Root, twrp Elephone S7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vaskovass

Jan 12, 2017
How did you unlock the OEM with fastboot? When I type fastboot OEM unlock, it says to press VOLUME UP to continue and void the warranty, the problem is when I press VOLUME UP nothing happnes, only VOLUME Down for going back works

bluiis48

Oct 28, 2015
Kelowna
Try pushing power button when you see the error message to see if you can boot.
Perhaps reflashing stock ROM will get rid of it. If that works, rather than using ADB command go to developer options to unlock bootloader in developer options. Have not seen this problem in Elephone threads.

Last edited:

dnsgtr

Sep 14, 2012
Try pushing power button when you see the error message to see if you can boot.
Perhaps reflashing stock ROM will get rid of it. If that works, rather than using ADB command go to developer options to unlock bootloader in developer options. Have not seen this problem in Elephone threads.

Hi there, I can confirm I have the same issue. Even after reflash the stock rom I get the same message but then it can boot. If I load the twrp then stucks again and only stock rom reflash can help.

alexisdance

Nov 11, 2015
León
I can not boot after installing twrp on my S7. Stuck in elephone white logo.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I can not boot after installing twrp on my S7. Stuck in elephone white logo.

Fixed. I flash system only of the last stock rom and now I can boot. I think the problem was that twrp modified the system partition...

grakkus

Aug 20, 2013
I can not instal TRWP

I carried out the process as instructed and everything went ok. However, the original recovery started. As I wanted to install TWRP again the message appears:
ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID (0xC0030004)
Have you any solution?

Oajj

Sep 13, 2015
Reactions: yajdam

Oajj

Sep 13, 2015
Those are bad news. Did you tried it with a 6.x or a 7x stock rom?
With 7.x but I had had supersu earlier so it mihht have broke it.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

And didn't try for too long

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
With 7.x but I had had supersu earlier so it mihht have broke it.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

And didn't try for too long

I've read (somewhere in the thread I posted the link for) that you have to uninstall supersu first, but now I can't find it. Damn it!

Anyway, I'm going to try it myself as soon the 7x stock rom final version comes out ( it was scheduled for today, the 29th, but still nothing) and post here.

Joanesiri

Jun 30, 2017
It didn't work for me. I tried to flash my recovery but it seems like when I turn off the phone and I connect it my computer says that windows can't find what device is the one connected. So SP flashtool is like trying but I doesn't do nothing. I tried all of the drivers and install multiple times multiple types and is still not working (maybe too much drivers but still I tried and not working). My device is elephone s7 4g

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
It didn't work for me. I tried to flash my recovery but it seems like when I turn off the phone and I connect it my computer says that windows can't find what device is the one connected. So SP flashtool is like trying but I doesn't do nothing. I tried all of the drivers and install multiple times multiple types and is still not working (maybe too much drivers but still I tried and not working). My device is elephone s7 4g

In your case, I believe the problem lies in the drivers, which in a well known issue. Just try a different computer and if on windows 10, don't forget to disable driver signature before installing them.
Some people had success using windows 7 on a virtual machine. Others had some problems of phone recognition using this method.
In my case, I had to use another computer, also with windows 10, using the same drivers set.
Just to help you a bit, the flash process starts 2 to 3 seconds after your plugin the usb cable to the pc. If it doesn't, there's a driver/s problem. If there's a problem with the flash process in itself, you get an SPTools error message.

As for twrp, my S7 was using the beta version of 7.1.1. So I used twrp to backup the data folder/partition and transferred the file to my pc.
Then I had to downgrade (flashed) to 6.0 to get all the OTA up to 7.1.1.
After that I copied the su to my phone and back to SPTools to flash twrp (both versions that can be found on the first post of this thread).
Booted the system into recovery and immediately installed the su.
Booted the phone once again, checked su (it may update itself) and then copied the backup file back to my phone.
Back on recovery, restored my backup and rebooted.
I've been a happy Elephone S7 user since then. On a slow day, I end up the day with 70% battery. On a busy day, around 30% which is great for me. No imei, gps or camera problems.

You can find alot of info in here about drivers, firmware version, etc.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Gasofidas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.0.3 for Elephone S7 4g

Based on Android 6.0 firmware ver.Elephone_S7_4g_v1.9 / 2017年 01月 09日 星期一 18:38:41 CST

WARNING!! Strictly follow these installation instruction!

Install:
    1. Flash the recovery.img using SP FlashTool
    2. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "SuperSU 2.79"
    3. Reboot to the system
    Rooting Guide For Elephone S7
    install twrp Recovery and Root Elephone S7,
    Instructions-
    twrp Installation-
    The touch screen works with this TWRP??

Thanks

Enviado desde mi S7 mediante Tapatalk

Not Yet.. is necessary a kernel fix to have touch working.
    You can use a workaround, using an OTG mouse to operate with TWRP

3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing Volume UP + Power button.

i't not correct, please change in:
    3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing"Home Button + Power"buttons same time until Boot Menu Selection.

Based on Android 6.0 firmware ver.Elephone_S7_4g_v1.9 / 2017年 01月 09日 星期一 18:38:41 CST

WARNING!! Strictly follow these installation instruction!

Install:
    1. Flash the recovery.img using SP FlashTool
    2. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "SuperSU 2.79"
    3. Reboot to the system
    Thanks a lot my friend!
    you really rock! Master jemmini, you deserve a little dotation from all users in the forums that will use your TWRP, please add donation link!
    Can I use twrp to flash the latest firmware update?

And I guess flash SuperSU again after?

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

No, firmware package is only for flashtool.
    if you want to update it, you need to do via OTA (so automatic update from old rom of january to this new rom of february), but after removing root and flashing again stock recovery on your S7.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone