[ROOT] TF101 ICS from OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adamcullen

Sep 28, 2006
help rooting

Hi all, I just got a TF101 last week, which is a B70 model.

I upgraded to ICS yesterday and can't root it.

I also tried rooting before ICS, which also didn't work.

I've tried the Brk Root Toolkit 7.1, NachoRoot, [ROOT] TF101 ICS from OTA, and RazorClaw one click.

None have worked.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but with four attempts using different instructions, it just doesn't seem possible.

Anyone else managed to get rooted on B70 model? Anyone tried rooting after the new ICS?

A

I've tried the Brk Root Toolkit 7.1, NachoRoot, [ROOT] TF101 ICS from OTA, and RazorClaw one click.

None have worked.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but with four attempts using different instructions, it just doesn't seem possible.

Anyone else managed to get rooted on B70 model? Anyone tried rooting after the new ICS?

A

Please read this method to the full extent. It does work if you do it right.

its been tested 100%

ondoy1943

Jun 21, 2011

None have worked.

A

This windows application worked for me in rooting my tf101 updated to ics via fota:

h t t p : // xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22952796&postcount=1

[Edit]: Sorry to the op for this detour; just want to help.
[Edit]: No more detour, only info.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aggiehiker

Timark

Oct 13, 2008
Hi there,. For Linux, does your script run stand alone or does it need the Android SDK installed ? Also. does it just provide root and nothing else?

thebadfrog

Nov 28, 2010
Cool... well too bad it doesn't work for me. I just flashed a ROM and got over it.

I went from stock nvflash and OTA updated to ICS then ran your script verbatim on a linux laptop following the precise steps... so, maybe they moved the busybox location? dunno, dont care... good luck with your donations.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1427125

Its for the prime but it claims to root the tf101 as well. Try that if your having problems with this method

Pyrolyser

Jul 3, 2011
pyrolyser.wordpress.com
I can gladly confirm that the windows version works. I was a little confused by the instruction to "1. Open the ASUS backup utility and back up any small app" but turns out it refers to the "App Backup" found in the app drawer of the tablet and from there you just have to pick any app to backup and then do the same process with the same app the next step.

I can gladly confirm that the windows version works. I was a little confused by the instruction to "1. Open the ASUS backup utility and back up any small app" but turns out it refers to the "App Backup" found in the app drawer of the tablet and from there you just have to pick any app to backup and then do the same process with the same app the next step.

Correct.

Glad it works.

stesmi

Jan 12, 2012
Stockholm
Using the windows version, I had issues with adb just sitting waiting for the device. (was at work so didn't have access to my linux machines).

Then I replaced the adb binary with the one from the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (adb-toolkit.exe). Simply copy and rename. Then it all worked.

Don't ask me why it didn't work with the other one...

// Stefan

Using the windows version, I had issues with adb just sitting waiting for the device. (was at work so didn't have access to my linux machines).

Then I replaced the adb binary with the one from the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (adb-toolkit.exe). Simply copy and rename. Then it all worked.

Don't ask me why it didn't work with the other one...

// Stefan

Another happy customer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well adapted it to windows in case anyone needs it

Just extract the zip file, execute the run.bat and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hello,

This is a new root method.

This is a linux / OSX version only for now.

When you untar the file. Please make sure to edit the runme.sh it has a path for adb that you need to fix. Other then that it will work.

You just chmod 755 runme.sh and run it :)

[COLOR="Red"]Mod Edit: removed link[/COLOR]

EDIT: This has been confirmed working on the TF201 and TF101 so its a Universal root for all transformers

EDIT: Adding a step by step guide here.

A) Install an app from market any app. (I choose rootchecker)
    B) Open the app-draw and select the asus backup utility and backup rootchecker
    C) follow the scripts instructions
    D) When it asks you to do another backup. Go into the backup utility from the TF101/TF201 (from the app-draw) go to back and RE-BACKUP the SAME app (Rootchecker in my case)
    E) The system will reboot and you will have root. Do this all while the script is running. It will pause and ask you do the above items.

Thanks!
    This is how XDA is. Mods delete posts. After they have been called out.

ORIG POST BY ME: http://twitter.com/#!/rhcp011235/status/174192976510189568
    The most annoying part tbh. 5K+ views not ONE donation. Greedy people. /me will start to release to market for now on.
    You're welcome #1

And, You need to install recovery. I am only putting up the new root method. I planned to make a auto-recovery installer. but, no one has donated a cent. So, this is how it will stay.

8. Donations.

We appreciate all donations to xda-developers.com, it keeps our forum online and well maintained. As a user you're allowed to ask for donations in your signature as a thank you for your hard work. However donations up front are not allowed, this forum is about sharing, not about getting paid to do something, that's what your job is for.

You know when you beg for donations, people are less inclined to donate. This seems to be a common theme and it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.
    I tried another way to root but when i rebooted i have cwm 3101 and su which updated but not the binaries. When i try anything its telling me i don't have root access.

Now when i try to rerun it or this it hangs right at waiting for device in the beginning. Any thoughts?

Windows 7 x64 machine
    B50

Dont know much about windows sorry. I used my method here to root on ICS. Started from stock -> Ota X 3 or 4 then root.