Development [ROOT] [TWRP] [KERNEL] [GSI] for SM-A127f (a12s)

Search This thread

gueladio67

Feb 17, 2022
I'll try the honzazkrumlova method. But I can't use the Afaneh92's TWRP anyway.
Hi. I explain you how to use afaneh92 TWRP. install at first Orange fox rog, reboot to system. After put the afaneh92 twrp in your phone. Unroot it if you have root then reboot to orange fox recovery and install afaneh92 recovery. Go to the reboot tab an reboot to fastboot mode. Now go to the PC, put the afaneh92 recovery in the Minimal adb & fastboot folder and type cmd in task bar. Type : fastboot flash recovery recovery. img
Reboot to recovery and flash multidisabler.
After, backup only boot img. Then flash magisk 22.0 zip and reboot to system. Don't wipe anything.
You have install permanently afaneh92 recovery. It work find. I use this process, with afaneh twrp I install gsi ROM on sm-a12s, magisk. It work finely. Thanks.

Reactions: Ajaybabu07

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Hi. I explain you how to use afaneh92 TWRP. install at first Orange fox rog, reboot to system. After put the afaneh92 twrp in your phone. Unroot it if you have root then reboot to orange fox recovery and install afaneh92 recovery. Go to the reboot tab an reboot to fastboot mode. Now go to the PC, put the afaneh92 recovery in the Minimal adb & fastboot folder and type cmd in task bar. Type : fastboot flash recovery recovery. img
After, backup only boot img. Then flash magisk 22.0 zip and reboot to system. Don't wipe anything.
You have install permanently afaneh92 recovery. It work find. I use this process, with afaneh twrp I install gsi ROM on sm-a12s, magisk. It work finely. Thanks.
Excellent

hezenscs

Feb 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A12
which TWRP that you mean ?

hezenscs

Feb 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A12
finally figured how to install gsi
1 Flash ofox recovery
2 format and multidisabler
3 Unroot, and reboot to download
4 flash twrp
5 reboot to recovery
6 flash patched boot.img, gsi, and kernel
7 reboot to download mode
8 flash stock recovery
9 boot to recovery, and do factory reset

if you trying to flash another gsi, just do from step 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can now totally confirm that the afaneh92's TWRP image, as well as edward0181's, does not work on the Vietnam-made SM-A127F/DSN: I've rooted it, installed TWRP app, flashed the recovery.img from the app and rebooted into recovery using adb. I'm still getting just endless reboots. So this time the experiment was clean and the "wrong key pressed at wrong time" factor was completely excluded. I'm just curious why any stock firmware and the stock recovery tools works just fine? I've already tried many different country-specific versions from that list and they all flash and work perfectly.

P.S.: By the way, I've built the latest Magisk from the git master and it works great, so no patched version needed.
    Thanks physwizz! With these new recoveries I finally got TWRP booting! I've formatted data okay, have the sdcard accessible after that and a reboot, but now the next problem: a lot of "Unable to find partition for path '/system_root'" messages. And indeed, there is no "system_root" partition entry in fstab. Also the "Mount system partition read-only" checkbox in the Mount section is unresponsive and remains always checked. Any ideas?
    Agh, finally, I found combination, that works for me.
    I have spent days and physwizz hours PMing with me to double, triple check, if I missed some point. It still remain mysterious, why steps leads to different results, as a novice, I can just speculate, if there is some tiny important difference between A127F/DS and A127F/DSN. Or, well.... what about starting "Stock ROM" we are different.

But there have been some clues.
    Afaneh92's TWRP, it can boot for me, but there has been two things that stink for me. Select Storage - shown Internal storage 0MB capacity and unmountable Data partition, that even if it reports 0MB size, cannot as an empty be backuped, for example. Reboots after proper steps (Format data) leads to slow bootlooping (10mins, I guess Android factory reset trying to finish with some bug in the end).

Newest TWRP - that one reported lasttime, Srilanka user, it can in some point (physwizz remount command) starts to report Storage size, even Data partition, but installing multidisabler didnt worked for me, leads to Cannot install zip file error. So, not surprise, after data format and reboot, it lead to nothing, well I can just speculate it that un-disabled encryption. Physwizz advice to remount solves part of red colors anout system root.

I combine those TWRP, using both for part of the job.
    1. Rebooted to Afaneh92 TWRP,
    2. run remount command
    3. run multidisable twice
    4. Reboot directly to download mode
    5. flash SriLankas TWPR, and boot it
    6. Remount command, Format data
    7. Reboot

voila, system starts, initiate standard default process. Srilankas TWRP can backup all partition I want (including /data). All done.

I have no idea, if this procedure will help others and will work in other conditions, thats the task for you guys, much much advanced than me. I have just some unclear imagination, whats those steps are about, but there has to be something unfinished with afanehs twrp, that prevent it to work OK in some conditions (hardware, original but regional stock rom)

Let others know, if it worked for ya.
    HzK
    Root Method

Twrp and Kernel

Latest twrp

Root Method in post#2
    afaneh92 TWRP in post #2
    GSIs in post#3
    Kernel Version 2 & 3 in post #5
    Kernel version 4 in post #11
    Install kernel without TWRP in post#21
    TWRP (new) in post#6
    Skyhawk recovery (new) in post #22
    Orange Fox (new) post #24

Note
    All of these procedures have been tested on the a127f with u2 baseband
    They will probably all work on the m127f as well.

@physwizz

Recoveries for U2 baseband - Working

Recoveries for U3 baseband - Still being tested

Latest

All recoveries contain physwizz Kernel
    Installing a GSI

1. Unzip img file
    2. Backup boot, data and super from TWRP.
    Wipe data from twrp
    3. Install IMG.
    4. Install my kernel
    5. Reboot

I have installed lineages and pixel experience

List of GSIs

@physwizz
    Thanks! I finally got the TWRP on my SM-A127F, though I cannot perform the last step: I get errors "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)" and "Failed to mount '/keyrefuge' (Invalid argument)". Any ideas?

UPD: not sure if it's OK, but I changed /data filesystem to ext4 and it worked well.
    Can you post, how exactly you did it (changed to ext4)
    Based on your mention, I tried TWRP, WIPE, Advanced wipe, Change or repair filesystem, Change, to EXT4. No luck.