Root telnet access for MH2p (VW/Audi/Porsche)

Search This thread

Vfe

Sep 27, 2022
Hi all, new user here.

I have a VW with a MH2p infotainment ("vw discover premium") unit.
I'm looking for assistance in getting the root password to the unit via telnet.
I don't want to remove the unit from the car or desolder anything.

I have established a telnet connection with the unit.

Unit details...
Hardware: 760035067B
SW MU: 2838
Train: SW_Train_MH2p_ER_VWG36_P2838

Anyone out there able to offer assistance?

Mar 7, 2023
If anyone still needs a MH2P solution. I've got it full (conversion, green menu, androidauto, carplay, fullscreen carplay, lifetime maps, gracenote, radio station logos, generator...)

Reactions: Typhoon94

Vfe

Sep 27, 2022
Were you able to get the root password or able to get Android auto FEC coded ?
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, someone was able to help me get root access.
My unit already supports Android Auto, I just want it to use more of the screen (I have a 15" screen and AA uses like two thirds of it). No luck with that yet, but not had time to sit and mess with it for a while.

omghi2u

Dec 4, 2007
My unit already supports Android Auto, I just want it to use more of the screen (I have a 15" screen and AA uses like two thirds of it). No luck with that yet, but not had time to sit and mess with it for a while.
Would you mind sharing how you got root ? I have the D-Link Ethernet already and it's setup as needed I just am unsure of which up to set the card to and need the root password. I know there's a way to generate a token via a port but not sure how to decrypt that to gain root access to enable Android auto.

Mar 7, 2023
Yeah nothing for that has been posted on mib solution yet, care to pm / post link to download ?
Yeah i can help you out but there is a reason why its not public and free yet.

Theres 2 methods on the market as of now. D-link and SD card only. For D-Link a generator and a challenge key is needed to gain root access then you have to do the magic with fecmanager and exceptionlist. Pm sent.

Mar 7, 2023
Is your car a Touareg or Porsche by any chance? I have a Porsche fullscreen solution but need a Touareg to test same thing.

Vfe

Sep 27, 2022
Would you mind sharing how you got root ? I have the D-Link Ethernet already and it's setup as needed I just am unsure of which up to set the card to and need the root password. I know there's a way to generate a token via a port but not sure how to decrypt that to gain root access to enable Android auto.
What captain said above... It's beyond my capability so I paid someone to get root access for me.

Mar 7, 2023
It's a Touareg. Native maps go full screen (respecting the softkeys on the right and bottom) but aa/carplay don't use anything like the full canvas they could.
Yeah i have this for Porsche ready. I could test it on Touareg as well, just need to get the resolution right. You would require d-link.

Mar 7, 2023
Nice one. The MH2P version? Do the soft buttons at the bottom and right stay visible? Would definitely be interested in seeing a picture of it running AA full screen... pls PM me :)
Carplay is like this. AA would like to see how it is since i didnt have a android by hand. Ill pm

Attachments

• IMG-20230324-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230324-WA0006.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 137

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
@CaptainKoruzica, if you have something to share with the class, you're welcome to do so. Keep in mind that rule 11 of the terms that you agreed to in order to use the site expressly forbid you from using this as a commerce platform by which to sell stuff. Keep in mind that if you send scam messages to those users, they can also be reported and acted upon accordingly.

If you have some kind of meaningful solution or discussion to contribute, the best place to post that would be right here in this thread.

Mar 7, 2023
Touareg solution is still in the works. Trying to get Fullscreen AndroidAuto to work with member Vfe. But if anyone wants to check, you can access the root of mh2p units with this generator. A quick guide is attached.

Some locations/files to look at:
/mnt/app/eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin1/viewhandler.zip
/mnt/app/eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin1/info.txt
/mnt/app/eso/hmi/lsd/Resources/skin1/images.mcf
mnt/system/etc/eso/production/gal.json

Attachments

• mh2p generator.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 513
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: salvopz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @CaptainKoruzica, if you have something to share with the class, you're welcome to do so. Keep in mind that rule 11 of the terms that you agreed to in order to use the site expressly forbid you from using this as a commerce platform by which to sell stuff. Keep in mind that if you send scam messages to those users, they can also be reported and acted upon accordingly.

If you have some kind of meaningful solution or discussion to contribute, the best place to post that would be right here in this thread.
    If anyone still needs a MH2P solution. I've got it full (conversion, green menu, androidauto, carplay, fullscreen carplay, lifetime maps, gracenote, radio station logos, generator...)
    Yeah i have this for Porsche ready. I could test it on Touareg as well, just need to get the resolution right. You would require d-link.
    I have the D-Link and root access. I'll pm you when I'm back after the weekend...
    Finally managed to get Touareg fullscreen working as well :)
    Carplay is like this. AA would like to see how it is since i didnt have a android by hand. Ill pm
    Looks awesome, wondering if you can help as well CaptainKoruzica
    ...I have the D-Link DUB E-100 USB 2.0 adapter and an SD card but am completely lost and hard to find any info on what to do.

Any help would be appreciated and I sent you a PM as well