[ROOT] Tab 4 SM-T231 (GSM+WIFI)

Search This thread

pinksworld

Nov 26, 2010
Nanded
CONFIRMED WORKING ON MY TAB 4 SM-T231 (GSM+WIFI)

1. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home and connect to computer with usb cable.

2. now run odin 1.85 and select PDA and then select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar file

3 .hit start in odin and as soon as odin is finished the device turns off for reboot

4. press power+vol up+home to boot into twrp recovery

5. now pres reboot > system and then slide to install root

6. when device has rebooted open superuser installer app and follow instructions to update then install su binary updates then reboot.
7.Yes Now your Tab is Rooted..

Attachments

• openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar
    8.5 MB · Views: 87,376

SATCEO

Jan 28, 2015
HELP!!

1. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home and connect to computer with usb cable.

2. now run odin 1.85 and select PDA and then select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar file

3 .hit start in odin and as soon as odin is finished the device turns off for reboot

6. when device has rebooted open superuser installer app and follow instructions to update then install su binary updates then reboot.

Thanks for your input, but fails to work. binary is no installed and can not install binary supersu.
sorry for my bad English
does not allow me to install binaries
you can create a rom that includes the root and share please and thanks

Reactions: qtekghost

SATCEO

Jan 28, 2015
Translate to spanish / en español

god day
Allow me to help translate to spanish. THANKS FOR YOU CONTRIBUTION

1. PONER EL DISPOSITIVO EN MODO DOWNLOAD (POWER + VOLUME ABAJO + HOME) Y CONECTARLO AL PC
2. EJECUTAR ODIN 1.85 Y SELECCIONAR PDA Y CARGAR EL ARCHIVO openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar
3. PRESIONAR START EN EL ODIN, CUANDO FINALICE LA TABLET SE APAGAR O REINICIARA
4. ENTRA EN MODO RECOVERY (POWER + VOLUMEN ARRIBA + HOME)
5. PRESIONA EN REBOOT LUEGO EN SYSTEM Y POR ULTIMO DESLIZA EN INSTALL ROOT
6. CUANDO EL DISPOSITIVO SE REINICIE DESCARGA O ABRE SUPERSU PARA ACTUALIZAR O CARGAR LOS BINARIOS
7. LISTO TAB ROOTEADA :good::good::good:

sunrider07

Apr 22, 2012
Riyadh, KSA
FYI: For those who don't have odin 1.85, i confirm that higher version also work.....i tried 3.09 and works fine ;)
Edit: Anyone have a good mods except Xposed (have already), please share

Last edited:
Reactions: arelys olaya

vishnusharma81286

Feb 12, 2015

I tried this but when I pressed reboot>SYSTEM there is no option to slide to root, the system will reboot and no su installed.
When I installed it mannnaly it says no binery installed this the problem

Please help

amtojsingh88

Feb 24, 2012
Ludhiana
hey man.. thanks for sharing this. I have a problem though. Odin is not showing yellow color it is supposed to show in download mode. but when the tab is on it shows yellow buttons. Please hepl. Thanks :confused:

programervn

Aug 8, 2007
I cannot root, flowing steps above (with my T231 tab), but I had success with some change below:
1. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home (warning message appear, and then press vol up) and connect to computer with usb cable.

2. now run odin 1.85 and select PDA and then select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar file (I had uncheck AutoReboot, uncheck ResetTime)

3 .hit start in odin and as soon as odin is finished the device turns off for reboot (I had power off manual, because uncheck Auto reboot above)

Next steps the same with intruction above.

Thanks pinksworld & CyberLoveMD & ALL

Reactions: CyberLoveMD

mangjudge

Mar 20, 2015
Its Works!
if you cannot root, I use this way:

I cannot root, flowing steps above (with my T231 tab), but I had success with some change below:
1. put the device into download mode by holding power+vol down+home (warning message appear, and then press vol up) and connect to computer with usb cable.

2. now run odin 1.85 and select PDA and then select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar file (I had uncheck AutoReboot, uncheck ResetTime)

3 .hit start in odin and as soon as odin is finished the device turns off for reboot (I had power off manual, because uncheck Auto reboot above)

Next steps the same with intruction above.

Thanks pinksworld & CyberLoveMD & ALL

Note: After finished using odin, use power manual but dont just the power button. You must Press Power+Vol Up+Home..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Translate to spanish / en español

god day
    Allow me to help translate to spanish. THANKS FOR YOU CONTRIBUTION

1. PONER EL DISPOSITIVO EN MODO DOWNLOAD (POWER + VOLUME ABAJO + HOME) Y CONECTARLO AL PC
    2. EJECUTAR ODIN 1.85 Y SELECCIONAR PDA Y CARGAR EL ARCHIVO openrecovery-twrp-2.8.0.1-degas.tar
    3. PRESIONAR START EN EL ODIN, CUANDO FINALICE LA TABLET SE APAGAR O REINICIARA
    4. ENTRA EN MODO RECOVERY (POWER + VOLUMEN ARRIBA + HOME)
    5. PRESIONA EN REBOOT LUEGO EN SYSTEM Y POR ULTIMO DESLIZA EN INSTALL ROOT
    6. CUANDO EL DISPOSITIVO SE REINICIE DESCARGA O ABRE SUPERSU PARA ACTUALIZAR O CARGAR LOS BINARIOS
    7. LISTO TAB ROOTEADA :good::good::good:
    Thanks OP...
    This method works.
    The key thing is one needs to use Odin 1.85 & not Odin3.9
    So stop blaming him for helping out!

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Flash with Odin 1.85 http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....zip?key=9SlKEcUI9ftlA3SXQfu3Mw&ts=1422519603
    HELP!!

Thanks for your input, but fails to work. binary is no installed and can not install binary supersu.
    sorry for my bad English
    does not allow me to install binaries
    you can create a rom that includes the root and share please and thanks
    Need to untick Autoreboot & F.Reset time..or recovery will be restored to stock one.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone