[ROOT][TWRP] How to get root access on tablet Onda v919 Air CH DualOS

Search This thread

Jakkeboi

Mar 2, 2018
Heh, I suddenly found that the failure to mount the partition /data occurs when you install TWRP on the tablet "out of the box", or if firmware has been installed in a standard way according to the Chinese instructions. If firmware has been installed by the script Mirek - TWRP works WITHOUT PROBLEMS.

I made version 3.0.2 - don't know whether it makes sense to replace the version 2.8.7? :confused:

To fix the "failure to mount /data" there is a way: Enter TWRP. Select Wipe, advanced, then select "/data" and there will be found a option to "repair or change the file system". From there you must set the filesystem to EXT4. After that your should be able to boot to Remis OS. This will do a factory reset.

nyn79

Dec 1, 2018
Onda V919 Air dualos 64 LoopBoot

Hello
I have a problem with Onda V919 Air dualos 64. I have a bootloop on the initial Onda inscription.
Unfortunately the tablet is a friend and I have no idea what firmware has and I can not even enable root permissions because it does not start.
Does anyone know how to help?
Thankyou. :eek:

nyn79

Dec 1, 2018
If the device enters in dnx-fastboot mode, I can only advise you to reinstall Android and Windows. Android install only by Intel Phone Flash Tool with "blank" option.

Thanks for the reply ViAlexSt!

but unfortunately I can only get into the BIOS with an attached keyboard.
If on startup I do power more volume down does nothing.
In Boot menu I have only UEFI boot and something with Windows but no one starts :silly:

My friend is interested in Windows... I was thinking of downloading the win10 on a microSD with Mediacreationtool and see if I can install it...

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
If on startup I do power more volume down does nothing
DNX Fastboot Mode -> simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-".
You and your friend need to think first about the return of the tablet to life, then about updating Windows. And priority installation for Android, Windows secondary. The fact that you can go into BIOS inspires some hope.

nyn79

Dec 1, 2018
DNX Fastboot Mode -> simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-".
You and your friend need to think first about the return of the tablet to life, then about updating Windows. And priority installation for Android, Windows secondary. The fact that you can go into BIOS inspires some hope.

I managed to restart Android. Just entering the Bios, at which point I turned it off, I plugged it into the current and playing a bit with the power and volume buttons + -it started Android. I don't know...

I would try to install the Google Apps but first I have to hear my friend cuz I'm afraid to do him a damage.

Do you know if there is any guide about that I could follow?
Thankyou man.

ViAlexSt

Nov 9, 2012
Kaluga-City
I would try to install the Google Apps but first I have to hear my friend cuz I'm afraid to do him a damage.
Do you know if there is any guide about that I could follow?
There's no need to reinvent the wheel. There are 2 ways:
1. Install firmware with Gapps -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-onda-v919-air-ch-dualos-android-t3375660
2. Install Open GApps -> https://opengapps.org/?api=5.1 (ARM64 - Android 5.1 - pico package will be enough)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Essential one to stock firmware: together rooted system get TWRP 2.8.7.0.
    Explain in great detail:
    First specify the version of the firmware: Settings - About tablet - see on line Build number, for example, ***.20160216.*** (or 20160307, 20160429). In accordance with the version download the attached files.
    From the thread Chainfire download TWRP / FlashFire installable ZIP, any choice - Stable, Beta or Latest. Archive ***-SuperSU-***.zip put in any useful folder in tablet.
    Tablet is completely off, certainly from Android, simultaneously pressing power button and both volume "+" and "-" to boot your device in DNX Fastboot Mode (relevant notes on-screen will appear). Connect to computer that is already pre-installed the drivers (see attachment).
    On the computer, launch the FLASH.bat from the extracted archive with TWRP. Wait until the script completes, devices disconnect.
    In the tablet volume key to select "Recovery Mode" and power button to reboot the device in TWRP.
    In TWRP to install the archive with superuser: Install - select the file - Swipe to Confirm Flash - Reboot system.
    That's all, folks! © Disney
    In addition TWRP installs insecure boot.img with screen density to 280 dpi.
    Credits
    Download
    Intel drivers
    twrp_0216
    twrp_0307
    twrp_0429
    twrp_0531
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v5_7)
    twrp_remix_1.0.5(v7)
    twrp_0706
    twrp_0729
    Thank you very much for helping me!
    You mean, first to delete the file "boot.img" from folder "rom", then to run "flash.bat" to install "TWRP recovery" only and finally to make a backup of my "boot.img" and upload it here?
    Without unlocked "boot.img" I can't make my tablet rooted?
    I do have a v7 model
    G4 or G3 revision? If G4, then any available firmware will do. With G3 harder - there may be issues with wake tablet from sleep.
    I just thought I would do a nandroid backup/root first. But installing 0531 from the start somehow seems safer?
    Any firmware version will not make the tablet a brick. The only question is the presence of bugs: sound, sleep, overheating...
    Look at the messages of реrama: he set TWRP with no boot, even made a backup, but without unlocking boot, the tablet doesn't start. He had to flash the version 0531, which, however, fit perfectly under his revision of "iron".
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone