• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Teclast X98 PLUS + Tweak (CustomRom will be added soon ...)

Search This thread

5e39g8c

Jul 6, 2017
Has anybody successfully rooted A6C9? Have you used links in this thread? I don't need custom ROM. Being able to apply tweaks would be nice but not a requirement. I need to root it. It's been almost a year now, I waited to see if somebody posts something regarding this model but seems like this is an old tablet now and everybody has moved on.

321Andy

Dec 11, 2018
Dead links

Both links are now dead and need fixing. I sure I found mine on techtablets but I don't see it there anymore.

Last edited:

321Andy

Dec 11, 2018
I have a question.

The original link description for v3 states...Root patch updated SuperSu update bug fixed and tweak optional A5C8 Model ONLY !!

Does this mean that this works with all X98 plus models but it's only the optional tweak part that is intended for use with the A5C8? I hope this is case as I would like to root my A6C7.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

AsgardCurse

Apr 8, 2010
Telde
I have a question.

The original link description for v3 states...Root patch updated SuperSu update bug fixed and tweak optional A5C8 Model ONLY !!

Does this mean that this works with all X98 plus models but it's only the optional tweak part that is intended for use with the A5C8? I hope this is case as I would like to root my A6C7.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

I think it works on the A5C8 model only. Wasn't the A6C7 the one with totally different hardware? A5C8 got intel CPU, if yours doesn't, it won't work. Sorry.

Reactions: 321Andy

321Andy

Dec 11, 2018
root

Thanks, for the reply.
I have checked and it is an intel atom so I could be in luck. Also found X98_PLUS_(A6C7)_android_5.1_mirek190_v3.0.7z custom rom so it must be possible to root this one in order to add this rom.

AsgardCurse

Apr 8, 2010
Telde
Thanks, for the reply.
I have checked and it is an intel atom so I could be in luck. Also found X98_PLUS_(A6C7)_android_5.1_mirek190_v3.0.7z custom rom so it must be possible to root this one in order to add this rom.

Ah, now I remember, it was the X98 II that had a MTK ARM chip... Sorry for being slow in my head ;) It was long since I fiddled with my X98 Plus (A5C8). Was it a different camera in the A6C7 or something, so the camera didn't work when using A5C8 ROMs perhaps?
On the Techtablets forum they have a great thread about the X98 Plus and other tablets
https://techtablets.com/forum/forums/teclast/x98-plus/
See there, you might find what you need.

321Andy

Dec 11, 2018
Thanks I will take a look. Camera loss wouldn't be an issue for me as its very poor anyway. I'm finding a number of apps keep crashing (unexpectedly stopped or ui stopped) on my old x98 now. I did a factory reset of the tablet but still they crash so I'm hoping a custom ROM might solve it. Nothing to lose situation :)

AsgardCurse

Apr 8, 2010
Telde
Thanks I will take a look. Camera loss wouldn't be an issue for me as its very poor anyway. I'm finding a number of apps keep crashing (unexpectedly stopped or ui stopped) on my old x98 now. I did a factory reset of the tablet but still they crash so I'm hoping a custom ROM might solve it. Nothing to lose situation :)

I just booted up mine. I seem to run the @mirek190 ROM on it currently, but if I remember correctly, @supercowz ROM was more stable. Backup your important things and try out the few ROMs that exists. Those I know if is the Mirek190, Supercowz and RemixOS2, but others might exist.

Sourabh jha

Mar 29, 2019
I have a Mafe_Air_V08_Indian device and it don't see on device list so I reply you so that you can send a twrp recovery link for my device. Please send me twrp file for my device which I can install in it easily by adb method.
Thanks.

zmustlivez

Nov 26, 2014
during these 3 last day i try every root possible but all fail
(all root method for any teclsat X98 model, all know prog like IRoot, kingo root, framaroot, kingroot, and even IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015 fail but work great on most intel tablet include some Teclast X98)

i never root a tablet from scratch, i did create patch to convert chinese Fw to all mutli lang (see my Zte V5 pro pacth)
i was the first to convert X98 air 3G W10 to dualboot
but im still a rookie :)
first i try to boot X98 Pro beta 2 Twrp but fail, because the bootloader is unlock but still in Verified mode
so the tablet refuse to boot Twrp so i fully unlock it with : fastboot oem unlock but it erase android
and when i reflashed android the file flash.json relock the bootloader to veriified state ! so i edited it to not relock it after flashing back android
and finally i was able to boot TWRP, but like on X98 pro, Twrp is bugged and i was not able to succesfully install superSU.zip to root the tablet (only backup and restore seem to work)

so i learn how to unpack and repack and tweak the dam boot.img under ubutnu so i set /default.prop and set "ro.secure=0".
then i was able to mount RW /system so adb remount command worked at last
then i fight to install superSU
and finally supersu work not a best but it work :)
EDIT : now all fixed and easy auto-installer

QUICK GUIDE :
Auto installer user friendly, if you dont have driver installed, install it when asked
just clic on ROOT.bat or ROOT.and.tweak.bat

Tweak (optinal) :
- fully rooted with superSU 2.45 fully working now (no more error fail try to update binary)
- improved touch screen
- cleaned chinese app
- set local in US
- set Lcd Dpi to 260 instead 320 (you can use DPI changer to easy revert back to 320)
- improved Battery life (even more in idle)
- Better internet browsing & download speed
- Smoother experience
- Google DNS
- More Ram
- Better signal reception
- Wireless Tweaks
- Smoother video streaming and tweak media
- Faster Boot-Animation FPS
- Game tweaks
thanks to adblocker :)

Root patch updated SuperSu update bug fixed and tweak optional A5C8 Model ONLY !!
Root and Tweak (optional) Root.X98Plus.V3.0.by.spzjulien (password : spz)
Root only Root.X98Plus.V2.0.by.spzjulien (password : spz)

old version (added superSu.apk and minor update ) :
Root.X98Plus.V1.1B.by.spzjulien.zip

older :
Root X98PLUS by spzjulien.zip version 1.0Beta
Can you repeat upload all programs please, for root teclaat x98plus?) Thank-you)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    during these 3 last day i try every root possible but all fail
    (all root method for any teclsat X98 model, all know prog like IRoot, kingo root, framaroot, kingroot, and even IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015 fail but work great on most intel tablet include some Teclast X98)

i never root a tablet from scratch, i did create patch to convert chinese Fw to all mutli lang (see my Zte V5 pro pacth)
    i was the first to convert X98 air 3G W10 to dualboot
    but im still a rookie :)
    first i try to boot X98 Pro beta 2 Twrp but fail, because the bootloader is unlock but still in Verified mode
    so the tablet refuse to boot Twrp so i fully unlock it with : fastboot oem unlock but it erase android
    and when i reflashed android the file flash.json relock the bootloader to veriified state ! so i edited it to not relock it after flashing back android
    and finally i was able to boot TWRP, but like on X98 pro, Twrp is bugged and i was not able to succesfully install superSU.zip to root the tablet (only backup and restore seem to work)

so i learn how to unpack and repack and tweak the dam boot.img under ubutnu so i set /default.prop and set "ro.secure=0".
    then i was able to mount RW /system so adb remount command worked at last
    then i fight to install superSU
    and finally supersu work not a best but it work :)
    EDIT : now all fixed and easy auto-installer

QUICK GUIDE :
    Auto installer user friendly, if you dont have driver installed, install it when asked
    just clic on ROOT.bat or ROOT.and.tweak.bat

Tweak (optinal) :
    - fully rooted with superSU 2.45 fully working now (no more error fail try to update binary)
    - improved touch screen
    - cleaned chinese app
    - set local in US
    - set Lcd Dpi to 260 instead 320 (you can use DPI changer to easy revert back to 320)
    - improved Battery life (even more in idle)
    - Smoother experience
    - Google DNS
    - More Ram
    - Wireless Tweaks
    - Game tweaks
    thanks to adblocker :)

Root patch updated SuperSu update bug fixed and tweak optional A5C8 Model ONLY !!

Root and Tweak (optional) Root.X98Plus.V3.0.by.spzjulien (password : spz)
    Root only Root.X98Plus.V2.0.by.spzjulien (password : spz)

old version (added superSu.apk and minor update ) :
    Root.X98Plus.V1.1B.by.spzjulien.zip

older :

Root X98PLUS by spzjulien.zip version 1.0Beta
    i want to let you know that im working on my custom rom V2 now and i fixed superSU update binary error , and added other tweak fix

new rom is released !
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65743543&postcount=100
    coocked rom based on 1.05, v1.0beta is working :
    - fully rooted with superSU 2.46 fully working now (no more error fail try to update binary)
    - cleaned chinese app
    - set language to english, time zone Euro/paris
    - installed nova
    - set Lcd Dpi to 260 instead 320 (maybe will remove it, since rooted ist easy with dpi changer to your choice)
    - Supreme Battery life (even more in idle)
    - Smoother experience
    - Google DNS
    - More Ram
    - Wireless Tweaks
    - Game tweaks

i can release pre-vesion soon i mean now if someone want beta test it but i whant to work more on it let say 1-2days we should have final version
    Hi,

Download the two files from the first page credits spzjulien
    If you're gonna use windows download this adb file wich contains disable-verity credits casacristo
    Download this TWRP file credits Dani Basabe
    Download SuperSU from here SuperSU credits Chainfire

Window users: in the rootonly V2.0 replace the adb.exe with the one you downloaded

First off all type in a terminal
    adb root
    adb disable-verity
    adb reboot

When rebooted type
    adb root
    adb remount

Now run the file root.bat for Windows users or
    open the root.bat file and copy/paste from adb wait-for-device to adb reboot

If you want some tweaks added open root and tweak V3.0 and find/open the file build.prop.tweak
    pick your tweaks from line 98 (# More RAM) till the last line, be carefull what you choose!!

reboot, ignore the binaries message!

reboot into DNX-mode (Vol+ Vol- Power together)
    type fastboot boot (path to your TWRP folder) loader.efi
    or the easy way

type fastboot flash recovery (path to your TWRP folder) /the TWRP img file
    reboot into recovery

Install viaTWRP the downloaded SuperSU (2.76) you downloaded credits tripper22
    Touch doesn't work, you have to use a mouse!!
    Reboot and enjoy your rooted device :)

Edit: almost forgot, you can backup with TWRP but when I did a restore my tablet just hung at the second Teclast screen!!
    You are warned!!