• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT] SuperSU

Search This thread

WafflesNL

Sep 18, 2017
Yup

I checked it with some root checker says i do not haveroot and i flashed that supersu with twrp and it doesnt reboot a few times or gets stuck it just starts and nothing happens
Thanks for helping me out though.

EDIT: Also the twrp app never installed.

Last edited:

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Ended up happening again out of nowhere. I did a full wipe (not getting rid of the -w) and reinstalling after re-configuring. I worked , and hope it stays despite having to do that.

Unbelievably, it happened again. SuperSU and suhude icons are gone. If anyone has any ideas besides a full wipe (that lasted a couple of days only), I'm all ears. Both apps still work. Android Pay is working, so suhude appears to be functioning, and root is OK.

sliding_billy

Apr 23, 2012
North Texas
Unbelievably, it happened again. SuperSU and suhude icons are gone. If anyone has any ideas besides a full wipe (that lasted a couple of days only), I'm all ears. Both apps still work. Android Pay is working, so suhude appears to be functioning, and root is OK.

In case anyone else experiences this, got it figured out with some help in the SuperSU SR4 beta thread. She was somehow triggering hide mode in suhide by hitting up/down on volume multiple times in a couple of seconds. I can trigger it now as needed, and it hides/unhides SuperSU and suhide since I suppose the have the same hide settings in suhide.

Reactions: [email protected]

AlPoo

Oct 3, 2012
Was working. Busy box lost root.

Any suggestions to get it working again? Flasing sr5 gives me the application but not root access.

About to go for wiping with factory images later tonight. Any suggestions beforehand would be appreciated.

Bobbaloo

Jul 7, 2016
New York
Was working. Busy box lost root.

Any suggestions to get it working again? Flasing sr5 gives me the application but not root access.

About to go for wiping with factory images later tonight. Any suggestions beforehand would be appreciated.
I don't know a thing about busy box but installed it the other day to try some themes. I used the BusyBox installer from play store. When the theme didn't work out, I had to restore to the TWRP backup and there were no problems. BusyBox itself was gone, system as it was before. I still had titanium backup of BusyBox installer. Do you have a twrp backup?

AlPoo

Oct 3, 2012
I don't know a thing about busy box but installed it the other day to try some themes. I used the BusyBox installer from play store. When the theme didn't work out, I had to restore to the TWRP backup and there were no problems. BusyBox itself was gone, system as it was before. I still had titanium backup of BusyBox installer. Do you have a twrp backup?

Unfortunately, no. I don't know if a factory reset will fix /bin problems, which is one of the reasons im so hesitant.

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
Unfortunately, no. I don't know if a factory reset will fix /bin problems, which is one of the reasons im so hesitant.

I don't believe it will. A factory reset just wipes user data, it doesn't touch the system partition. Only way to undo changes to the system is to restore a backup of the system via TWRP or flash factory images.

You can flash the factory images without wiping data though. Edit the flash-all.bat and erase the "-w". If you do this, you should still have all your user data and settings, etc.

Reactions: old_fart and AlPoo

[email protected]

Aug 11, 2017
Hey guys I was curious the easiest method for root on the Pixel XL?? I'm wanting root mainly for Miracast, any suggestions? I've been out of the rooting world for a few years so I know things have changed.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Aug 11, 2017
This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
- Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)

Do you know anyway to get Miracast?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
    - Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)
    Chain fire was your tester able to verify if the system UI issue was fixed? Just curious I have yet to experience it my self and was just currently below 15%

Yes, the 15% issue is fixed. Release probably later today or tomorrow. Have some other bugs to fix as well.
    Fanboys just admit that the you can't install RC1 fresh and the op is misleads users to try that route. Dev gave instructions thant don't work. I think it was not tested, however, just flash twrp RC1 and SU5 and the dev assumed it world work. No problem, but many of us wasted hours trying to prove an assumption... Maybe we need SU6? Update: I forgot to say I was trying to root, too. So yes, I can install RC1 but can't root. Srry, dev and those I rubbed the wrong way. My bad.

The instructions worked at that release time (weeks ago), it's not my fault TWRP was updated a few days ago in an incompatible way. Nor is it Dees_Troy's fault - it's just how things turned out.

There will be an update to SuperSU to fix this. In the mean time, just use alpha2 instead of rc1.

Or, you could continue being a complete asshat, in which case, please get the hell out of my thread (and/or off my planet).