How To Guide Root the Galaxy Tab S7 FE (Works with A12)

Search This thread

Typhoon_Master

Jun 5, 2014
Have you tried freezing the bloatware apps with Titanium Backup located in the Play Store?
Thanks, why didn't I think of that?

Can you please provide the updated link for magisk? Seems like the link you provided is broken.
Please read further in the thread ...
@ahrmakrm1235 The github artifacts link will only work if you are logged into Github (create a new account if need to, it is free).

ThoBlu

May 22, 2008
Hi,

I followed the instructions, but after flashing the Magisk Canary patched boot.img with Odin, I got a bootloop. So I flashed the original boot.img and the tablet worked again. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

cl0we

Dec 28, 2010
Canada
Hi guys, I got stuck in a boot loop and tried flashing the original firmware but still can't get past the bootloop. Any ideas on what I can do?

ThoBlu

May 22, 2008
Prepare Odin with the untouched boot.bin in a .tar file. Disconnect the device from your pc. In bootloop press an hold the powerbutton for about 10 seconds and the tablet will shut down. Then press an hold volume up an down and connect the tablet to the pc. The tablet starts in download mode and you can flash the untouched boot.bin. After this, your tablet will start again.

Reactions: cl0we

zriw

Jan 4, 2022
@zriw It wasn't clear from the screenshots, but for the file patched by Magisk, did you rename this to boot.img? Once the file is named as boot.img, then you create the tar file as boot.img.7z. Now you should be to flash it again using Odin.

@imjizho It looks like you are not using a recent version of Magisk, as MagiskHide doesn't exist anymore. On the latest release, Zygisk needs to be enabled and then you can enforce and configure the DenyList.

For passing SafetyNet, the latest version of this module will do the job:
I managed to get a pass from Odin by using not only the AP file but the other files included when extracting the firmware as well. However, when my tablet reboots it doesn't erase to factory settings. I factory reset it manually and didn't get the error which is apparently supposed to show up that says I'm running unofficial samsung software. I also redownloaded magisk to see if it would prompt me to complete the root, but it didn't. The flash worked but didn't show up on my device, so how do I fix this?

I have noticed my Magisk app has a notification of an app update, can i update it and still have root?

Screenshot with version info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-082658.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-082658.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 52

hjam88

Oct 30, 2018
I keep getting

<ID:0/009> RQT_CLOSE !!

And on the device it shows
Custom binary boot blocked by oem lock

I keep getting a bootloop saying my data partition is damaged, is there something I'm missing? Neutralized vbmeta? Something else maybe?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. That was all apart of the plan
Magisk up and running with root, thanks for the guide. next time I'll read each and every word :D

Last edited:

noahthedominator

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for the guide.
Using the instructions I have rooted my tab s7fe.

For those who were also confused like I was.
  1. Use this to download firmware. Wifi S7FE in the states should be model Number SM-T733 and XAR for code.
2. Using Magisk 24.1 worked fine. Upon installation from Odin I hate to reset tablet again.

3. Opening magisk again I was prompted that magisk needed an update and would automatically reboot.

Clicking OK quickly updated magisk, and rebooted my device. (I did not have to uninstall / reinstall. Magisk seemed to figure it out on its own.)

Reactions: Yevgen.A

mrindependent

Jul 22, 2010
Globe
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
I don't usually root my samsung devices but currently only have my pixel 6 pro and s21 Ultra which doesn't need to rooted and then I have this. I guess its just the nerd in me but it really bothers me that I dont have any devices rooted lol. I have a few questions for those who have rooted yours. first, if rooted do all of the Samsung features still work? Like the secure folder and all? Also, are there any real benefits in root ing this tab? Whey did you guys root and what magisk apps or root- only features do you use on this"special edition" tab ? I alway seem to buy the tablet that ends up getting the least amount of support or becomes obsolete or outdated the quickest. a traded in my tabs S5 e for this. So bummed there are no custom roms and I know that by now if there aren't any that s not a good sign... and that we don't have android 12 Yet...there is no reason for that. So far it seems like the extra letters (Fe) are just like the "a" they add to the pixels, etc. and its just like the cheaper version. Anyways thank you!

I have noticed a large increase in battery drain when the tablet is idle after rooting... I now have to turn off the tablet when I am done using it otherwise when I go to use it the following day it needs to be charged.

As of right now with no custom roms I'm not sure if rooting was even worth it because it hasn't changed the way I use the tablet. I am weary of doing any kind of modifications because we don't have a recovery and I have been out of the root game since the Samsung S4. So I'm not even sure what kind of things I could do with root access. I almost want to get rid of it and go back to stock so I can get updates from Samsung.

Is rooting android devices dieing or is it just Samsung devices?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still on A11 on my FE but have the A12 update ready to install. Does root work fine on A12 One UI 4.1 as well?
    Yep you can download the Normal stable github verison!
    Hey everyone,

UPDATE: WORKS WITH ANDROID 12!! You can now use the more stable verison!!

Thanks to the people at github, yujincheng08 , updated one of the github commits and was finally able to root this device.

How to unlock:
    Should be the same as any other samsung device. Follow my S6 Lite guide.

How to root:
    1. Download the firmware for your your tablet, i dont know if i can link the sites but you can google it. (frija is recommended and is the fastest)
    2. Extract only the AP portion of the firmware.
    3. Open up the AP portion with 7-zip or winrar
    4. extract the boot.img.lz4 out of the AP file
    5. Download Lz4 https://github.com/lz4/lz4/releases to your pc corresponding version.
    6. Extract the LZ4 to the same area where the boot.img.lz4 is
    7. Open command prompt in that folder and then do
    Code:
    lz4 boot.img.lz4 boot.img
    8. Download this magisk version from github
    9. Extract the app-release.apk
    10.. Connect your tablet and put it in your downloads folder
    11. Install it via th My Files or use a file explorer.
    12. Move the boot.img into the tablet and use the magiks that you just installed and patch it using that .
    13. Move the magisk_patched version back to your pc, rename it to boot.img and create a tar version of it (i used 7-zip)
    14. Open up odin , put your device to download mode and then patch the AP using the boot.tar you just created.
    15. It should reboot, wait a few seconds and it may reboot a couple times. Then it may ask you to factory reset and just reset.
    16. Once you setup your tablet again, connect your pc and do all that usb setup agagin and then move that app-release.apk again.
    17. Youre gonna have to install the app-release again but uninstall the magisk already installed on your device first then install it via the apk
    18. It should say additional setup required so do that, reboot and you should have root!
    Hey everyone,

Thanks to the people at github, yujincheng08 , updated one of the github commits and was finally able to root this device.

How to unlock:
    Should be the same as any other samsung device. Follow my S6 Lite guide.

How to root:
    1. Download the firmware for your your tablet, i dont know if i can link the sites but you can google it. (frija is recommended and is the fastest)
    2. Extract only the AP portion of the firmware.
    3. Open up the AP portion with 7-zip or winrar
    4. extract the boot.img.lz4 out of the AP file
    5. Download Lz4 https://github.com/lz4/lz4/releases to your pc corresponding version.
    6. Extract the LZ4 to the same area where the boot.img.lz4 is
    7. Open command prompt in that folder and then do
    Code:
    lz4 boot.img.lz4 boot.img
    8. Download this magisk version from github https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/suites/4781599968/artifacts/133467701
    9. Extract the app-release.apk
    10.. Connect your tablet and put it in your downloads folder
    11. Install it via th My Files or use a file explorer.
    12. Move the boot.img into the tablet and use the magiks that you just installed and patch it using that .
    13. Move the magisk_patched version back to your pc, rename it to boot.img and create a tar version of it (i used 7-zip)
    14. Open up odin , put your device to download mode and then patch the AP using the boot.tar you just created.
    15. It should reboot, wait a few seconds and it may reboot a couple times. Then it may ask you to factory reset and just reset.
    16. Once you setup your tablet again, connect your pc and do all that usb setup agagin and then move that app-release.apk again.
    17. Youre gonna have to install the app-release again but uninstall the magisk already installed on your device first then install it via the apk
    18. It should say additional setup required so do that, reboot and you should have root!
    https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/suites/4781599968/artifacts/133467701
    This site is don't work. Can you share this file?
    Thanks for the notice. Just rooted my device successfully using the latest Magisk build from the master branch. Works great!

@ahrmakrm1235 The github artifacts link will only work if you are logged into Github (create a new account if need to, it is free).
    Yes, the bootloader needs to be unlocked. Note that the device will be erased when unlocking the bootloader so backup any data that you need before doing so.
    @zriw It wasn't clear from the screenshots, but for the file patched by Magisk, did you rename this to boot.img? Once the file is named as boot.img, then you create the tar file as boot.img.7z. Now you should be to flash it again using Odin.

@imjizho It looks like you are not using a recent version of Magisk, as MagiskHide doesn't exist anymore. On the latest release, Zygisk needs to be enabled and then you can enforce and configure the DenyList.

For passing SafetyNet, the latest version of this module will do the job: