

I have unlocked my bootloader, installed the adb drivers and used "fastboot boot boot-to-root.img" to boot the image to my Google Pixel. The instructions indicate that my device should now be rooted.

But when I try and check it's still unrooted.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong/missing?

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
I'm having a rather difficult time rooting my device and I can't seem to figure out why.

I have unlocked my bootloader, installed the adb drivers and used "fastboot boot boot-to-root.img" to boot the image to my Google Pixel. The instructions indicate that my device should now be rooted.

But when I try and check it's still unrooted.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong/missing?

Connect your phone to the laptop and transfer SuperSU2.82SR3 and ElementalX kernel 2.01 for Oreo. Both are ZIP files.
Then reboot into bootloader.
Fastboot boot the modified twrp for Oreo (made by author gubacsek).
Flash ElementalX kernel zip file.
Boot the phone normally.
Check in System settings if you have ElementalX kernel installed.
Boot back into bootloader.
Fastboot boot the modified twrp.
Flash SuperSU zip file.
Boot the phone normally - this will bootloop a couple of times - dont worry, it will evetually boot up.
You will now have root.

WafflesNL

Sep 18, 2017
Uhm

Connect your phone to the laptop and transfer SuperSU2.82SR3 and ElementalX kernel 2.01 for Oreo. Both are ZIP files.
Boot the phone normally.
Flash SuperSU zip file.
Boot the phone normally - this will bootloop a couple of times - dont worry, it will evetually boot up.
You will now have root.

ive fastbooted the modified twrp but it says I need a password? What now?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Boot the phone normally.
Flash SuperSU zip file.
You will now have root.

Thanks man

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Boot the phone normally.
Flash SuperSU zip file.
You will now have root.

Flashed the Elemental Kernel And it shows up.
But its not rooted and flashing SuperSu does nothing.

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
ive fastbooted the modified twrp but it says I need a password? What now?

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Thanks man

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Flashed the Elemental Kernel And it shows up.
But its not rooted and flashing SuperSu does nothing.
Can you check with Root Checker app?
I hope you had flashed SuperSU 2.82SR3 in Twrp.
Do you have the SuperSU app in your app drawer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
    - Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)
    Chain fire was your tester able to verify if the system UI issue was fixed? Just curious I have yet to experience it my self and was just currently below 15%

Yes, the 15% issue is fixed. Release probably later today or tomorrow. Have some other bugs to fix as well.
    Fanboys just admit that the you can't install RC1 fresh and the op is misleads users to try that route. Dev gave instructions thant don't work. I think it was not tested, however, just flash twrp RC1 and SU5 and the dev assumed it world work. No problem, but many of us wasted hours trying to prove an assumption... Maybe we need SU6? Update: I forgot to say I was trying to root, too. So yes, I can install RC1 but can't root. Srry, dev and those I rubbed the wrong way. My bad.

The instructions worked at that release time (weeks ago), it's not my fault TWRP was updated a few days ago in an incompatible way. Nor is it Dees_Troy's fault - it's just how things turned out.

There will be an update to SuperSU to fix this. In the mean time, just use alpha2 instead of rc1.

Or, you could continue being a complete asshat, in which case, please get the hell out of my thread (and/or off my planet).