[ROOT][TWRP] How to get root access on tablet Onda v919 Air CH DualOS

Search This thread

oz42

Apr 13, 2012
Lübeck
Matching to my firmware, I have tried twrp_0706 and later on others.
I cannot install recovery, but sometimes I can "fastboot boot" it. With its filemanager, I see that the new recovery.fstab and the old one are completely different.

And when I try to flash the kernel, I see a "bzImage corrupt" message.

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Matching to my firmware, I have tried twrp_0706 and later on others.
All of the versions you don't try, you only need to use your. All boot.img are different, though not radically.
I cannot install recovery, but sometimes I can "fastboot boot" it. With its filemanager, I see that the new recovery.fstab and the old one are completely different.
recovery.fstab absolutely no change in any version. You make a common error, please describe in detail your actions.
And when I try to flash the kernel, I see a "bzImage corrupt" message.
Without unlocked boot.img TWRP didn't work at all. What exactly are you trying to do? I have a strong suspicion that the script doesn't work completely. Try to run it as Administrator.

oz42

Apr 13, 2012
Lübeck
Well, if pride doesn't allow to do it my way - no one bothers you to do it. You don't even answer my questions.

Hey, it's not about pride. Firmware is 20160706. The fastboot screen says that the loader is unlocked.

About recovery.fstab and recovery.fstab.old: I thought that it was written by TWRP. I'll try to read both, but it is not easy. The tablet is in a bootloop mode since I tried to root it. I can "fastboot boot" TWRP. Sometimes TWRP runs a script that fails with "/data not found" or so. Sometimes it just works fine.

I'll try to install this ROM (20160531 version) and then root it your way.

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I'll try to install this ROM (20160531 version) and then root it your way.
I just reinstalled version 0706 and then easily installed TWRP and got root access (anyway it's time modding deodex update). In TWRP all partitions (including OTG) are mounted without error. Find the reason in your actions.
Installed international 0729 - problems with TWRP or getting root access didn't happen.

Last edited:

nico072048

Jul 20, 2016
Hello

I'm a french guy.
My onda v919 ch v7 frim 20160220 and i would like to install twrp to update the tablet with gapps and playstore what twrp i take

nico072048

Jul 20, 2016
I looked not all inclusive
I will resume first I need to update my bios
How to know that update of the bios worked well because i did and no worries

After installing super user and twrp

I recuperate the latest frimware and uses mirkel

That's right

Hello

I try to install the latest firmware on my onda v919 ch
I followed the different tuto but I can not do it

The android features are as follows
Frimware V1.0.0_V5
Build 20160220
Corrective 2015-11-01

I have normally done the updating of bios v919 AIR CH DUALOS _v117.zip
But how to be sure that it worked.

I root and install twrp0216

Use mirek 20160729 but it does not work ca just erases the data

I do not know what I did wrong

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
Sometimes TWRP runs a script that fails with "/data not found" or so.
Heh, I suddenly found that the failure to mount the partition /data occurs when you install TWRP on the tablet "out of the box", or if firmware has been installed in a standard way according to the Chinese instructions. If firmware has been installed by the script Mirek - TWRP works WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

I made version 3.0.2 - don't know whether it makes sense to replace the version 2.8.7? :confused:

diehard2013

Feb 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
My tablet is 20160324. Which version of twrp must I use?

Interesting question. I don't see this firmware version in the official and not official sources. The problem isn't TWRP - it's the same everywhere - but in unlocked boot.img. I'm unable to recommend anything, I have no boot.img 20160324.

dear vialexst;

I cannot determine if my onda v919 is included in your list.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **
my*specs:

Manufacturer: INTEL
Model: MID
Brand: INTEL
Board: baylake
Device: MID
Hardware: anzhen4_mrd8_w
Platform: baytrail
Product: MID
Serial: BaytrailE7837159
Installed RAM: 2 GB

Onda V919 Air Tablet PC 32GB ROM - GOLD
Windows 10 + Android 4.4 Intel Z3735F 64bit Quad Core 1.83GHz 9.7 inch QXGA IPS Retina Screen 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Cameras Bluetooth 4.0

thanks!!!

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I cannot determine if my onda v919 is included in your list.
Hardware: anzhen4_mrd8_w
Platform: baytrail
Onda V919 Air Tablet PC 32GB ROM - GOLD
Windows 10 + Android 4.4 Intel Z3735F 64bit Quad Core 1.83GHz 9.7 inch QXGA IPS Retina Screen 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Cameras Bluetooth 4.0
No. You have a completely different device. I guess v919 Air (without CH in the name). You can find some information on Russian forum.
I was just confused by the volume emmc - 32 gb - maybe some kind. The Chinese are great inventors.

Ivansu

Nov 5, 2014
Hi,
The tutorial seems enticing. Can it work on onda obook 10 se running remix OS 2.0? (Android only tablet)

Thanks

Ivansu

Nov 5, 2014
That's the closest I could get to editing the system using the PhoenixTool box tool. I get a header error when flashing the system. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Essential one to stock firmware: together rooted system get TWRP 2.8.7.0.
    Explain in great detail:
    First specify the version of the firmware: Settings - About tablet - see on line Build number, for example, ***.20160216.*** (or 20160307, 20160429). In accordance with the version download the attached files.
    From the thread Chainfire download TWRP / FlashFire installable ZIP, any choice - Stable, Beta or Latest. Archive ***-SuperSU-***.zip put in any useful folder in tablet.
    Tablet is completely off, certainly from Android, simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-" to boot your device in DNX Fastboot Mode (relevant notes on-screen will appear). Connect to computer that is already pre-installed the drivers (see attachment).
    On the computer, launch the FLASH.bat from the extracted archive with TWRP. Wait until the script completes, devices disconnect.
    In the tablet volume key to select "Recovery Mode" and power button to reboot the device in TWRP.
    In TWRP to install the archive with superuser: Install - select the file - Swipe to Confirm Flash - Reboot system.
    That's all, folks! © Disney
    In addition TWRP installs insecure boot.img with screen density to 280 dpi.
    Credits
    Download
    Intel drivers
    twrp_0216
    twrp_0307
    twrp_0429
    twrp_0531
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v5_7)
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v7)
    twrp_0706
    twrp_0729
    Thank you very much for helping me!
    You mean, first to delete the file "boot.img" from folder "rom", then to run "flash.bat" to install "TWRP recovery" only and finally to make a backup of my "boot.img" and upload it here?
    Without unlocked "boot.img" I can't make my tablet rooted?
    I do have a v7 model
    G4 or G3 revision? If G4, then any available firmware will do. With G3 harder - there may be issues with wake tablet from sleep.
    I just thought I would do a nandroid backup/root first. But installing 0531 from the start somehow seems safer?
    Any firmware version will not make the tablet a brick. The only question is the presence of bugs: sound, sleep, overheating...
    Look at the messages of реrama: he set TWRP with no boot, even made a backup, but without unlocking boot, the tablet doesn't start. He had to flash the version 0531, which, however, fit perfectly under his revision of "iron".