[ROOT][TWRP] How to get root access on tablet Onda v919 Air CH DualOS

Search This thread

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Essential one to stock firmware: together rooted system get TWRP 2.8.7.0.
Explain in great detail:
First specify the version of the firmware: Settings - About tablet - see on line Build number, for example, ***.20160216.*** (or 20160307, 20160429). In accordance with the version download the attached files.
From the thread Chainfire download TWRP / FlashFire installable ZIP, any choice - Stable, Beta or Latest. Archive ***-SuperSU-***.zip put in any useful folder in tablet.
Tablet is completely off, certainly from Android, simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-" to boot your device in DNX Fastboot Mode (relevant notes on-screen will appear). Connect to computer that is already pre-installed the drivers (see attachment).
On the computer, launch the FLASH.bat from the extracted archive with TWRP. Wait until the script completes, devices disconnect.
In the tablet volume key to select "Recovery Mode" and power button to reboot the device in TWRP.
In TWRP to install the archive with superuser: Install - select the file - Swipe to Confirm Flash - Reboot system.
That's all, folks! © Disney
In addition TWRP installs insecure boot.img with screen density to 280 dpi.
Credits
Download
Intel drivers
twrp_0216
twrp_0307
twrp_0429
twrp_0531
twrp_remix_1.0.5(v5_7)
twrp_remix_1.0.5(v7)
twrp_0706
twrp_0729

Last edited:

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
My tablet is 20160324. Which version of twrp must I use?
Interesting question. I don't see this firmware version in the official and not official sources. The problem isn't TWRP - it's the same everywhere - but in unlocked boot.img. I'm unable to recommend anything, I have no boot.img 20160324.

perama

Sep 8, 2010
Please look at the screen shot from my tablet.
i bought it from GearBest.
Can I try all the versions you have uploaded to find out which one will work? Or I will damage my tablet this why?

Attachments

• 2016_06_18_21.01.27.jpg
    2016_06_18_21.01.27.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,086

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Please look at the screen shot from my tablet.
i bought it from GearBest.
Can I try all the versions you have uploaded to find out which one will work? Or I will damage my tablet this why?
Yes, do you have Onda CH - cht_cr_mrd_w. Take any set, but remove from it the boot.img, install TWRP and make a backup of the boot.img and here put, please.
I have a feeling that the Chinese are a hundred variations of iron made.

perama

Sep 8, 2010
Thank you very much for helping me!
You mean, first to delete the file "boot.img" from folder "rom", then to run "flash.bat" to install "TWRP recovery" only and finally to make a backup of my "boot.img" and upload it here?
Without unlocked "boot.img" I can't make my tablet rooted?

Reactions: mauzza70

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
You can try to flash SuperSU without unlocked boot - I havn't to get root access without changing it. But all of a sudden? I followed the path blazed by Teclast and Cube.
You mean, first to delete the file "boot.img" from folder "rom", then to run "flash.bat" to install "TWRP recovery" only and finally to make a backup of my "boot.img" and upload it here?
Yes.

perama

Sep 8, 2010
I installed TWRP and then booted to recovery. I backed up "boot.img" but then the tablet turned off by its own!
When I tried to turned it on again to Android, it keeps stay to 'Intel" logo for ever!
I don't know what to do! Please help me!
It boots to Windows without problem.

I manage to install the 0531 version using your instructions !
Everything works perfect including the sound!
Now I will try to root my device using your instruction above.
I will let you know... Thank you very much for your help!!!

Last edited:

perama

Sep 8, 2010
I manage to root my tablet.
Everything is working fine now!
Thank you very much ViAlexSt! You are a life saver! :)

Last edited:

pouskidis

Apr 8, 2016
Mine has a 20160323 version! I think we are being played with.... Those numbers are a lot of versions!
What should I do? Perhaps the same as perama? I want to do a nandroid backup first, naturally.

Any suggestions?

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Mine has a 20160323 version! I think we are being played with.... Those numbers are a lot of versions!
What should I do? Perhaps the same as perama? I want to do a nandroid backup first, naturally. Any suggestions?
I don't know whether to read this topic anyone else besides me, but I find it difficult to answer unequivocally. If you are not afraid - try to put the firmware 0531. And then TWRP.

pouskidis

Apr 8, 2016
I just wanna root the damn thing...
I already got i2c HID Device data failure once, just 2 days after I bought it.
Had to open the case and fix it, so yes, I am prete much afraid...

Is this 0531 version English f/w with no chinese? So, it just needs rooting?

Thanks ViAlexSt for all the help you provide us.

Last edited:

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Is this version English f/w with no chinese?
Here's what Chinese maybe? Here installation packages with the insecure boots and TWRP for the flashing of the SuperSU.
I already got i2c HID Device data failure once, just 2 days after I bought it.
Had to open the case and fix it, so yes, I am prete much afraid...
The installation package must match the version of existing firmware.

Last edited:

pouskidis

Apr 8, 2016
Here's what Chinese maybe? Here installation packages with the insecure boots and TWRP for the flashing of the SuperSU.

The installation package must match the version of existing firmware.

So, you suggest to wait for someone with my frimware to post it?

Also, did you say that v0531 is English with no Chinese programs? Sorry, I did not understand correctly...

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
So, you suggest to wait for someone with my frimware to post it?
I don't know what version of firmware you have installed. You can of course try to install the most recent version - 0531, but may lose sound if the modification of iron is not adequate. Look at the serial number on the back cover: if it in the form .....G4V7...... - you can safely install 0531.
Also, did you say that v0531 is English with no Chinese programs? Sorry, I did not understand correctly...
Firmware version 0531 international, with pre-installed gapps and no Chinese, but firmware is discussed in another topic :p Here, only the activation of root access.

pouskidis

Apr 8, 2016
I don't know what version of firmware you have installed. You can of course try to install the most recent version - 0531, but may lose sound if the modification of iron is not adequate. Look at the serial number on the back cover: if it in the form .....G4V7...... - you can safely install 0531.

Firmware version 0531 international, with pre-installed gapps and no Chinese, but firmware is discussed in another topic :p Here, only the activation of root access.
I do have a v7 model... So I can proceed I guess. Sorry for the off topic, I just thought I would do a nandroid backup/root first. But installing 0531 from the start somehow seems safer?
Thanks

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I do have a v7 model
G4 or G3 revision? If G4, then any available firmware will do. With G3 harder - there may be issues with wake tablet from sleep.
I just thought I would do a nandroid backup/root first. But installing 0531 from the start somehow seems safer?
Any firmware version will not make the tablet a brick. The only question is the presence of bugs: sound, sleep, overheating...
Look at the messages of реrama: he set TWRP with no boot, even made a backup, but without unlocking boot, the tablet doesn't start. He had to flash the version 0531, which, however, fit perfectly under his revision of "iron".

Reactions: pouskidis

pouskidis

Apr 8, 2016
I have G4v7 revison. I guess I am good to go. I don't want any overheating problems, like "Throttling Brightness due to Thermal event" problems I had with Onda V919 Air 3G 64GB Intel Z3735F.
I had themal problems and shutdowns and was forced to return the product...

EDIT: I managed to root it after installing the PERFECT 0531 EN firmware.
The tablet is PERFECT now!

Thanks ViAlexSt!

Last edited:

oz42

Apr 13, 2012
Lübeck
I always get "failed to get partition boot".

I think there is an error in fstab.

When I manage to run TWRP, it fails to mount /data.

Any ideas?

V919 Air CH, 64 GB Android 5.1

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I always get "failed to get partition boot".
I think there is an error in fstab.
When I manage to run TWRP, it fails to mount /data.
Any ideas?
V919 Air CH, 64 GB Android 5.1
Hmm, interesting... While no specific ideas. I (and not only) have everything working. What version of firmware? Script when you install TWRP fulfills completely, without any errors? It's possible that not removed the OEM lock. Try to put the checkboxs in "Developers section" in "Settings".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Essential one to stock firmware: together rooted system get TWRP 2.8.7.0.
    Explain in great detail:
    First specify the version of the firmware: Settings - About tablet - see on line Build number, for example, ***.20160216.*** (or 20160307, 20160429). In accordance with the version download the attached files.
    From the thread Chainfire download TWRP / FlashFire installable ZIP, any choice - Stable, Beta or Latest. Archive ***-SuperSU-***.zip put in any useful folder in tablet.
    Tablet is completely off, certainly from Android, simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-" to boot your device in DNX Fastboot Mode (relevant notes on-screen will appear). Connect to computer that is already pre-installed the drivers (see attachment).
    On the computer, launch the FLASH.bat from the extracted archive with TWRP. Wait until the script completes, devices disconnect.
    In the tablet volume key to select "Recovery Mode" and power button to reboot the device in TWRP.
    In TWRP to install the archive with superuser: Install - select the file - Swipe to Confirm Flash - Reboot system.
    That's all, folks! © Disney
    In addition TWRP installs insecure boot.img with screen density to 280 dpi.
    Credits
    Download
    Intel drivers
    twrp_0216
    twrp_0307
    twrp_0429
    twrp_0531
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v5_7)
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v7)
    twrp_0706
    twrp_0729
    Thank you very much for helping me!
    I do have a v7 model
    G4 or G3 revision? If G4, then any available firmware will do. With G3 harder - there may be issues with wake tablet from sleep.
    I just thought I would do a nandroid backup/root first. But installing 0531 from the start somehow seems safer?
    Any firmware version will not make the tablet a brick. The only question is the presence of bugs: sound, sleep, overheating...
    Look at the messages of реrama: he set TWRP with no boot, even made a backup, but without unlocking boot, the tablet doesn't start. He had to flash the version 0531, which, however, fit perfectly under his revision of "iron".
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone