• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General *Root* Turn off shutter sound for pixel 6 pro japan ver.

Search This thread

iCassius

Oct 2, 2014
*** Please follow the laws and regulations of the corresponding country or region ***

thanks for @HarryShan
I'm not living in Japan and use other country SIM card always shutter sound.
Pixel 6 Pro has a Model ID GF5KQ for Japan
G8VOU for US
they are same hardware
changing Model ID can control Gcam shutter sound
Model ID storage in /dev/block/by-name/devinfo for pixel 6 and 6 pro
run a adb shell to changing or using terminal
1.shell into phone
2.change to root
3.copy devinfo to img
#dd if=/dev/block/by-name/devinfo of=/sdcard/devinfo.img
4.changing Model ID with hex editer
Dingtalk_20211126024215.jpg

5.save and flash back
# dd if=/sdcard/Mod_devinfo.img of=/dev/block/by-name/devinfo
6.reboot and enjoy it.
Dingtalk_20211126022854.jpg

In theory, it should be possible to use “fastboot flash devinfo xxx.img”
But it should be necessary to repackage the img file before .

Please tell me if there is a systemless method , thanks

Last edited:

miravision

Oct 5, 2021

This Is Why In Japan A Phone’s Camera Shutter Sound Cannot Be Muted​

japancamerasound.png

You know that annoying “passht” camera shutter sound your phone makes whenever you take a picture? Well, in Japan, you can’t mute it, not even if you switch to mute mode! Here’s why.

Back in early 2000, when Kyocera VP-210 was launched, Japan became the first country to sell camera equipped phones. These phones also had the ability to send photos via email (pretty astonishing for 2000, isn’t it?). When users started to get used to them and learned how to attach pictures to an email, a big problem started to emerge: as any citizen of a civilized society would do, people started using their camera to take up-skirt photos of women, especially in crowded places like trains!

By 2001, this was already a matter of online discussion and, because no legal provision has been taken by the government, wireless carriers took it upon themselves. In order to prevent secret filming and ensure privacy, carriers made it a requirement that all phones sold in Japan must be customized for the market so that all built-in cameras cannot be muted.

Phone producers and Japanese wireless carriers have cooperated ever since so that all phones make a distinct sound whenever you use the camera.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL

japancamerasound.png

You know that annoying “passht” camera shutter sound your phone makes whenever you take a picture? Well, in Japan, you can’t mute it, not even if you switch to mute mode! Here’s why.

Back in early 2000, when Kyocera VP-210 was launched, Japan became the first country to sell camera equipped phones. These phones also had the ability to send photos via email (pretty astonishing for 2000, isn’t it?). When users started to get used to them and learned how to attach pictures to an email, a big problem started to emerge: as any citizen of a civilized society would do, people started using their camera to take up-skirt photos of women, especially in crowded places like trains!

By 2001, this was already a matter of online discussion and, because no legal provision has been taken by the government, wireless carriers took it upon themselves. In order to prevent secret filming and ensure privacy, carriers made it a requirement that all phones sold in Japan must be customized for the market so that all built-in cameras cannot be muted.

Phone producers and Japanese wireless carriers have cooperated ever since so that all phones make a distinct sound whenever you use the camera.

while I'm not Japanese, I do find these articles somewhat annoying as they sort of paint a negative image of Japanese people in general. yeah, of course there are perverts in Japan that do this, but as many as there are Japanese perverts, there are that many if not more in other countries as well.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

TrustAugustus

Jan 23, 2013
Hirakata
Yeah. It's a first world problem. When I try to take a picture of my kids while they're asleep the shutter awakens them. There are several camera apps in the store (s) that don't make the shutter sound if you're interested.

I'm thankful for the sound tbh. People at times try to record my kids on the trains( Japanese with natural blonde hair) usually I just tell them to stop and they do.
My kids aren't a tourist attraction for your amusement...

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** Please follow the laws and regulations of the corresponding country or region ***

thanks for @HarryShan
    I'm not living in Japan and use other country SIM card always shutter sound.
    Pixel 6 Pro has a Model ID GF5KQ for Japan
    G8VOU for US
    they are same hardware
    changing Model ID can control Gcam shutter sound
    Model ID storage in /dev/block/by-name/devinfo for pixel 6 and 6 pro
    run a adb shell to changing or using terminal
    1.shell into phone
    2.change to root
    3.copy devinfo to img
    #dd if=/dev/block/by-name/devinfo of=/sdcard/devinfo.img
    4.changing Model ID with hex editer
    Dingtalk_20211126024215.jpg

5.save and flash back
    # dd if=/sdcard/Mod_devinfo.img of=/dev/block/by-name/devinfo
    6.reboot and enjoy it.
    Dingtalk_20211126022854.jpg

In theory, it should be possible to use “fastboot flash devinfo xxx.img”
    But it should be necessary to repackage the img file before .

Please tell me if there is a systemless method , thanks

japancamerasound.png

Do you know if this can be done to enable the mmWave on GLU0G European model?
    Idont think so ,These 2 versions should be different hardware scales

this partition will not flash with update package
    it only record your mac addr bt addr and etc
    so be careful
    @iCassius
    You can use my Magisk module.
    Basically you only need to "setprop audio.camerasound.force false" and overlay to disable force sound.

japancamerasound.png

while I'm not Japanese, I do find these articles somewhat annoying as they sort of paint a negative image of Japanese people in general. yeah, of course there are perverts in Japan that do this, but as many as there are Japanese perverts, there are that many if not more in other countries as well.