Question root t11 pro but not permission write system

Search This thread

extramac

Sep 24, 2022
Hi guys! I recently rooted via magisk on my t11 pro. but trying to write on the "system" folder gives me an error and I can only "read" it on the forum I tried to look for a solution but nothing to do. Could some good soul help me? Thanks again!
I have the global rom 13.0.15.0 (SKDEUXM)
ANDROID
12 SKQ1.211006.001

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi guys! I recently rooted via magisk on my t11 pro. but trying to write on the "system" folder gives me an error and I can only "read" it on the forum I tried to look for a solution but nothing to do. Could some good soul help me? Thanks again!
I have the global rom 13.0.15.0 (SKDEUXM)
ANDROID
12 SKQ1.211006.001
You can't mount logical partitions as read, write because of dynamic partitions.

extramac

Sep 24, 2022
there is therefore no way to write to the system folder? not even changing ROM type lineages os?

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
Lol did you see how that guy from that thread that you're referring to just shamelessly recycled my original descriptions and some binaries from my old SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW release without even mentioning the original author? Only added me after I caught him red handed. Manners nowadays...

@NOSS8 That's not 100% true. Some talented folks got my old script to work just fine in Android 12 simply by disabling the checkSDK() function inside the script...

It all depends on your hardware and software really. Of course newer Android versions will have new annoying read-only restrictions. That's normal. Having read/write access to your own device is a HUGE security vulnerability in itself :ROFLMAO:

I am still working on updating my old script if any talented developers want to contribute please send me a PM thanks! I am still happy with my old Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 / 11 and that's why my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script has also been frozen in time so to speak. I think once I get my hands on one of those next-gen Samsung or brand new Xiaomi devices it should be much easier to adapt my old script to the new read-only mechanisms. Are there any good next-gen devices that you would recommend in the 350 € range? Thanks! (y) I kind of feel like the Poco X4 Pro isn't really a worthy successor to the X3 Pro :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: ounila and NOSS8

extramac

Sep 24, 2022
That's not 100% true. Some talented folks got my old script to work just fine in Android 12 simply by disabling the checkSDK() function inside the script...

It all depends on your hardware and software really. Of course newer Android versions will have new annoying read-only restrictions. That's normal. Having read/write access to your own device is a HUGE security vulnerability in itself :ROFLMAO:

I am still working on updating my old script if any talented developers want to contribute please send me a PM thanks! I am still happy with my old Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 / 11 and that's why my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script has also been frozen in time so to speak. I think once I get my hands on one of those next-gen Samsung or brand new Xiaomi flagships it should be much easier to adapt my old script to the new read-only mechanisms. Are there any good devices that you would recommend? I'm too poor for flagship. It shouldn't cost more than 350 € Thanks! (y)
I'm sorry I'm unfortunately a newbie, otherwise I would have helped you. but maybe if you tell me what I can do I will help you, even just by sending you the logs of my phone. PS: but is your script compatible with magisk? Or only with TRWP?

Reactions: lebigmac

Vipxpert

Jun 13, 2017
Samsung Galaxy A50s
Lol did you see how that guy from that thread that you're referring to just shamelessly recycled my original descriptions and some binaries from my old SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW release without even mentioning the original author? Only added me after I caught him red handed. Manners nowadays...

@NOSS8 That's not 100% true. Some talented folks got my old script to work just fine in Android 12 simply by disabling the checkSDK() function inside the script...

I am still working on updating my old script if any talented developers want to contribute please send me a PM thanks! I am still happy with my old Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 / 11 and that's why my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script has also been frozen in time so to speak. I think once I get my hands on one of those next-gen Samsung or brand new Xiaomi devices it should be much easier to adapt my old script to the new read-only mechanisms. Are there any good next-gen devices that you would recommend in the 350 € range? Thanks! (y) I kind of feel like the Poco X4 Pro isn't really a worthy successor to the X3 Pro :confused:
LoL I visit your posts every week

Anyways at your request of a good cheap device. I recommend Realme Q5 pro which is the very cheap Chinese version of GT neo 3T (basically the same hardware). Buy it and use GT neo 3T rom and it'll just works the same. Just about 330$ or even cheaper. I'm having it right now and it's good in almost every aspect except camera and bad stock firmware. Just do a swap and set swappiness at 100 and it runs fine ;))

Last edited:
  • Haha

Joche88

Feb 21, 2022
Good morning, what rom do you have? Have you rooted it, but do you have custom recovery (TWRP or OrangeFox?
I have a Zip, which is flashed by recovery, which solves the reading problem, and converts the system to writing.
You will tell me

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Thanks for those suggestions above! (y)

The question is : which 'special feature' is preventing you from mounting your device as read/write? :unsure:

Bash:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw /

if you get read-only error, then immediately after the remount command run dmesg and look for an error related to that mount command you just did. It should give you further info about what exactly is preventing your device from mounting as rw ;)(y)

Also to check if your / (system) partition has the infamous shared_blocks read-only feature you can run this code:
for i in `seq 0 5`; do tune2fs -l /dev/block/dm-$i && echo; done
I know this wasn't the question, but in order to use the zip I have to fix the problem, you need custom recovery to flash it.

What zip you talking about? systemrw_1.32_flashable.zip? You can extract it and run the script manually inside Android (or in recovery) as long as you're rooted ;)(y)

Last edited:

ounila

Dec 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Lol did you see how that guy from that thread that you're referring to just shamelessly recycled my original descriptions and some binaries from my old SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW release without even mentioning the original author? Only ................................
Xiaomi devices it should be much easier to adapt my old script to the new read-only mechanisms. Are there any good next-gen devices that you would recommend in the 350 € range? Thanks! (y) I kind of feel like the Poco X4 Pro isn't really a worthy successor to the X3 Pro :confused:
I have successfully mount Super as R/W with your script v1.32.
ROM = 13.0.15.0 SKDEUXM.

• Wow

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
I have successfully mount Super as R/W with your script v1.32.
ROM = 13.0.15.0 SKDEUXM.
Are you kidding me? My old systemrw_1.32 script still works even in Android 12? I can't believe it! What device are you using? MIUI 13.0.15.0 you said? Thanks for the heads up I will try it :)(y)

{Mod edit: Inappropriate language removed. Regards Oswald Boelcke}

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Vipxpert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's not 100% true. Some talented folks got my old script to work just fine in Android 12 simply by disabling the checkSDK() function inside the script...

I am still working on updating my old script if any talented developers want to contribute please send me a PM thanks! I am still happy with my old Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC running Android 10 / 11 and that's why my SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script has also been frozen in time so to speak. I think once I get my hands on one of those next-gen Samsung or brand new Xiaomi flagships it should be much easier to adapt my old script to the new read-only mechanisms. Are there any good devices that you would recommend? I'm too poor for flagship. It shouldn't cost more than 350 € Thanks! (y)
    I'm sorry I'm unfortunately a newbie, otherwise I would have helped you. but maybe if you tell me what I can do I will help you, even just by sending you the logs of my phone. PS: but is your script compatible with magisk? Or only with TRWP?
    Are there any good next-gen devices that you would recommend in the 350 € range? Thanks! (y) I kind of feel like the Poco X4 Pro isn't really a worthy successor to the X3 Pro :confused:
    Xiaomi 10T , Xiaomi redmi k40, Xiaomi redmi-note 11 pro 5 G
    Poco F3.

LoL I visit your posts every week

Anyways at your request of a good cheap device. I recommend Realme Q5 pro which is the very cheap Chinese version of GT neo 3T (basically the same hardware). Buy it and use GT neo 3T rom and it'll just works the same. Just about 330$ or even cheaper. I'm having it right now and it's good in almost every aspect except camera and bad stock firmware. Just do a swap and set swappiness at 100 and it runs fine ;))