- Jan 9, 2022
Can you please provide the updated link for magisk? Seems like the link you provided is broken.
Thanks, why didn't I think of that?
Please read further in the thread ...
I managed to get a pass from Odin by using not only the AP file but the other files included when extracting the firmware as well. However, when my tablet reboots it doesn't erase to factory settings. I factory reset it manually and didn't get the error which is apparently supposed to show up that says I'm running unofficial samsung software. I also redownloaded magisk to see if it would prompt me to complete the root, but it didn't. The flash worked but didn't show up on my device, so how do I fix this?@zriw It wasn't clear from the screenshots, but for the file patched by Magisk, did you rename this to boot.img? Once the file is named as boot.img, then you create the tar file as boot.img.7z. Now you should be to flash it again using Odin.
@imjizho It looks like you are not using a recent version of Magisk, as MagiskHide doesn't exist anymore. On the latest release, Zygisk needs to be enabled and then you can enforce and configure the DenyList.
For passing SafetyNet, the latest version of this module will do the job:
Google SafetyNet attestation workarounds for Magisk - GitHub - kdrag0n/safetynet-fix: Google SafetyNet attestation workarounds for Magiskgithub.com
lz4 boot.img.lz4 boot.img
Thanks to the people at github, yujincheng08 , updated one of the github commits and was finally able to root this device.
How to unlock:
Should be the same as any other samsung device. Follow my S6 Lite guide.
How to root:
1. Download the firmware for your your tablet, i dont know if i can link the sites but you can google it. (frija is recommended and is the fastest)
2. Extract only the AP portion of the firmware.
3. Open up the AP portion with 7-zip or winrar
4. extract the boot.img.lz4 out of the AP file
5. Download Lz4 https://github.com/lz4/lz4/releases to your pc corresponding version.
6. Extract the LZ4 to the same area where the boot.img.lz4 is
7. Open command prompt in that folder and then do8. Download this magisk version from github https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/suites/4781599968/artifacts/133467701Code:
lz4 boot.img.lz4 boot.img
9. Extract the app-release.apk
10.. Connect your tablet and put it in your downloads folder
11. Install it via th My Files or use a file explorer.
12. Move the boot.img into the tablet and use the magiks that you just installed and patch it using that .
13. Move the magisk_patched version back to your pc, rename it to boot.img and create a tar version of it (i used 7-zip)
14. Open up odin , put your device to download mode and then patch the AP using the boot.tar you just created.
15. It should reboot, wait a few seconds and it may reboot a couple times. Then it may ask you to factory reset and just reset.
16. Once you setup your tablet again, connect your pc and do all that usb setup agagin and then move that app-release.apk again.
17. Youre gonna have to install the app-release again but uninstall the magisk already installed on your device first then install it via the apk
18. It should say additional setup required so do that, reboot and you should have root!