Root + TWRP Marshmallow D855 (30b)

Search This thread

Eladov

Apr 28, 2018
Hi,
Important question -
Can I root LG G3 with Android 6.0 ?
Because the kingroot can not detect my phone !!!
It's urgent to me to root it to try to solve the magor problem I have.

Waiting your answer,
Elad.

Reactions: tute123456

Notimpotant1

May 5, 2018
I have an LG G3 D-855, 16 gb version, on Android 6.0 V30n-EUR-XX and this guide is extremely confusing. How do I go about rooting my device so I can install for example linageos 15.1?
It seems I need to downgrade but I have no idea what some of the terminologies here even mean. I know how to root phones, I did it before on HTC, but this guide is very confusing and poorly written.

Quiroz

Jul 10, 2015
Newbie here..

Works 100% in baseband B/C/F/A/D 16/32

for those who installed the 30b.kdz GLOBAL and EUR (thanks @la pouniere ) tested by Flashtools 2014
Work fine in 30F thanks @GUZGUN
Work in 30C thanks @massaro38
Works in 30A thanks @Rusl1TA
Works in 30D thanks @bendev.xda
Works in 30E thanks @linoman8

Explain Clear Install #749 Thx to @Simone98RC
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67602605&postcount=749

ONLY D855 16/32

Download this pack https://mega.nz/#F!3woXDCSK!D70sB0o-PpyKBAAH2_ujYQ
Mirror - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-nMKEOECLLxZm5feVlKWjR2N0E

Thanks a @Daniel2553 for the tutorial

Install in Order

1) Install Kingroot.apk - Rooted...
2) Install de Autorec MM.apk - Automatic reboot into recovery
3) Enter TWRP (recovery) and Flash Hacer Permisivo.zip - reboot system
4) Install SuperSU since Playstore SuperSU - No opened
5) Reboot into TWRP - (Keys PowerOff / Volumen -)
6) Install Beta-SuperSu 2.52.zip - Reboot
Finish!!!! Root PERMANENTLY and TWRP :)

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acb7d2SNdQk

Video thanks to @SmuTech
https://youtu.be/RqCXPxVZIsk

Sorry for my bad english

FYM <3

Is it ok if i do this on my lg g3 cat6 korean variant? I already update my phone in MM..

Trakost

Feb 19, 2013

Hi guys,
I see many users that are confusing when rooting their device, especially when installing SuperSU. @odjinan asked me for a clearer tutorial, so I'll provide it.
PLEASE NOTE that my post won't absolutely subtract credits to @tute123456 , the starter of this thread.

The following guide will certainly work on LG G3 D855 (International variant).
BE CAREFUL if you're owning different/branded G3 variants, good result is not guaranteed and you may get in bootloop, hard brick in worst cases.
To prevent compatibility issues with latest stock-based roms (like Fulmics) is highly recommended to flash latest firmware (at least based on Marshmallow).

Ps despite my warnings, I'll purpose generic links for mad users, but please do not complain any bootloop, any kind of brick or explosion of your device if you're not owning D855.

1) For noobs ;): to be sure you're owning the D855 variant of your device, go in "Settings > Device info > Hardware info" and look for "Model name": it should be "LG-D855".
Then verify if you're already using a Marshmallow firmware: go back to "Device info", now on "Software info" and look for "SW version": it should be "30B" or higher value (30C, 30F etc.).

2) Update your device to latest firmware available.
If you can't do that for some reason, download directly the proper kdz file on your computer: go here, type your IMEI code (from "Settings > Device info > Status") and confirm download.
Ps don't worry if website takes long to load firmware list, you've just to wait.
To install kdz file you have to follow this guide. The entire procedure will take almost 10 minutes of sweating, take a coffee and relax :cool:

3) Download ad install latest KingRoot release: after opening it, attend for root permissions giving.

4) Now install the proper Autorec (developed by @bender_007) from here: simply choose your G3 variant for download.
NOTE: don't panic if automatic reboot won't happen (as promised in app dialog), just do it manually: power off the phone, then press at the same time Power Button and Volume+, until you see LG logo.
Ps because of an "aggressive" booting, you may get wrong and boot up normally device: don't worry and try again.

5) Now you're on TWRP rec... ehm, on Factory Reset prompt: another time, don't worry! Just confirm two times the "YES" option and voilà, data wiped, sorry... I'm joking, you're just in TWRP recovery! ;)
The recovery provided with Autorec is obsolete (v2.8.7.0): it's highly recommended to flash latest one from official website, you can find it in https://twrp.me/Devices (look for your G3 variant).
Since v3.0.0 the recovery is bumped by default, no risk of Secure Boot error at boot up.

6) @rewrew asked me about Kingroot: since it will no longer be needed, how to cleanup su binaries and any (King)junk?
The answer is unSU.
Flash it from recovery, so that Kingroot itself will be removed.

7) At this point... make your choice!

7.1) Strongly and personally recommended: install Magisk from the official thread.
You'll get root permissions, also important features like Magisk Hide (to bypass SafetyNet checks) and modules installation.
To know more, look deeply at the official thread.
NOTE: it's the only systemless mod that WILL NOT cause the hateful Secure Boot error at boot up.

or...

7.2) Are you a traditionalist?
At first download the HacerPermisivo file from attachments (credits to the OP @tute123456), then flash it via recovery.
Now go with the system mode version of SuperSU (thanks much @alexmick for reporting that).
BE AWARE of the original systemless SuperSU, it may cause the hateful Secure Boot error (since it overwrites the boot partition without bumping).
BE AWARE of the purposed v2.52 beta by OP, since it's obsolete and caused issues for most users.
To be short... trust only in the above cited SuperSU variant!

or...

7.3) Are you both traditionalist and willing to risk the Secure Boot error?
Choose the official SuperSU and REMEMBER to flash the attached zip file as second file.
Remember also to update SuperSU always via recovery and like said above (SuperSU > MR_Bump > reboot).
Ps the Secure Boot error is solvable, you have to be in condition to flash MR_Bump via recovery or bump the boot image via other methods.
THE RIGHT MERITS: the MR_Bump zip file is developed by @dadi11 and provided by myself as "backup".
My best thanks to developer.

8) AT THIS TIME I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO KICK OFF THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ("Wipe > Advanced wipe" and select all the partition, except for MicroSD and eventually Internal Storage).
After doing that, flash the desired rom and stay happy.
You want to stay stock? XDA developers are boring people so you don't trust in their roms?[/B].
Okay friend, in this case you just need to clean cache... do that and, finally, REBOOT.
Ps don't worry if you still see the Kingroot app installed: just remove it.

NOW YOUR DEVICE IS ROOTED PERMANENTLY (until you decide to go back to stock, by following this thread).
MISSION COMPLETED, MODDER :cool:

Hi, I have a LG G3 d855 with stock Vodafone v30c, but Kingroot isn't able to root my device. What can I do?

Last edited:

Simone98RC

Jun 21, 2013
Reggio Calabria
simonealecci.it
Root guide never dies!

Hi guys,
be honest: you thought my root guide for LG G3 was over?
You're wrong.

Just tonight I've updated it, get a look but don't be too happy: I sadly notice that the root process is now a mirage for many LG G3 users.
Thanks to KingRoot for its "waiting list", thanks the passage of time that took away any mirror link of AutoRec.

However don't lose hope! People with 30B firmware on D855 device could anyway proceed with root... and AutoRec itself, because @tute123456 included the related apk in the main post.
So just try and let me know.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Hi, I have a LG G3 d855 with stock Vodafone v30c, but Kingroot isn't able to root my device. What can I do?

There's a complication in root process, because of important (and awful) server-side changes of KingRoot.
Just an hour ago I've updated my root guide :good:

Simone98RC

Jun 21, 2013
Reggio Calabria
simonealecci.it
Excellent news

Hi guys, no more excuses: now everyone is able to root its own LG G3 (D855) :victory:
Just downgrade to 30B firmware via LG Flash Tool 2014.

Hi guys,
I see many users that are confusing when rooting their device.
@odjinan asked me for a clearer tutorial, so I'll provide it.
PLEASE NOTE that my post won't absolutely subtract credits to @tute123456, the starter of this thread.

BE CAREFUL if you're owning different/branded G3 variants, good result is not guaranteed and you may get in bootloop, hard brick in worst cases.
To prevent compatibility issues with latest stock-based roms (like Fulmics) is highly recommended to flash latest firmware (at least based on Marshmallow).
Ps despite my warnings, I'll purpose generic links for mad users, but please do not complain any bootloop, any kind of brick or explosion of your device if you're not owning D855.

You MUST OWN the D855 variant of LG G3, since there are no mirror link for Marshmallow AutoRec outside D855.

1. For noobs: to be sure you're owning the D855 variant of your device, go in "Settings > Device info > Hardware info" and look for "Model name": it should be "LG-D855".
    Then verify if you're already using a Marshmallow firmware: go back to "Device info", now on "Software info" and look for "SW version": it should be "30B" or higher value (30C, 30F etc.).

2. Update your device to latest firmware available.
    Are you on 30B firmware? DON'T UPDATE and ignore this step.
    Are you on newer firmware? Don't worry and downgrade: the procedure is almost safe, since I've tried it from 30O firmware without any issue.
    First of all download the proper firmware from here: you've to select the Global D85530B_00_1217.kdz file.
    When download is completed, shutdown phone and put it into Bootloader Mode: you have to simultaneously hold down the Volume- and plug device to computer via USB cable.
    Now download and extract View attachment 4734569, so you can start the homonym executable file: select the KDZ file previously downloaded, then choose the CSE Flash voice (it wipes data, as needed for downgrade).
    You'll see a prompt with country and language list: select the right settings and confirm, otherwise leave them unchanged.
    At this point you could be scared by interrogative characters and error messages: please ignore them and take a coffee :cool:
    If you're paranoid, look at phone display: the installation is going well ;)

3. Download ad install latest KingRoot release: after opening it, attend for root permissions giving.
  4. Now install the proper the D855 AutoRec (developed by @bender_007): download it from the MEGA link of main post.
    NOTE: don't panic if automatic reboot won't happen (as promised in app dialog), just do it manually: power off the phone, then press at the same time Power Button and Volume+, until you see LG logo.
    Ps because of an "aggressive" booting, you may get wrong and boot up normally device: don't worry and try again.

5. Now you're on recovery mod... ehm, on Factory Reset prompt: just another time don't worry! So confirm two times the "YES" option and voilà, data wiped, sorry... I'm joking, you're just in TWRP recovery! ;)
    The recovery provided with AutoRec is obsolete (v2.8.7.0): you have to flash latest TWRP from official website.
    You can find it going here, if you own other G3 variant search your model.
    To flash the newer TWRP, simply install it from the actual recovery.
    Ps since TWRP v3.0.0 and upper is bumped by default, THERE'S NO RISK of Secure Boot error.

6. @rewrew asked me about KingRoot: since it will no longer be needed, how to cleanup SU binaries and any (King)junk?
    The answer is unSU.
    Flash it from recovery, so that KingRoot will be removed.

7. At this point... make your choice!
    • Strongly and personally recommended: install Magisk from the official thread.
      You'll get root permissions, also important features like Magisk Hide (to bypass SafetyNet checks) and modules support.
      Remember to update Magisk always via recovery by flashing View attachment 4208870 as second file before rebooting, otherwise you'll get the hateful Secure Boot Error.
      Ps the Secure Boot error is solvable, you have to be in condition to flash MR_Bump via recovery or bump the boot image via other methods.
      THE RIGHT MERITS: the MR_Bump zip file is developed by @dadi11 and provided by myself as "backup".

or...
    • Are you traditionalist?
      At first download the View attachment 4432872, then flash it via recovery.
      Choose the official SuperSU and REMEMBER to flash the attached zip file as second file.
      Another thing to be flashed is the above mentioned View attachment 4208870, since newer SuperSU overwrites the boot partition like Magisk.

or...
    • Are you both traditionalist and scared by Secure Boot Error risk?
      Always download View attachment 4432872 and flash it via recovery.
      Now go with the system mode version of SuperSU (thanks much @alexmick for reporting that).
      BE AWARE of the purposed v2.52 beta by OP, since it's obsolete and caused issues for most users.
  8. AT THIS TIME I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO KICK OFF THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ("Wipe > Advanced wipe" and select all the partition, except for MicroSD and eventually Internal Storage).
    You want to stay stock? XDA developers are boring people so you don't trust in their roms?
    Okay friend, in this case you just need to clean cache... do that and finally REBOOT.
    Ps don't worry if you still see the KingRoot app installed: just remove it.

NOW YOUR DEVICE IS ROOTED PERMANENTLY (until you decide to go back to stock, by following this thread).

for those who installed the 30b.kdz GLOBAL and EUR (thanks @la pouniere ) tested by Flashtools 2014

ONLY D855 16/32

Install in Order

Video

Video thanks to @SmuTech

Sorry for my bad english

FYM <3

Do you have the same Step-by-step for D855 MM V30o-EUR-XX

Roboxl

Oct 16, 2016
hi,

first of all many thanks that there are people who put so much effort in maintaning 'old' phones.
I already rooted and flashed many devices, so for example I was many years proud owner of an lg g2, i still have an lg g pad 8.3... so I am quite familiar with twrp, the lg flash tool and in installing custom roms.
...but this time, following this threads instructions, I encountered a situation I never ever believed could happen:

I bought a used D855 16GB on the internet for sensational 30 euros, it came with MM 6.0 30D. Although I did exactly as said, kingroot just didn't want to work ... so I downgraded to 30b with the flash tool. Then kingroot worked, I got root, it felt like total victory was just minutes away and so I continued with installing autorec mm. The app was granted root access, I hit the big M after the backup was completed and waited for the magic. Unforuntately the screen went black just a few secs later and since then the phone is just entirely dead --> I cannot access Download Mode, I cannot get into recovery or not even just turn it on. Also when I plugin the charging cable it just stays dead, no lead blinking, no reaction at all. I did not just brick my phone, i quite executed it :angel:

I do not blame anyone for this, it was my decicison to try this.
And the financial los of this experiment of mine is also manageable.

However, I have no clue what the f*** hell did go wrong. :confused::confused:
So I'm posting this for others. Mayby the developers can improve something, other simple useres like me might take this as a warning, this guide is no clean street :cool:

Last edited:

Roboxl

Oct 16, 2016
hi,

first of all many thanks that there are people who put so much effort in maintaning 'old' phones.
I already rooted and flashed many devices, so for example I was many years proud owner of an lg g2, i still have an lg g pad 8.3... so I am quite familiar with twrp, the lg flash tool and in installing custom roms.
...but this time, following this threads instructions, I encountered a situation I never ever believed could happen:

I bought a used D855 16GB on the internet for sensational 30 euros, it came with MM 6.0 30D. Although I did exactly as said, kingroot just didn't want to work ... so I downgraded to 30b with the flash tool. Then kingroot worked, I got root, it felt like total victory was just minutes away and so I continued with installing autorec mm. The app was granted root access, I hit the big M after the backup was completed and waited for the magic. Unforuntately the screen went black just a few secs later and since then the phone is just entirely dead --> I cannot access Download Mode, I cannot get into recovery or not even just turn it on. Also when I plugin the charging cable it just stays dead, no lead blinking, no reaction at all. I did not just brick my phone, i quite executed it :angel:

So I'm posting this for others. Mayby the developers can improve something, other simple useres like me might take this as a warning, this guide is no clean street :cool:

holy sh**... this saved my ass:
https://xdaforums.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359
this guy is my new hero :highfive::good::good::good:

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
hi,

Not to sure, but was this met for 32gb d855 ?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Both

kratosangel

Aug 9, 2019
Hello,

So I followed this tutorial 1 or 2 years ago, rooting V30B and then flashing a custom Fulmics ROM.
I'ven been experiencing bad behaviour from the phone and recently it's become worse and worse (SIM undetected, GPS terrible, unwanted reboots ...)
So I'd like to try "refreshing" all to see if that solves things or if phone is dying.
Thus, I'd like to go to a full stock V30n/V30o or something very close to that.

I have absolutely no memory of how to do things though.
Does TWRP backup helps to save stuff (data, settings, apps ...) ? Or is it just a copy image of the very rom version ?
And then what shall I do ? Can I just wipe and flash a new ROM to install it ? Or is there something specific to do ?
I'd like to keep it rooted btw.

naeembabakheil

Mar 25, 2013
Peshawar
if you want to kepp al changes of your rom apps and settings messages contacts everything you have currently on Rom then gotot TWRP Recovery and backup all files there ..and then copy TWRP folder to your Laptop and then do a clean flashing what ever you want ..
This will save your data ..

kratosangel

Aug 9, 2019
Okay thank you, I was not sure if TWRP was a backup of info regardless rom/version or if it was just a "clean exact copy" of X rom/version with settings, like a "image copy system" for an OS.

naeembabakheil

Mar 25, 2013
Peshawar
TWRP will backup all settings messagesand call logs etc..but it cant backup your internal storage like camera images and other files.. it back whole Rom with all user settings..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ONLY D855 16/32

Install in Order

Video

Video thanks to @SmuTech

Sorry for my bad english
    [UPDATED 2019-03-31] Immortal Root+TWRP guide for Marshmallow firmware

Hi guys,
    I see many users that are confusing when rooting their device.
    @odjinan asked me for a clearer tutorial, so I'll provide it.
    PLEASE NOTE that my post won't absolutely subtract credits to @tute123456, the starter of this thread.

You MUST OWN the D855 variant of LG G3, since there are no mirror link for Marshmallow AutoRec outside D855.

1. For noobs: to be sure you're owning the D855 variant of your device, go in "Settings > Device info > Hardware info" and look for "Model name": it should be "LG-D855".

2. Update your device to latest firmware available.
      Are you on 30B firmware? DON'T UPDATE and ignore this step.
      Are you on newer firmware? Don't worry and downgrade: the procedure is almost safe, since I've tried it from 30O firmware without any issue.
      First of all download the proper firmware from here: you've to select the Global D85530B_00_1217.kdz file.
      When download is completed, shutdown phone and put it into Bootloader Mode: you have to simultaneously hold down the Volume- and plug device to computer via USB cable.
      Now download and extract View attachment 4734569, so you can start the homonym executable file: select the KDZ file previously downloaded, then choose the CSE Flash voice (it wipes data, as needed for downgrade).
      You'll see a prompt with country and language list: select the right settings and confirm, otherwise leave them unchanged.
      At this point you could be scared by interrogative characters and error messages: please ignore them and take a coffee :cool:
      If you're paranoid, look at phone display: the installation is going well ;)

3. Download ad install latest KingRoot release: after opening it, attend for root permissions giving.
    4. Now install the proper the D855 AutoRec (developed by @bender_007): download it from the MEGA link of main post.

5. Now you're on recovery mod... ehm, on Factory Reset prompt: just another time don't worry! So confirm two times the "YES" option and voilà, data wiped, sorry... I'm joking, you're just in TWRP recovery! ;)
      The recovery provided with AutoRec is obsolete (v2.8.7.0): you have to flash latest TWRP from official website.
      You can find it going here, if you own other G3 variant search your model.
      To flash the newer TWRP, simply install it from the actual recovery.
      Ps since TWRP v3.0.0 and upper is bumped by default, THERE'S NO RISK of Secure Boot error.

6. @rewrew asked me about KingRoot: since it will no longer be needed, how to cleanup SU binaries and any (King)junk?
      The answer is unSU.
      Flash it from recovery, so that KingRoot will be removed.

7. At this point... make your choice!
      • Strongly and personally recommended: install Magisk from the official thread.
        You'll get root permissions, also important features like Magisk Hide (to bypass SafetyNet checks) and modules support.
        Remember to update Magisk always via recovery by flashing View attachment MR_Bump.zip as second file before rebooting, otherwise you'll get the hateful Secure Boot Error.

or...
      • Are you traditionalist?
        At first download the View attachment HacerPermisivo.zip, then flash it via recovery.
        Another thing to be flashed is the above mentioned View attachment MR_Bump.zip, since newer SuperSU overwrites the boot partition like Magisk.

or...
      • Are you both traditionalist and scared by Secure Boot Error risk?
        Always download View attachment HacerPermisivo.zip and flash it via recovery.
    8. AT THIS TIME I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO KICK OFF THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ("Wipe > Advanced wipe" and select all the partition, except for MicroSD and eventually Internal Storage).
      You want to stay stock? XDA developers are boring people so you don't trust in their roms?
      Okay friend, in this case you just need to clean cache... do that and finally REBOOT.
      Ps don't worry if you still see the KingRoot app installed: just remove it.

KingRoot is unnecessary
    This procedure works with me 100%

Reboot to twrp
    Full wipe
    Flash V2 zip http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-t2961073
    Flash LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoV2 http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-d855-30b-images-kdz-flashables-t3282012
    Flash https://mega.nz/#!gwFhDAIb!ElPjTOntEBQfTFobc_7yT5B9IoV10nGotozKUyypoAU permissive zip (most important part don't forget to flash this)
    Flash beta supersu 2.52 https://mega.nz/#!M5tkgDoR!eWGHs5O29cr4f-W08_QU4HA-n-JHI7uP6fiW-8pOwbw
    Flash sharpening mod 3.5 and reboot system http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/fix-sharpening-mod-script-1-0-beta-t2957648
    KingRoot is unnecessary
    This procedure works with me 100%

Reboot to twrp
    Full wipe
    Flash V2 zip http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-t2961073
    Flash LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoV2 http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/development/stock-d855-30b-images-kdz-flashables-t3282012
    Flash https://mega.nz/#!gwFhDAIb!ElPjTOntEBQfTFobc_7yT5B9IoV10nGotozKUyypoAU permissive zip (most important part don't forget to flash this)
    Flash beta supersu 2.52 https://mega.nz/#!M5tkgDoR!eWGHs5O29cr4f-W08_QU4HA-n-JHI7uP6fiW-8pOwbw
    Flash sharpening mod 3.5 and reboot system http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/fix-sharpening-mod-script-1-0-beta-t2957648

this is for those who flashed the KDZ! We don't have TWRP until we do it with this method!
    You have the flashable 6.0 so you have TWRP and root but those who flashed 6.0 with KDZ does not have TWRP and root neither!
    for those who installed the 30b.kdz by Flashtools 2014

ONLY D855 16/32

Install in Order

1) Install KingRoot - Rooted...
    2) Install Autorec MM - Automatic reboot into recovery then finish
    3) Enter TWRP and Flash Hacer Permisivo.zip - reboot system
    4) Install Super since Playstore - No necesary opened
    5) Reboot into TWRP - Keys PowerOff+Volumen -

Sorry for my bad english

excellent work very helpful thread for many peoples to not have very good experience with flashing.