[ROOT] [TWRP] Gigaset ME/ME Pro

Search This thread

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Latest video: https://youtu.be/o6cpMa2Fo_c
Since 01.16 update Gigaset Me and Me pro use same ROM. So read carefully and take responsibility what you are doing on you device.
Gigaset Pure is not supported here.

GPL Source codes:
Me/MePro/ platform tools full : http://www.gigaset.com/de_de/cms/lp/open-source.html
Me/MePro platform tools uploaded in 1 file (gdrive): https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_81lkQEKce4bFlaRXk3dFFwQzA&export=download
Me/MePro kernel source (my repo on github): https://github.com/Eddie07/GIgaset_Me_MePro_3.10._kernel

Terms of Usage:
1. Everything posted on this post should be reposted with links to original post.
2. I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone.
3. If you are aware of bricking device by this or you don't understand some of processes described below - close this thread and leave it alone.
4. If you agree with p.1,2,3 go on to Step2.

GIGASET secret codes:
*#*#4636#*#* - phone info
*#*#2580#*#* -engineer mode (wif, bt tests, usb ports, adb root (pass:gigaset001), ota settings.
*#*#708#*#* - float system info (cpu speeds, m|b temp), shake test.
*#*#801#*#* - wifi test.
*#*#802#*#* - bt test.
*#*#803#*#* - bt test 2.
*#*#2588#*#* - factory hardware tests.
*#*#2581#*#* - Camera callibration??.

(Only ME/MEPRO)TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY, UNBRICKING:

-FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON ME/MEPRO HERE
-UNBRICK SOLUTION back to rom EU00_V1.1.20160616R ME/MEPRO (if you deleted system, recovery, boot) : BACKUPS--- UNBRICKING

(Only ME/MEPRO)CUSTOM ROMS:
LAST CM 12.1

(Only ME/MEPRO)PATCHES TO STOCK ROM TO BE INSTALLED VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY:

LAST MY "TUNED" TWRP BACKUP https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71180342&postcount=371
-PATCH#1 TWRP PATCH ME/MEPRO for CPU speeds uncap (1,9ghz), Thermal config fix, Fix of display size MePro HERE
-PATCH#2 Enable 4K video recording in stock camera app HERE
-PATCH#3 Enable Callrecording button in stock dialer app HERE
-PATCH#4 READ DESCRIPTION HERE
-PATCH#5 SystemUI patch HERE

ADB ROOT FOR STOCK ROM WITHOUT ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERY:
- Unlocking Me/Pro abd root via factory tool hidden in rom. (usage for Gigaset Me/Pro/Pure)
1) Type in dialer: *#*#2580#*#* to get in Engin. tool
2) Select "priviledge" tab.
3) Type "gigaset001" in pw field.
Get adb root :)
to check if is done enable USB debugging and try adb command from PC:
"abd shell" if command prompt ends with "#" then adb is rooted, if "$"-isn't!
4) Turn off adb root- type password again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-29-57.jpeg
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-29-57.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 10,828
  • Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-31-12.jpeg
    Screenshot_2016-10-10-21-31-12.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10,232
  • rootgiga.jpg
    rootgiga.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10,232
  • devinfo_unlocked.jpg
    devinfo_unlocked.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 9,288
Last edited:

imkrl

May 23, 2009
Having Gigaset ME with newest update:

"Engineering tool" could be open with *#*#2580#*#* , but pw is not accepted.

Do you have another Password ?

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Last edited:

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
I emailed Gigaset support and asked about the Marshmallow update and they said its not ready yet but would be at some point, I have read on German forums that no one replies when asked about updates.

Getting CM or PacROM for this would be great.

Having Gigaset ME with newest update:

"Engineering tool" could be open with *#*#2580#*#* , but pw is not accepted.

Do you have another Password ?

I have a Gigaset Me. When I type the password nothing happens on the phone, but a new window opens on my pc.

Moded boot.img for Me/Me pro with enabling of 1,9 ghz cpu speed.
tweaked thermal engine for Me/Me pro .
Seems like me/me pro have same firmware.

modified boot image (ver. EU00_v1.1..20160616R) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wy4Ok3qGszdXdPSjRvOGVfTlE
thermal engine modded (any version) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wy4Ok3qGszX2hRQ3ZhazBQQWM this paste to system/etc folder and overwrite.

I cant expand the images in your post.

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
I have a Gigaset Me. When I type the password nothing happens on the phone, but a new window opens on my pc.
Right. Its switches off/on root enabler for adb. Check adb shell command on pc if its ended by"$" is non rooted, by "#" you have adb root. (check video)
here is the part of build.prop regarding this eng menu:
# #ifdef GIGASET_EDIT
# /*cesc.xu@swdp.system, 2015/08/20. added. add root mode for release build */
#ifeq ($(TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT),user)
persist.sys.root.enable=none
# /* cesc.xu@swdp.system, 2015/10/29. added. add feature to reserve pictures when doing 'Factory data reset'.*/
sys.root.wipedataless=false
#endif
# #endif /*GIGASET_EDIT*/
So basically this password changes value of persist.sys.root.enable.
By reading of German forums I figured out that Gigaset Me support ended this summer.
If you succeed with adb rooting, I need you to dump for me boot and recovery partitions, to be sure if they are same for Me Pro.
how to dump in adb shell:dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery of=sdcard/recovery_original_me.img
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/boot of=sdcard/boot_original_me.img
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/devinfo of=sdcard/devinfo_default_me.img - to check if your device bootloader is unlocked.
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/system of=sdcard/system_me.img - to backup whole system partition.
system, boot, recovery is all can be changed, needs to return to original factory state as new phone in case of warranty case.

Last edited:
Reactions: telemako1

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
Right. Its switches off/on root enabler for adb. Check adb shell command on pc if its ended by"$" is non rooted, by "#" you have adb root. (check video)
here is the part of build.prop regarding this eng menu:

So basically this password changes value of persist.sys.root.enable.
By reading of German forums I figured out that Gigaset Me support ended this summer.
If you succeed with adb rooting, I need you to dump for me boot and recovery partitions, to be sure if they are same for Me Pro.
how to dump in adb shell:dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery of=sdcard/recovery_original_me.img
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/boot of=sdcard/boot_original_me.img
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/devinfo of=sdcard/devinfo_default_me.img - to check if your device bootloader is unlocked.
dd if=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/system of=sdcard/system_me.img - to backup whole system partition.
system, boot, recovery is all can be changed, needs to return to original factory state as new phone in case of warranty case.

Yes, I realise that, I do get a #, I was just pointing out to @imkrl that nothing appears to happen on the phone from looking at the screen, but something does actually happen

After removing from adb and installing SuperSU, SuperSU says its not rooted.

I ll do the dump and upload later.

On the German forums people say that no one from Gigaset replies to messages and that support has been dropped, but that is not official, it is just people's assumptions, when I contacted Gigaset I DID get a reply saying "it will happen automatically", not "we have dropped support", so maybe support has been dropped, maybe not, nothing has been officially said by Gigaset.

But dropped or not getting support for custom ROM like CM of PACrom would be good.

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
After removing from adb and installing SuperSU, SuperSU says its not rooted.
Right, root is only for adb. But advanced users could push some files in device via adb root# and get supersu working too.
But its quite risky, if you made a mistake, then device can no boot to android anymore (ex. bootloop). Then is bricked.
-You cant access partitions from fastboot - is completely factory locked. (even :"fastboot reboot" doesn't work. fastboot don't listen to any command)
-factory recovery not allows to use adb or view files.
Everything points to have custom recovery.
Another thing if you got su working by pushing files, some system files became modified by supersu and with next OTA update, by security check, OTA will fail to update (patch). So you need system partition backup to restore it on demand.
There is one way to hard unbrick to use "edl" mode (QUALCOMM 9008) (switched phone, hold vol-down, connect usb). I have idea how to but I didn't test, cos I don't want to take a risk to erase memory of my working phone.
To avoid all risks, have to flash custom recovery TWRP from android, within you will be able to restore everything and install supersu normal way. What ever you change from recovery: flashing zip's, installing backups or getting bootloops after, you will be able to load custom recovery again and fix from it. Before installing of custom recovery, backing up of recovery, boot and system partitions should be done, also have to check devinfo partition of your device to be insured that bootloader is unlocked, because if bootloader is locked it will ignore not signed recovery or any boot images.
Yes this is all backdoor and hard to do if you are rokkie in this, but 100% working methode. There is no any Kingaroot or other working roots for Gigaset, cos android security of Gigaset is very high, even with 5.1.1 version.
Why I need your files, typos1: recovery, boot and devinfo. To check them if they are same with Me pro, if not to make another custom recovery for me device.
Sure I will try to make rom ports, may be someone else will do it, cos root is found by me after on second day of device usage, while device was one year on market and lost interest of many. Btw custom recovery source was taken from OnePlus2, hardware +- is similar.

Last edited:

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
step 2 cannot find devinfo.img
when backup files takes forever
step 4 when installing recovery takes forever and adb not responding
what should i do

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016

device is Gigaset Me (GS55-6).....I bought it from China, so it doesn't come with google play store. I wanted to root it in order to use play store...any ideas if I can root it? i tried a lot of root software (kingroot, kingoroot, iroot etc..), no luck.

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
device is Gigaset Me (GS55-6).....I bought it from China, so it doesn't come with google play store. I wanted to root it in order to use play store...any ideas if I can root it? i tried a lot of root software (kingroot, kingoroot, iroot etc..), no luck.

Mine came from China (they ALL do, thats where theyre made !!) and mine does have the Playstore.

Reactions: mynameisthehulk

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com

No way to root yet with common ways. Only via adb shell or via recovery.
But Me and Me Pro have same platform, so take a look what you have at ls dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/. Use this command in adb shell and write me the list of partitions.
If you get error, Gigaset Me may have different storage name (not f9824900.sdhci as me Pro I own). so try ls dev/block/platform/ and find right name of storage, then ls dev/block/platform/STORAGENAME/by-name/ shows list of partitions.
Guys I need partitions of Me!

Last edited:

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
After I typed ls dev/block/platform, it shows this:

f9824900.sdhci
f98a4900.sdhci

what should I do now?

Thank you..

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I would guess your device is made for oversea's market...so that is why it has playstore pre installed...I bought mine in China (which made for Chinese market, by law no google)...it makes life so much more difficult, as I have to install 3rd party app store...cannot root the phone now so whenever I open play store it shuts down immediately.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

After I typed this ls dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name, it shows:

DDR
aboot
abootbak
apdp
bluetooth
boot
cache
config
devinfo
dpo
fsc
fsg
hyp
hypbak
keystore
limits
misc
modem
modemst1
modemst2
msadp
persist
pmic
pmicbak
recovery
rpm
rpmbak
sbl1
sbl1bak
sdi
sec
splash
ssd
system
tz
tzbak
userdata

that is all.

I went back tried step 2 again, it shows 01. But when I tried step 4 to do the recovery it says:
aset-me.img of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery <
0 records in
0 records out
24 bytes transferred in 2.347 secs <10504398 bytes/sec>

recovery seems still the old factory one.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Hahaha I tried step 4 again it worked!! Now I am in Team win recovery project v2.8.7.0

What should I do now to root the phone??

Thank you very very much you saved the day!!!

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
thank you thank you thank you...i have disabled the engineering mode. awesome man!

I installed gapps zip from recovery instead of rooting, play store works 100%. but it seems some other old system apps stopped working, all became that android robot icon like camera and sms etc, I download google cameras and google message etc as alternatives, they work fine.

just would like to ask, if i wipe the data and cache from recovery, will all the older system apps work again? and is it possible to install a custom rom? any ideas??

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
thank you thank you thank you...i have disabled the engineering mode. awesome man!

I installed gapps zip from recovery instead of rooting, play store works 100%. but it seems some other old system apps stopped working, all became that android robot icon like camera and sms etc, I download google cameras and google message etc as alternatives, they work fine.

just would like to ask, if i wipe the data and cache from recovery, will all the older system apps work again? and is it possible to install a custom rom? any ideas??

You have messed up. Suggest to restore system.img or if you done system backup in twrp and try root again.

xueyaotianxia

Aug 9, 2016
Have I messed up... :(

I did backup the systembackup.img

when I am in the recovery to flash it, it let me choose either boot or recovery, which one should I choose?

is it possible to find an EU gigaset me Rom? or to install other roms?

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Have I messed up... :(
I did backup the systembackup.img
when I am in the recovery to flash it, it let me choose either boot or recovery, which one should I choose?
is it possible to find an EU gigaset me Rom? or to install other roms?
You should do backwards procedure to restore system image. Better if you do it while in TWRP recovery.
1) Open TWRP recovery and connect to PC
2) In adb shell on pc: dd if=sdcard/systembackup.img dd of=dev/block/platform/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/system
Where systembackup.img name of backup image you done stored on internal memory. This will overwrite system partition to previous state.
For next time I suggest you to make backup in TWRP normal way. It will be faster.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest video: https://youtu.be/o6cpMa2Fo_c
    Since 01.16 update Gigaset Me and Me pro use same ROM. So read carefully and take responsibility what you are doing on you device.
    Gigaset Pure is not supported here.

GPL Source codes:
    Me/MePro/ platform tools full : http://www.gigaset.com/de_de/cms/lp/open-source.html
    Me/MePro platform tools uploaded in 1 file (gdrive): https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_81lkQEKce4bFlaRXk3dFFwQzA&export=download
    Me/MePro kernel source (my repo on github): https://github.com/Eddie07/GIgaset_Me_MePro_3.10._kernel

Terms of Usage:
    1. Everything posted on this post should be reposted with links to original post.
    2. I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone.
    3. If you are aware of bricking device by this or you don't understand some of processes described below - close this thread and leave it alone.
    4. If you agree with p.1,2,3 go on to Step2.

GIGASET secret codes:
    *#*#4636#*#* - phone info
    *#*#2580#*#* -engineer mode (wif, bt tests, usb ports, adb root (pass:gigaset001), ota settings.
    *#*#708#*#* - float system info (cpu speeds, m|b temp), shake test.
    *#*#801#*#* - wifi test.
    *#*#802#*#* - bt test.
    *#*#803#*#* - bt test 2.
    *#*#2588#*#* - factory hardware tests.
    *#*#2581#*#* - Camera callibration??.

(Only ME/MEPRO)TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY, UNBRICKING:

-FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY ON ME/MEPRO HERE
    -UNBRICK SOLUTION back to rom EU00_V1.1.20160616R ME/MEPRO (if you deleted system, recovery, boot) : BACKUPS--- UNBRICKING

(Only ME/MEPRO)CUSTOM ROMS:
    LAST CM 12.1

(Only ME/MEPRO)PATCHES TO STOCK ROM TO BE INSTALLED VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY:

LAST MY "TUNED" TWRP BACKUP https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71180342&postcount=371
    -PATCH#1 TWRP PATCH ME/MEPRO for CPU speeds uncap (1,9ghz), Thermal config fix, Fix of display size MePro HERE
    -PATCH#2 Enable 4K video recording in stock camera app HERE
    -PATCH#3 Enable Callrecording button in stock dialer app HERE
    -PATCH#4 READ DESCRIPTION HERE
    -PATCH#5 SystemUI patch HERE

ADB ROOT FOR STOCK ROM WITHOUT ROOT AND CUSTOM RECOVERY:
    - Unlocking Me/Pro abd root via factory tool hidden in rom. (usage for Gigaset Me/Pro/Pure)
    1) Type in dialer: *#*#2580#*#* to get in Engin. tool
    2) Select "priviledge" tab.
    3) Type "gigaset001" in pw field.
    Get adb root :)
    to check if is done enable USB debugging and try adb command from PC:
    "abd shell" if command prompt ends with "#" then adb is rooted, if "$"-isn't!
    4) Turn off adb root- type password again.
    Stock ROM winter patch!

Wearing gloves? No problem, your device support this function!
    This patch also combinates dialer soundrecord and camera 4k enable (patches2/3)

Make system and boot backups in recovery before flashing!!!

patch 4: ------------------------------

-updates TWRP recovery 3.0.2-2b -cpu's cooldown enabled/mod htc
    -fixes physical screen sizes (5/5,5 -Me/Mepro)/ Mod heineken
    -add glove mode (settings/display)/ mod Heineken
    -fixes apk installing and security errors in some locales/ Mod heineken/runner_cz
    -removes unneeded apks: Bugbox.apk, MobileService.apk
    -includes Camera 4K fix, enable Soundrecorder in dialer, unlock 1,8-1,9ghz CPU speed/ mod Heineken

enjoy ---------------------------------

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZWmNLckNJLXRzX3c
    Apply (install) via TWRP recovery.
    Easy way to flash Custom recovery TWRP on stock ROM.

You can flash custom recovery in QUALCOMM download mode (EDL):
    1) download this zip and unpack https://drive.google.com/open?id=158X5m8uH9k3cyUdc2bwbIHohOu-BGWeQ (emmcdl for Linux users)
    2) install driver included in zip. For win10 clock on exe of driver and set compatibility to "older version", and then run as administrator.
    3) Remove usb, switch off the phone, then press vol down and hold, plug usb. You should see new device in device manager in com ports."Qualcomm HS-..9008". Check number of comport (ex. com3).
    https%3A%2F%2Fs14.postimg.org%2F96znmli01%2F9008.jpg

4) in cmd type (example for COMport 3):
    You need now to flash recovery partition:

emmcdl -p COM3 -f prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn -b recovery twrp-recovery.img

After when download is done - keep two buttons pressed: vol+ and power until you feel vibration, then release power and keep vol+ until you are in recovery.
    Update to flash via TWRP:
    TWRP 3.0.2 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69822800&postcount=117
    TWRP patch #3 Callrecord enable

PATCH #3. To be installed via TWRP:

Enabling callrecord button in dialer

Install zip:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZSnJzX1FMbFY5VEE
    ME/MEPRO: DEODEXED Stock EU ROM

Here is stock deodexed EU ROM (EU00_V1.1.20160616R) who wants to use xposed.
    Is not rooted, has no modded boot or apps.
    To be installed via TWRP, better to make a wipe after install.
    Be sure to make a backup of system and boot before installation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1DGOBuVxY2ZTUlGdW5kaFZCSHc