Root Tutorial for alps 8227L demo. Looking for feedback

Search This thread

nismo2013

Dec 2, 2020
this is my modified routine:

adb shell
su @#zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890,.
remount
adb shell setenforce 0
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb push su /system/bin/su
adb push su /vendor/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /vendor/bin/su
adb shell /system/bin/su --install
adb push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
adb shell reboot system
Awesome, thank you! So no need for the ip command? I take it they will just see each other on the same network and communicate?

nismo2013

Dec 2, 2020
Reading again, you said that BT devices work, like a dongle..but at the fastboot prompt, neither HID or BT drivers get loaded, its like a safe mode boot..only way to emulate that Key Up, Key Down is opening the HU and search for a test point on the board, usually its works as a Key Down
BT devices worked but not HID profiles like a bt gamepad or bt led light strip controller. These hu seem to have custom bluetooth stacks that excludes HID. At least mine does.

I may open it one day and have a look around. I'd really like to see if there's a wifi antenna I could solder a sma pigtail onto and add a little 3dbi aerial. The wifi signal on mine fluctuates pretty badly.

I saw a video of someone turning on their hu (softkey hu like mine, no physical buttons) and tapping the screen repeatedly with a rom in the otg on a thumbdrive and after a few seconds it went into some kind of recovery/rom flash mode. Any idea if tapping the screen on boot accesses anything else or what this was?

Last edited:

codecxbox

Jan 29, 2011
BT devices worked but not HID profiles like a bt gamepad or bt led light strip controller. These hu seem to have custom bluetooth stacks that excludes HID. At least mine does.

I may open it one day and have a look around. I'd really like to see if there's a wifi antenna I could solder a sma pigtail onto and add a little 3dbi aerial. The wifi signal on mine fluctuates pretty badly.

I saw a video of someone turning on their hu (softkey hu like mine, no physical buttons) and tapping the screen repeatedly with a rom in the otg on a thumbdrive and after a few seconds it went into some kind of recovery/rom flash mode. Any idea if tapping the screen on boot accesses anything else or what this was?

No, its just expects a usb update, and it has to match with the current firmware..

Sleepeeez21

Jan 29, 2021
Hi guys

Would this work with my HU? Tks for all your help!

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0211.jpg

zxc4mx2

Mar 10, 2021
I found that you can get around the bluetooth limitations by using a usb bluetooth dongle that is supported by the Linux kernel. I needed to pair to BlueDriver and that is the only way I could make it work. Some of the usb devices on Cramazon say they are compatible with Linux but aren't. I linked the one that worked for me.

Thanksfor the info :) I can connect anything then?

DannyLapaix

Mar 10, 2015
Greetings. I'm stuck on the connection part when using the "adb connect" command, I gathered the IP of the headunit through the Settings part as well as using the [Whats my IP] App from Google Play, Dev Options are on as well as USB Debugging, all I get is an error 10061 when attempting to run the command. Both devices are pinging since I run a Ping request from the Laptop to the HU and from HU to Laptop and they both are replying.
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 at 19.15.52 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 at 19.15.52 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-14 at 19.15.52.jpeg

Any advise? I also tried connection through USB but my laptop doesnt even identify a device was connected using both USB ports provided by the vendor.

fethi1980

Apr 16, 2021
France
i wanted to know if its the same way for root it is multimedia car radio
Snapchat-485717279.jpg
Snapchat-485717279.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-485717279~2.jpg
    Snapchat-485717279~2.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-656390377.jpg
    Snapchat-656390377.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-1430454840.jpg
    Snapchat-1430454840.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Snapchat-1901728375.jpg
    Snapchat-1901728375.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 8

fethi1980

Apr 16, 2021
France
Model i [email protected] R540 #1 Tue Jul 14 13:56:37 CST 2020

Build number

full 82271-demo-userdebug 10011019 1594705521 userdebug

Custom build version
alps mp 01 mp5

Version: BMWID6_OS_1.28

MCU: HTT_BO_Y8_00_200728B

Android version: 10.0

i would like changed the firmware where i could find something compatible

lukimoore

Apr 28, 2021
Greetings. I'm stuck on the connection part when using the "adb connect" command, I gathered the IP of the headunit through the Settings part as well as using the [Whats my IP] App from Google Play, Dev Options are on as well as USB Debugging, all I get is an error 10061 when attempting to run the command. Both devices are pinging since I run a Ping request from the Laptop to the HU and from HU to Laptop and they both are replying. View attachment 5279271View attachment 5279273View attachment 5279275

Any advise? I also tried connection through USB but my laptop doesnt even identify a device was connected using both USB ports provided by the vendor.
I've got same problem as you. Have you found the solution?

deivonex

Aug 3, 2013
Thanks for the additional info. I'm still a beginner when it comes to rooting and have never done adb. The reason I wanted to use the network method is the head unit is installed in my car and I only have a desktop pc. I could borrow a laptop but its not readily available. I'd also have to buy a M to M usb cable since the otg usb on the radio is full size.

One of the first things I did was enable developer options and unlock the oem bootloader. But thanks for the heads up! I also read to not undate the super su binary. Random question.. but can magisk manager be installed on top of supersu? On magiskroot.net in the install info it says it can hide supersu root.

Can you please do an edit to the lines I enter into command prompt so I'm sure I get it right? I entered the actual ip address of the head unit. Can you please correct the formatting if it's wrong?I thought I want port 5555 but in the tut above he's using /10555. My current commands are:

Code:
adb connect 192.168.0.3/5555
adb shell
remount
adb shell setenforce 0

*NEXT INSTALL SUPERSU ON HEAD UNIT AND GRANT SUPER USER ACCESS - DO NOT UPDATE BINARY - FOLLOWED BY*

adb shell reboot
guys excelent how to!!!
I was successful the first time with the commands until the installation of the SuperSu apk
I never got GRANT and I don't detect ROOT and don't update binaries either
reboot and after that I can't get admin privileges with "su @ # zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop1234567890 ,."
what can happen? any other pass?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is my modified routine:

adb shell
    remount
    adb shell setenforce 0
    adb push su /vendor/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /vendor/bin/su
    adb shell reboot system
    you skip the ip add line and the use of the terminal emulator..
    you should use these extra lines:

adb push su /vendor/bin
    chmod 0677 su /vendor/bin

btw, you have to enable OEM Bootloader unlock at the usb debugging menu..press 4 times the build number and usb debugging will be enabled..after that, connect your cable to your pc, turn off and on your head unit, you should be able to adb devices with a serial number...
    I recommend you to do each step copypasting at the adb prompt and pressing enter at each one..as soon you get adb superuser enabled, youre good to go...DONT UPDATE SUPERSU IF IT TELLSVYOU THAT THE BINARY NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!
    Thanks for the additional info. I'm still a beginner when it comes to rooting and have never done adb. The reason I wanted to use the network method is the head unit is installed in my car and I only have a desktop pc. I could borrow a laptop but its not readily available. I'd also have to buy a M to M usb cable since the otg usb on the radio is full size.

One of the first things I did was enable developer options and unlock the oem bootloader. But thanks for the heads up! I also read to not undate the super su binary. Random question.. but can magisk manager be installed on top of supersu? On magiskroot.net in the install info it says it can hide supersu root.

Can you please do an edit to the lines I enter into command prompt so I'm sure I get it right? I entered the actual ip address of the head unit. Can you please correct the formatting if it's wrong?I thought I want port 5555 but in the tut above he's using /10555. My current commands are:

Code:
    adb connect 192.168.0.3/5555
    adb shell
    remount
    adb shell setenforce 0

*NEXT INSTALL SUPERSU ON HEAD UNIT AND GRANT SUPER USER ACCESS - DO NOT UPDATE BINARY - FOLLOWED BY*

adb shell reboot
    Kingroot is sounding better by the minute haha. I may just try that and then use a task kill app to stop the ram sucking crap it tries loading into the backgound processes. If kingroot fails to gain access, I hope you don't mind but I'll be back with more questions on the adb wifi process. I already have a wifi router so I'm good there. The tut above does it over wifi and desktop with the files sitting in c:/adb like you said.

A few things I have discovered about this head unit which may apply to other chinese hu.. As I'm sure you know, the bluetooth stack is missing the HID profile and while I was able to pair a gamepad, I couldn't use it. The same went for bluetooth controlled led strips. The work around for a gamepad or keyboard/mouse on these HU is, get a device that is android compatible but uses a 2.4ghz dongle. I plugged it in, drivers loaded and it started working. Check out the Rii RK707 which is an all in one. $23 on gearbest. Gamepad took getting used to but I installed retroarch and the quake 3 arena port and both worked flawlessly with a gamepad. Dead Trigger also worked perfect. I just google searched for the files and then side loaded to the HU. I also put a 3 port usb splitter on the otg and everything works fine together; storage and gamepad.

I also figured out how to gain 8GB free space. If you go to settings, then storage/internal and scroll to other, I saw mine had 8GB of files. I tapped other and then browse and saw 3 folders called amap, amap8 and amapauto or something like that. These are included chinese gps map files. I deleted the folders and my device went up to having 9GB free space and it's been running fine. I was able to install a bunch of games to verify the free space is actually there. I have seen people trying to re-partition their devices and being happy to gain 2GB free. This is the way to do it. The HU also runs less laggy with the extra space.

For external storage like a usb thumbdrive, I think these units claim to supprt 32GB. I can veryify that up to 128GB works fine. I have a 128GB verbatim store n go and keep all of my mp3 and movie files there.

Hope you find some of this helpful.
    I found that you can get around the bluetooth limitations by using a usb bluetooth dongle that is supported by the Linux kernel. I needed to pair to BlueDriver and that is the only way I could make it work. Some of the usb devices on Cramazon say they are compatible with Linux but aren't. I linked the one that worked for me.
    What does this question have in relation to obtaining root.
    It's error