• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Root Tool Oneplus Nord 2 Oxygen 11.3 DN2103_11_A.xx EEA

Search This thread

sakarya1980

Sep 29, 2004
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T

Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage or data loss to the device during this process!

Can you download from here

Unlock your bootloader see the Guide from @Eastw1ng

Extract zip
Run 1. ROOTinstaller.bat

Only for

Oneplus Nord 2 Oxygen 11.3

DN2103_11_A.07 EEA
DN2103_11_A.09 EEA
DN2103_11_A.10 EEA
DN2103_11_A.11 EEA

Last edited:

Dr-Noob

Dec 21, 2017
Looking at other of your posts, I guess that to root the phone we should run:

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta2.img
fastboot flash boot nord2_stock_boot_A07.img
(replacing nord2_stock_boot_A07.img by the exact version, if needed).

Is that right?

Dr-Noob

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks! It worked perfectly. I saw the .bat file, but I'm using Linux. For the record, the steps I followed were:

1. Unlock the bootloader (use "fastboot getvar all" to check if the bootloader is unlocked or not)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot reboot
The phone will reboot. Complete the initial setup (unlocking the bootloader makes the phone to do a factory reset...).

2. Check the exact OS version

3. Flash the provided .imgs (IMPORTANT: Make sure to replace the boot img by the one aimed for the specific OS you are using)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot
4. Install the magisk manager APK (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases).

Kenaestic

Nov 27, 2013
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Thanks for this! There were rumors the OnePlus Nord 2 could never be rooted because it has a mediatek processor and that got me pretty disappointed. So it's very nice to see people are finding ways to do it! I'll still wait until there are some stable custom recovery options in case I screw up.

sakarya1980

Sep 29, 2004
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for this! There were rumors the OnePlus Nord 2 could never be rooted because it has a mediatek processor and that got me pretty disappointed. So it's very nice to see people are finding ways to do it! I'll still wait until there are some stable custom recovery options in case I screw up.
yes there is always a certain risk, but do not worry, because as long as you have the EU (Version A07/09/10) variant, you can restore the 2 files via fastboot and go back to stock. soon TWRP and OrangeFox will appear, only the MSM tool is missing;)

Reactions: Kenaestic

moisthat

Jun 25, 2016
Worked like a charm!
On Mac so just grabbed the commands out of the .bat file.
Thanks mate!

With future version updates, will we need to root again?

Reactions: init1234

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
You can also use this process it's tedious but you get twrp with root access

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage or data loss to the device during this process!

Can you download from here

Unlock your bootloader see the Guide from @Eastw1ng

Extract zip
    Run 1. ROOTinstaller.bat

Only for

Oneplus Nord 2 Oxygen 11.3

DN2103_11_A.07 EEA
    DN2103_11_A.09 EEA
    DN2103_11_A.10 EEA
    DN2103_11_A.11 EEA
    Thanks! It worked perfectly. I saw the .bat file, but I'm using Linux. For the record, the steps I followed were:

1. Unlock the bootloader (use "fastboot getvar all" to check if the bootloader is unlocked or not)
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot reboot
    The phone will reboot. Complete the initial setup (unlocking the bootloader makes the phone to do a factory reset...).

2. Check the exact OS version

3. Flash the provided .imgs (IMPORTANT: Make sure to replace the boot img by the one aimed for the specific OS you are using)
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot
    4. Install the magisk manager APK (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases).
    Does the Magisk pass safetynet? And is this based on EU variant?
    This is EU variant abd Magisk passes saftynet if you flash Riru and Universal Safetynet Fix v2.1.0 modules.
    You can also use this process it's tedious but you get twrp with root access
    yes there is always a certain risk, but do not worry, because as long as you have the EU (Version A07/09/10) variant, you can restore the 2 files via fastboot and go back to stock. soon TWRP and OrangeFox will appear, only the MSM tool is missing;)