[ROOT][TOOL] Easy Root your 5.1.1 [H950, H950PR, H955]

Search This thread

knaries2000

Apr 13, 2009
This only changes the system image correct? So it shouldn't matter if my phone is encrypted or not? I do not need to decrypt (full wipe) first right?

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks Sj12345, successfully rooted my H950 on 11z.

On a side note, does anyone have the stock system.img for H950 11z? When I was rooting last night, I think I probably skipped the backup step where I'd save the stock system.img. It would be nice to have the stock.img on hand in case I want to unroot. TIA.

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Reactions: bballengphd

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Sj have you ever used this tool or the stock one to remove Xposed? I don't really want to use flashfire again because it processes files very slowly and using .img files only takes a few minutes.

Sent from my XT1528

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Sj have you ever used this tool or the stock one to remove Xposed? I don't really want to use flashfire again because it processes files very slowly and using .img files only takes a few minutes.

Sent from my XT1528

I really don't use xposed framework but if xposed is installed in the system partition so yes you can remove xposed restoring your system partition or try this
Code:
Open App Drawer
Open Xposed Framework
Select Framework
Select Uninstall
Select OK
Select Reboot

Reactions: Ace42

cranio84

May 13, 2012
Hi guys, is possible use this tool to flash xposed framework on G flex 2 h955 with v15a software, when is possible download xposed compatible with g flex 2? Thanks guys

Tapatalkato dal mio G FLEX 2

BZander

Jan 21, 2014
Rotterdam
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys, is possible use this tool to flash xposed framework on G flex 2 h955 with v15a software, when is possible download xposed compatible with g flex 2? Thanks guys

Tapatalkato dal mio G FLEX 2

For installing xposed on the G Flex 2 please look here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3181866

Xposed for flex 2 and g4 - anyone tried this yet?

Confirmed working for me although not all the options for gravitybox are working. But everything else seems fine.

Sent from my LG-H955 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: VincAlastor

Wiggz

Aug 1, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for this! I followed the instructions and on download mode the progress bar never moved from 0%, but when I removed the usb cable and rebooted manually SuperSU was installed so I'm guessing all worked.

Now to my question - when Root Checker tries to get root SuperSU prompts for permission, which is fine, however I cannot "tap" any buttons. Now I've seen this before with some apps...for instance, Antutu asks to download the 64bit installer but when I try to let it, I cannot tap "install" - only cancel will register.

Has this happened with anyone else?

emvau

Jun 7, 2010
First of all: Thank you so much for making this possible!

I 'll get a H955 V15a-EUR-XX soon and here are my questions:
What are the differences between European and International Version?
Is the link for H955 in #1 confirmed to work with European Version?

Thx!

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for this! I followed the instructions and on download mode the progress bar never moved from 0%, but when I removed the usb cable and rebooted manually SuperSU was installed so I'm guessing all worked.

Now to my question - when Root Checker tries to get root SuperSU prompts for permission, which is fine, however I cannot "tap" any buttons. Now I've seen this before with some apps...for instance, Antutu asks to download the 64bit installer but when I try to let it, I cannot tap "install" - only cancel will register.

Has this happened with anyone else?

I haven't experienced this, maybe you should try rooting again. It's safe to install the same root image on top of the current one as many times as you want.

Sent from my XT1528

snamer

Sep 1, 2011
Coimbra
Hey guys, maybe im dumb, or cant understand the steps.
~So, i download the rootedsystem.img, then i put on my phone and what program i use next? i need to put the easyroot on the phone too? sorry if i cant understand :S

acmys

Mar 21, 2011
Rooted, but there was no status/notification bar. RootChecker showed green.

Redid same root, still nothing.

Anyone know what's going on?

maxie.maverick

Apr 23, 2011
Hey send me a pm, if you are on 5.0.1 it is easy , if you are on 5.1.1 there is a new method that we can try

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

Hi

I was helping a friend root his Lg G Flex2 (on 5.0.1) using this method. We downloaded 5.1.1 V11z (version of rootedsystem.img) from the first post in this thread.
The phone is now in a boot loop with "Lg Security Error" message... No further messages... We still have the IMG file and the original IMG.gz file in the internal memory.

Is it possible to revive this phone at all? I've tried all the different methods that I could think of, please see below:
1. Tried to flash the "rootedsystem.img" file in the internal memory. No dice!
2. Used "gzip -d /data/media/0/rootedsystem.img" to re-extract the file in case something went wrong previously. Tried to use this file to root. No dice!
3. I observed that "Send_Command.exe" shell accepts some of the basic linux commands (only some though). And I wanted to check if there is anyway to copy files to the device's internal memory using any linux command.... I tried "scp" but that didn't work.

Any help regarding how to get the device to boot up correctly?

Thank you
Max

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easy Root your 5.1.1​
    We have root for the 5.1.1 H950, H950PR and H955 int :), this is the same method of the G4's users,
    so thanks to them we can enjoy root on ours phone.
    This is a easy way to get root on your phone​

Supported Devices
    1. H950 v11X, v11Z
    2. H950PR v15A
    3. H955 v15A

Instructions:
    1. Make sure you have the Correct drivers and USB Debbuging enabled
    2. Download the rooted system for your variant!!!!
    3. Copy the .img file to the root of your internal memory
    4. Run the tool
    5. Enjoy!!!

Screenshot:
    4c74907ab17f2cbecb0675fdcab6440c.jpg

Download Links:

Root Tool Attached 9/12/15
    H950 V11X: https://mega.nz/#!ZN8iBYRC!oCColhSPVYEeica6QYCwKptakUZatF0PLplY6-k6zxc
    H950 V11Z: https://mega.nz/#!RA0EHa4R!89t94TlFKwlk3lH52p-qqEQ6WQuiDa7rjMZUVNoCAkY
    H950PR V15A: https://mega.nz/#!NV91BIYC!pie5V-dE04jxwYVlYU5BLMYZATTpxI70whB3_7qYVMA
    H955 V15A: https://mega.nz/#!nI8HGLDD!oOf15ZVjVTWh3z8BGZU2dAAin2o41E4f1vEoxVemB9o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like my work, buy me a donut
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_SM.gif:NonHosted
    Is there a bootloader unlock yet?

Sent from my LG-H950 using XDA Free mobile app

No, but we are working on it......
    I just rooted my H955 V15c with this method with V15c rooted image. Can we do ota updates in future with root, or we need to return to stock?

No OTA with root, you'll need to go to stock for updates or you can use the LG program on a PC to repair and update, but I would imagine there won't be any more updates until Marshmallow comes out now. You don't have to disable ota updates as they won't install because of root but... It will use data downloading the update (not good if you have a limited WiFi or data plan) so might be worth turning it off.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

@mr.nice.ba clicking the thanks button when you've used someone's work is appreciated. ?✌ my H955 15C rooted system image that I'm guessing you used has had 4,000 views and less than 30 thanks??? ???
    Nice, thanks for this.

PS:
    Awww, this is only for ATT Variant, is there any way to make this work for H959 Variant?
    Yes, it can work... In the next release I will add more variants

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk
    I think i found my answer, but asking to be sure. My flex2 says h95011x under software version, so i would use the 11x image to root, right?
    And, as its a full rom, this will erase all apps and settings, right?

You should wait for 11z because it has stage fright patches in it...As for your other concern, this doesn't delete any user apps or their data.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

New OTA update came out for H955(v15c). Is this working with the new update? Thx.

No, Sj needs someone to send him a stock system image of 15c because he owns a H950, so he will not be able to retrieve it himself. Afterwards he'll be able to root that update.