[ROOT] SuperSU

Search This thread

belloni

Jun 8, 2013
What's the steps to avoid wiping when updating this through sideload? Thanks.

EDIT: Ignore

Last edited:

335Deezl

Apr 25, 2011
When you say bootloop do you mean the dots just keep going over and over if so I had that just hold the power button till it reboots that worked for me

Exactly. I've held down the power button ofter three minutes of the dots, to get it to reboot and, again, hangs on the bouncing dots...

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I have only been able to downgrade by flashing the factory image and not the update files.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Exactly.

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
Hi to all!!

I need help!! I installed fk kernel and all went weel! I lost root so I tried to root again (install the file trough fastboot)! Wasn't working. Couldn't install SU so I tried starting all over... Relocked my device and now, I'm stuck... Can't unlock it (remote oem unlock is not allowed) and can't boot the device... Stuck in fastboot...

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

scloutkst

Mar 26, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi to all!!

I need help!! I installed fk kernel and all went weel! I lost root so I tried to root again (install the file trough fastboot)! Wasn't working. Couldn't install SU so I tried starting all over... Relocked my device and now, I'm stuck... Can't unlock it (remote oem unlock is not allowed) and can't boot the device... Stuck in fastboot...

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Are you on a Verizon device? If so your probably screwed. I would trackdown @jcase and see if he can help

aarnold0805

May 8, 2012
Riverton
Hi to all!!

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Been said several times. Never relock. You won't be able to unlock again. Sorry for the bad news

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: CWizzle

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
If you got it from the Google store just call then and say you phone won't boot and they will make you try a factory reset in recovery and of that doesn't work they will send you a new phone for free. Thought i bricked mine and they were going to replace it. But i was able to get it working again.

I bought the phone from Telus in Canada... It's been 5 days so, they will exchange it no questions asked if there is no physical damage on the phone... It's physically perfect, not a scratch! So won't even need my insurance! I called them already! Will have my new phone in the morning at 10am! Lesson learned! No relock!

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills
Hi to all!!

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
I'm just curious here so please do not cast stones but why in the world would you even think relocking the bootloader would even be needed or attributing to your issue for that matter. The fact your bootloader was unlocked would/could not cause any firmware/root issues. You should've just flashed the stock image (doesn't matter which ie; NDE63H, L, P, V or X) in fastboot and tried re-flashing root. Again, I'm not trying to be mean about you screwing up or saying it's your fault entirely but the bootloader being unlocked will not cause issues with the software on the device. Another thing to keep in mind is if you aren't completely stock ie; didn't flash a kernel or root, then you cannot relock your bootloader without bricking your device. This has been touched on in this thread more than several times and @jcase actually made a P.S.A. post urging people not to lock their bootloaders after flashing a kernel or having any nonstock partitions on the device. Unfortunately, there is no fix for the self inflicted brick now nor in the future according to the Root Ninja crew. Sorry, wish there was a way we could help. I personally have flashed all available custom kernels but am extremely cautious and before flashing a new one or flashing root I always flash the stock image for a completely clean/stock slate and am not going to lock my bootloader as long as I own the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

ntruhan

Apr 9, 2015
Exactly. I've held down the power button ofter three minutes of the dots, to get it to reboot and, again, hangs on the bouncing dots...

I just ran into the same problem, I upgraded to the November NDE63X build, tried to root again with the boot-to-root.img and it just sat at the boot with the bouncing dots. Even if I powered off and back on.

I wound up booting into recovery mode and running a side-load via adb with the NDE63X OTA and when it rebooted it came back up. I did notice that the dots moved a little slower under the boot-to-root img and after re-flashing the OTA they sped up a little. I have an unlocked Pixel XL Model if that helps.

Perhaps the image is at a different base version and was trying to load incompatible libraries?

Thanks,
Nathan

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
I'm just curious here so please do not cast stones but why in the world would you even think relocking the bootloader would even be needed or attributing to yoir issue for that matter. The fact your bootloader was unlocked would/could not cause any firmware/root issues. You should've just flashed the firmware in fastboot and tried re-flashing root. Again, I'm not trying to be mean or saying what you screwed up and it's your fault but the bootloader being unlocked will not cause issues with the software on the device. Another thing to keep in mind is if you aren't completely stock ie; didn't flash a kernel or root, then you cannot relock yoir bootloader without bricking your device. This has been touched on in this thread more than several times and @jcase actually made a P.S.A. post urging people not to lock their bootloaders after flashing a kernel or having any nonstock partitions on the device. Unfortunately, there is no fix for the self inflicted brick now nor in the future according to the Root Ninja crew. Sorry, wish there was a way we could help. I personally have flashed all available custom kernels but am extremely cautious and before flashing a new one or flashing root I always flash the stock image for a completely clean/stock slate and am not going to lock my bootloader as long as I own the device.

You're right! It is my fault! I haven't read all the thread (not being sarcastic here)! I read that bricking the google phone was impossible or reversible if it happened... Relocking the phone cause when I was flashing the SU files, nothing was happening so I though going back to stock and then unlocking would "factory default the phone" like the first time I did it... Guess I'll have a back to stock phone after all but, not in the way I intended to...

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
I bought the phone from Telus in Canada... It's been 5 days so, they will exchange it no questions asked if there is no physical damage on the phone... It's physically perfect, not a scratch! So won't even need my insurance! I called them already! Will have my new phone in the morning at 10am! Lesson learned! No relock!

Run this from bootloader

Fastboot continue

It will probably force your phone to swap slots, and be good from there

tagme

May 26, 2010
Montreal, Qc
Run this from bootloader

Fastboot continue

It worked! Thanks for your help! No need to call the cops now!!

I know, I'm not perfect... Nobody is... Otherwise, we wouldn't need XDA... Just saying...

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Run this from bootloader

Fastboot continue

it is fraud..fastboot continue will allow you to bypass the red screen of soft brick..

Sent from my marlin using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

beat me to it..

Sent from my marlin using XDA Labs

Thanks!! :good::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: holla420

defens23

Jan 22, 2012
HELP!!! Just did the ota sideload. Powered down phone to root. Ran the command. Phone is stuck on Google screen. Won't do anything.

I'm good. Held the power button down and it finally rebooted. Phew.

Last edited:

thorpe24

Feb 17, 2010
I just flashed the new kernel update but I did get an OTA update even though I'm rooted and unlocked on vzw. I didn't try it that way but it did pop up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread was originally for Pixel-specific rooting instructions, but by now the SuperSU ZIP and TWRP are fully supported:

- Fastboot boot TWRP
    - Install latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.79-SR3 at the time of writing)

Note that at this time I recommend against fastboot flashing TWRP. With the Pixel's new partition layout, the recovery files are inside the boot partition, and so is SuperSU. If you flash both, SuperSU's internal boot image backup will not be of the original boot image, but of TWRP. This means that neither the 'full unroot' option in SuperSU, nor incremental OTA update through FlashFire, will work as expected.

OR

- Use CF-Auto-Root for Pixel (not released at the time of writing, but should be released soon)
    Chain fire was your tester able to verify if the system UI issue was fixed? Just curious I have yet to experience it my self and was just currently below 15%

Yes, the 15% issue is fixed. Release probably later today or tomorrow. Have some other bugs to fix as well.
    Fanboys just admit that the you can't install RC1 fresh and the op is misleads users to try that route. Dev gave instructions thant don't work. I think it was not tested, however, just flash twrp RC1 and SU5 and the dev assumed it world work. No problem, but many of us wasted hours trying to prove an assumption... Maybe we need SU6? Update: I forgot to say I was trying to root, too. So yes, I can install RC1 but can't root. Srry, dev and those I rubbed the wrong way. My bad.

The instructions worked at that release time (weeks ago), it's not my fault TWRP was updated a few days ago in an incompatible way. Nor is it Dees_Troy's fault - it's just how things turned out.

There will be an update to SuperSU to fix this. In the mean time, just use alpha2 instead of rc1.

Or, you could continue being a complete asshat, in which case, please get the hell out of my thread (and/or off my planet).