[Root][TWRP][Recovery] Lumigon T3

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Many thanks, in truth I was expecting a more 'standard' update.zip file that could be applied using the 'update from local file' facility in recovery mode. I hadn't understood your post relating to updating using this file as I don't understand what I'm doing and this is (a long way!) out of my skill set.
Hi,
No problem I will do the necessary and upload it.
I do recommend you make a nvram backup using SPFlashTool though prior to doing any mods or flashing as this is unique to your phone (imei's etc etc etc)
Check Post #2 "Before you start" instructions. :eek:

Reactions: LottyS

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi @mkstevo

Here is the LUMIGON-T3-v3.2P.291.340.zip I have made this from the SPFlashTool backup posted by meizuman on the 4PDA forum so thanks to him for this.
I have not tested the ROM myself so it's at your own risk.
The ROM is made to be flashed using SPFlashTool which you say your used to working with already.
Let me know how you get on. :fingers-crossed:

EDIT:
Full ROM Flashed in "Download" mode with no issues to report.
It take's around 10 mins to boot to the "Welcome Screen" so please be patient.
I have not taken the rom any further than the welcome screen as yet till I install TWRP and root the ROM.

Note: When flashing it maybe necessary to hold Volume Down (-) button to get the phone to connect with SPFlashtool. Once connection is achieved you can release the button.
I use the Linux Version of SPFlashtool and it can be a little buggy so these oddities may not affect others.

Other Notes and observations:
1. After flashing Magisk and setting up my phone as a "new device" I noticed that the google apps were not auto updating as expected but all were "pending" :confused:
I suspected Magisk had something to do with this so installed the latest versions of both and rebooted then opened the Magisk Manager app and bingo the google app's started to Auto updated. :D
So I now recommend to Always Use the Latest stable version of Magisk and the Magisk Manager app which can be got from the OP of the Magisk thread Here look for Downloads in blue and download the "Latest Stable" and "Latest Magisk Manager" :good:

2. Notifications from Gmail, Calendar, etc etc were not coming through so tried all the usual stuff but nothing worked :mad: Turns out the fix was simple in the end.
Go to /settings/Battery/ and Turn OFF "Enable doze mode" which is on by default. You will now get your notifications almost instantly now.

3. The only real visual difference I have noticed is the Lumigon Launcher now shows the "Home" screen apps in full colour instead of Gray Scale also the google search box is showing on the "Home" screen by default.

4. I am on 3 UK network and was stuck on 3G so I had to go to /settings/Mobile data/preferred network type and toggle "4G recommended" a few times before it eventually switched to 4G from 3G. I have had this on other devices too so maybe it's a 3 UK thing as EE seems to connect to 4G from the very start.

I will add any further observations as I notice them. :eek:

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Russians on 4PDA

I have read some of your statements on 4PDA about this device been fake or built from spare parts etc etc this is a complete nonsense these are simply bankrupt stock the OEM factory or Official Receiver has disposed of to try re-coupe some of the Money spent by Lumigon on the Manufacture of these devices.

I am usually very sceptical and I was with this device too but I have to say IT'S a genuine 100% Lumigon T3 probably minus the final QC check and adding of a individual serial number.

As said in my OP building a fake of this quality would cost more than what is been charged for the phone so that argument does not make any sence. :silly:

I bought 3 and all are identical and I believe all are 100% genuine Flashing the stock ROM of meizuman's 100% Genuine T3 without bricking my phone just proves it genuine.

:victory: :victory: :victory:

EDIT:
By the way FM is not enabled in the kernel. Please review the project.config file to see what is enabled and what is not.
Code:
MTK_FMRADIO_APP = no
MTK_FM_50KHZ_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_CHIP =
MTK_FM_RECORDING_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_RX_AUDIO =
MTK_FM_RX_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_SHORT_ANTENNA_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_SUPPORT = no
MTK_FM_TX_AUDIO =
MTK_FM_TX_SUPPORT = no

Last edited:
Reactions: mkstevo

mkstevo

Mar 5, 2010
Many thanks to bigrammy, I have been able to complete the update kindly provided, using SPFlash. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have enabled Google Pay for me, I see the same message about my 'phone being potentially rooted. Google Play Protect lists my device as being 'not certified'. Possibly any licence that Lumigon had, has not been renewed?

My version is correctly displayed as 3.2P.291, with an Android patch date of 1st March 2017.

I should add that for anyone else contemplating updating, be sure to have a minimum of 75% charge before starting. I applied all portions of the files that bigrammy provided, apart from the User data and the cache. My 'phone, once the update had been downloaded, took almost an hour to restart. Partially due to the fact that the storage was encrypted (taking twenty minutes or so) when the 'phone started, and then all the Apps required 'optimising' which took another age, with two or three reboots in between. Once applied and restarted, I had no other problems. All my Apps appear to work correctly, all information appears to be present and everything does initially feel a lot smoother and quicker.

I probably won't use the 'phone though as it isn't quite as good as my Smartisan at anything it does. If I'd been able to get the 'Tap and Pay' working, it would have been worth keeping it, but as that still doesn't work, it will be back to the Nut Pro.

I'd like to repeat my thanks to bigrammy, I really appreciate your generosity in sharing your work.

Reactions: bigrammy

mkstevo

Mar 5, 2010
When or If you un-root or use Magisk hide follow these tips HERE cts profile check needs to be passed also. ;)
Thanks again but I have not rooted my Lumigon? As delivered with the original OS, Google Pay failed to work giving the same message which claimed that my 'phone was a security risk, as have all my Chinese 'phones with NFC. It has been suggested that as use of Google within China is not encouraged, the manufacturers do not submit them for testing unless they plan to export them, which many of the smaller Chinese manufacturers such as Smartisan don't.

A pity as I liked the look of the 'phone and had an orange one on order from Lumigon when it was originally announced. I cancelled it following many delays in delivery and many broken promises by Lumigon. It does look and feel great, but time has moved on in the years since introduction and Lumigon never caught up. If they had been able to supply me that orange one when I ordered it, they'd have been one sale further from insolvency... And I'd have an €806.25 hole in my wallet. (January 2017)

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Recovery firmware
https://mega.nz/#!Qh9hBBrC!YeMTGcz8-bsev-zBAzmY-is_D9FZ6enXC8RMXzt2eRo Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.273.306
https://mega.nz/#!9gVS1a4b!X5rk2fCTQqWN1Epq88ej_v0HO76ClBn30hIjeFrOtZA Made on the basis of backup LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291.340

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=769158&view=findpost&p=77510569 explanations for firmware and recovery
Thanks vic.prophet I made my own SPFlashTool firmware for the LUMIGON-T3_3.2P.291.340 from the same source and I posted it in #22

People should understand that ones you have posted are RECOVERY firmware's and they must carefully select the correct partitions.
You can wipe the nvram with the above 2 firmwares and and it will be replaced with a generic nvram minus the IMEI's so be careful... :eek:
These should only be used if your device is totally screwed.

they'd have been one sale further from insolvency... And I'd have an €806.25 hole in my wallet. (January 2017)
No problem bet your sure glad you cancelled it now and saved 700 Euro's :laugh:

vic.prophet

Oct 19, 2014
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdHNsAL55IC55_dcR13NiX2Qx9TKFpYr/view mod-revision based on the latest stock software version 3.2P.291.340 from Dhanvantari
fixed bugs
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=769158&view=findpost&p=77457940 specification

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

https://yadi.sk/d/J7B-BZOUEXnmOQ Firmware 3.2P.291.340

https://yadi.sk/i/KKqUWmyfI4z7mg instruction

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=769158&view=findpost&p=77336906 link to the firmware on the forum

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
T3 totally rocks

lets keep hacking it :D
Yes it does :good:
So surprised just how quiet this Lumigon T3 thread is. :silly:
I am working on a few tweaks and customisation just now and will post it when I am happy with everything.
All based on the stock ROM of course due to a lack of Kernel source. :(

Reactions: s4goa

s4goa

Nov 25, 2018
T3

I am working on a few tweaks and customisation just now and will post it when I am happy with everything.
All based on the stock ROM of course due to a lack of Kernel source. :(
yeah cool ! my firmware is 32P291 which does not recognize SIM-cards. but what the heck.

going to flash it some time. :good: :cowboy:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
yeah cool ! my firmware is 32P291 which does not recognize SIM-cards. but what the heck.

going to flash it some time. :good: :cowboy:
I am on that same firmware version (32 P 291) and have no problem with sim card recognition or do you mean carrier identification :confused:.
If you have problems with SIM cards not been detected by the phone then there are fixes for that. :fingers-crossed:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
MediaTek Helio X10 (mt6795) Devices List

For those that enjoy the challenge of porting ROM's :eek:
Here is a list of Possible port candidates that use same SoC (mt6795) as the Lumigon T3. ;)
1. Meizu MX5
2. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
3. Elephone Vowney & Vowney Lite
4. LETV LE 1S, X500
5. Meizu M1 Metal
6. BLU Pure XL
7. HTC Desire 830
8. HTC One S9
9. HTC One ME, HTC One M9E HTC One M9S, HTC One M9+ Supreme Camera One, HTC M9+ Aurora Edition
10. Sony Xperia M5
11. Gionee Elife E8
12. PPTV King 7, PPTV M1
13. Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
14. LG G3 (Silk White, 16GB)
15. Canvas 6 pro
16. ARCHOS DIAMOND 2 NOTE
17. WALTON PRIMO ZX2
18. QMOBILE NOIR E8
19. MEITU V4 & V4S
20. Infinix Zero 3
21. ALLVIEW X2 XTREME
22. Daj S8, Daj R9s

CPU Information for those interested https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mediatek/helio/mt6795

Lumigone

Dec 16, 2018
Many thanks, I tried this and switched off the doze mode it asked me to reboot and mine is not showing google on front and mine is still black/grey

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Many thanks I tried this and switched it of asked me to reboot and mine is not showing google on from and mine is still black/grey
I have no clue what you are trying to say :confused:

If you mean Flashing the TWRP recovery and patched boot.img there is a NOTE about forcing a restart in the OP.

NOTE: For some reason the patched boot.img of magisk v17 did not do the usual restart during the first boot for me so if this happens (Gets stuck on the white T3 Logo) then force power off and restart it. After this it boots fine but please allow 10 mins for the first boot.
Install the latest stable Magisk Manager app and your done.
You can reboot to recovery to check TWRP is working fine too.

Lumigone

Dec 16, 2018
useful codes

*#*#273282*255*663282*#*#* - Immediate backup of all media files

*#*#4636#*#*
This code can be used to get some interesting information about Lumigon T3 and battery. It shows following 4 menus on screen:
* Phone information* Battery information* Battery history* Usage statistics

*#*#7780#*#*
This code can be used for a factory data reset. It'll remove following things:
* Google account settings stored in your phone
* System and application data and settings
* Downloaded applications
It'll NOT remove:
* Current system software and bundled applications
* SD card files e.g. photos, music files, etc.
PS: Once you give this code, you get a prompt screen asking you to click on "Reset phone" button. So you get a chance to cancel your operation.

*2767*3855# - Think before you give this code. This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.
PS: Once you give this code, there is no way to cancel the operation unless you remove the battery from the phone. So think twice before giving this code.
*#*#34971539#*#* - This code is used to get information about phone camera. It shows following 4 menus:
* Update camera firmware in image (Don't try this option)
* Update camera firmware in SD card
* Get camera firmware version in Lumigon T3
* Get firmware update count
WARNING: Never use the first option otherwise your phone camera will stop working and you'll need to take Lumigon T3 to service center to reinstall camera firmware.
*#*#7594#*#*
This one is favorite one. This code can be used to change the "End Call / Power" button action in your phone. Be default, if you long press the button, it shows a screen asking you to select any option from Silent mode, Airplane mode and Power off.

You can change this action using this code. You can enable direct power off on this button so you don't need to waste your time in selecting the option.

*#*#225#*#* - Events calendar.

*#*#426#*#* - Debug information for Google Play service.With Google Play services, your Android app can take advantage of the latest, Google-powered features such as Maps, Google+, and more, with automatic platform updates distributed as an APK through the Google Play store.

*#*#759#*#* - Access Google Partner setup (Rlz debug interface).

*#872564# - USB logging control

*#9900# - System dump mode Lumigon T3

*#*#97#*#* - Language and Keyboard settings in Lumigon T3

*#*#46*#*# - Reset Sim in Lumigon T3

*#301279# - HSDPAHSDPA means “High Speed Downlink Packet Access” and is a technique used in the UMTS mobile communication system, the download speeds of currently 3.6 Mbit/s to 7.2 Mbit/s. HSUPA is developed commercially since 2007 in Germany. High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA, 3.5G, 3G + or UMTS broadband) is a data transmission method of the cellular standards UMTS, which was defined by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project. The method enables DSL-like data rates in mobile networks. HSDPA is available in Germany, among others by the network operators Vodafone, E-Plus, O2, and telecom and in Switzerland by Swisscom, Sunrise and Orange. In Austria operate the A1, T-Mobile, Orange and Three HSDPA networks./HSUPAHSUPA means “High Speed Uplink Packet Access” and is a technique used in the UMTS mobile communication system, the upload speeds up to 5.8 Mbit/s. High Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) is a transmission method of the UMTS mobile radio standard that allows higher data rates in the uplink and reduces the round trip time (often referred to as ping). HSUPA Category 6 were up to 5.76 Mbit / s and category 9 (Release 9) up to 23 Mbit / s can be achieved. HSUPA is part of Release 9 of UMTS. Control Menu

*#7465625# - View phone lock status
*7465625*638*Code# = Enables Network lock
#7465625*638*Code# = Disables Network lock
*7465625*782*Code# = Enables Subset lock
#7465625*782*Code# = Disables Subset lock
*7465625*77*Code# = Enables SP lock
#7465625*77*Code# = Disables SP lock
*7465625*27*Code# = Enables CP lock
#7465625*27*Code# = Disables CP lock
*7465625*746*Code# = Enables SIM lock
#7465625*746*Code# = Disables SIM lock
*7465625*228# = Activa lock ON
#7465625*228# = Activa lock OFF
*7465625*28638# = Auto Network lock ON
#7465625*28638# = Auto Network lock OFF
*7465625*28782# = Auto subset lock ON
#7465625*28782# = Auto subset lock OFF
*7465625*2877# = Auto SP lock ON
#7465625*2877# = Auto SP lock OFF
*7465625*2827# = Auto CP lock ON
#7465625*2827# = Auto CP lock OFF
*7465625*28746# = Auto SIM lock ON
#7465625*28746# = Auto SIM lock OFF

*#*#273283*255*663282*#*#* - This code opens a File copy screen where you can backup your media files e.g. Images, Sound, Video and Voice memo.

*#*#197328640#*#* - This code can be used to enter into Service mode. You can run various tests and change settings in the service mode.

WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth Test Codes:

*#*#232339#*#* OR *#*#526#*#* OR *#*#528#*#* - WLAN test (Use "Menu" button to start various tests)

*#*#232338#*#* - Shows WiFi MAC address MAC (Media Access Control), address is a globally unique identifier assigned to network devices, and therefore it is often referred to as hardware or physical address. MAC addresses are 6-byte (48-bits) in length, and are written in MM:MM:MM:SS:SS:SS format. The first 3-bytes are ID number of the manufacturer, which is assigned by an Internet standards body. The second 3-bytes are serial number assigned by the manufacturer.

*#*#1472365#*#* - GPSThe Global Positioning System (GPS) is a network of about 30 satellites orbiting the Earth at an altitude of 20,000 km. The system was originally developed by the US government for military navigation but now anyone with a GPS device, be it a SatNav, mobile phone or handheld GPS unit, can receive the radio signals that the satellites broadcast. test

*#*#1575#*#* - For a more advanced GPS test

*#*#232331#*#* - Bluetooth test Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology standard that allows data to be exchanged between fixed and mobile devices.

*#*#232337#*# - Shows Bluetooth device address in Lumigon T3

*#*#8255#*#* - This code can be used to launch GTalk Service Monitor. Gtalk Service Monitor and play services monitor are developer options to let you examine and debug the push connections to google talk and google play services. Below these, the "restore default heartbeats" button lets you bring back the original heartbeat exchange settings if you have to. The final button is about making a donation to the developer of this convenient app. and that is it! now, you are left to experiment with the data and wi-fi settings until you land the most comfortable intervals for you.

*#*#36245#*#* - Access email debug information.

Codes to get Firmware version information:

*#*#4986*2650468#*#* - PDA, Phone, H/W, RFCallDate

*#*#1234#*#* OR *#1234# - PDA and Phone firmware information

*#*#1111#*#* - FTA SW Version (1234 in the same code will give PDA and firmware version)

*#12580*369# - Software and hardware info

*#9090# - Diagnostic configuration in Lumigon T3

*#*#2222#*#* - FTA HW Version

*#*#44336#*#* - PDA, Phone, CSCThe Customer Service Code (CSC) plays an important role in the operation of your mobile device. Different countries have different standards for both voice and data communications to a cell phone tower. Although most countries follow the international standard for WiFi connects, there are variations from the standard. The CSC code ensures that your mobile device complies with the standards for your country, and your cell phone operator. The CSC code also determines the source for firmware updates via FOTA or Samsung Kies. , Build Time, Changelist number

Codes to launch various Factory Tests:

*#*#0283#*#* - Packet Loopback

*#*#0*#*#* - LCD display test

*#*#0673#*#* OR *#*#0289#*#* - Melody test

*#*#0842#*#* - Device test (Vibration test and BackLight test)

*#*#2663#*#* - Touch screen version Lumigon T3

*#*#2664#*#* - Touch screen test

*#*#0588#*#* - Proximity sensor test

*#*#3264#*#* - RAM version Lumigon T3

GSM codes for Lumigon T3

Change PIN In mobile devices, the PIN acts like a password preventing other people from gaining unauthorized access to your device. This is a numeric code which must be entered each time the device is started (unless the PIN security feature is turned off). A PUK code is required if a GSM SIM card was locked after entering the wrong PIN code three times in a row. Entering a wrong PUK code ten times in a row disables the SIM card permanently. - ** 04 *, then enter the PIN old, and twice a new PIN.
Change PIN2 - ** 042 *, then enter the old The PIN2, and twice the new PIN2.
Unlock SIM-card (PIN) - ** 05 * then enter the PUK and new PIN twice
Unlock SIM-card (PIN2) - ** 052 *, then enter the PUK2 and new PIN2 twice

Call Forwarding (you have to order the service from the operator)
##002# - Cancel all diverts
##004# - Cancel all conditional call forwarding
**004* phone number # - Activate all conditional call forwarding

Unconditional call forwarding (Call Forward All)
###21 - Switch off and deactivate
#21# - Deactivate
**21*phone number# - Enable and Activate
*21# - Activate
*#21# - Check the condition

Diversion in case of "no answer"
###61 - Switch off and deactivate
#61# - Deactivate
**61* phone number# - Enable and Activate
*61# - Activate
*#61# - Check the condition

Setting the call time until the call forwarding option "no answer"
When installing forwarding on "no answer" you can set the time in seconds that the system allows you to hook. If during this time you have not picked up the phone, the incoming call will be diverted.
Example: - ** 61 * + ** 709576617601234 # 30 - set the waiting time of 30 seconds
Set timeout - ** 61 * Phone Number ** N #, N = 5..30 (seconds)
Remove the previous installation - ## 61 #

Diversion in case of "not available"
# ## 62 - Switch off and deactivate
# 62 # - Deactivate
** 62 *phone number# - Enable and Activate
* 62 # - Activate
* # 62 # - Check the condition

Diversion in case of "busy"
###67 - Switch off and deactivate
#67# - Deactivate
**67*phone number# - Enable and Activate
*67# - Activate
*#67# - Check the condition

Call Barring (you have to order the service from the operator)
Change the password for all bans (default - 0000)
- ** 03 * 330 * old password * new password * new password #

Barring of all outgoing calls
**33*password# - Activate
#33*password# - Deactivate
*#33# - Check the condition

Barring of all calls
**330*password# - Activate
#330*password# - Deactivate
*#330# - Check the condition

Barring of all outgoing international calls
**331*password# - Activate
#331*password# - Deactivate
*#331# - Check the condition

Barring of all outgoing calls
**333*password# - Activate
#333*password# - Deactivate
*#333# - Check the condition

Barring of all incoming calls
**353*password# - Activate
#353*password# - Deactivate
*#353# - Check the condition

Barring all incoming calls when roaming
**351*password# - Activate
#351*password# - Deactivate
*#351# - Check the condition

Call waiting (you have to order the service from the operator)
*43# - Activate
#43# - Deactivate
*#43# - Check the condition

Transfer your phone number (Anti ANI)
#30#phone number - Block
*30#phone number - Allow
*#30# - Check the condition

Show phone number of the caller you (ANI)
#77# - Block
*77# - Allow
*#77# - Check the condition

Smart menu
GP - *111#
Rob - *140#
Banglalink - *789#
This info was from mobilespecs.net

Reactions: bigrammy

LottyS

Jan 8, 2019
Have two bugs in my T3, would anyone help?

Hi, first I have to thank to bigrammy for all the informations, I was searching for help with few fixes and found this thread and I must tell you that everithing here is clearly described and really helpfull, thank you.

I also bought the Lumigon T3, but it looks like I am not lucky, the phone has two bugs and it is really annoiyng, first the phone is waking up itself, it just liyng on the table and keeps waking up itself, without touching it, so I am not able to recognize if something is really happening or if it is one of the 100s of self wakes, it also drains the battery so this bug is bad. I found many solutions to this on internet (switch off air wake, adaptive brightnes, wifi, always on etc) but non of them works, it keeps waking up itself, would anyone know solution to this for the Lumigon T3?

Because of the waking up itself I did try factory reset if that would fix that (in one thread I found information that it could).
So I did just normal factory reset in the settings/ backup and reset/factory data reset and after the reset I was in endless booting loop, could not boot to phone, only logo of Lumigon displaid and when I try to switch the phone off it went in circles, it was like booting loop.
I did try the POWER, VOLUME+, HOME button combination and after many try it switched on finally again, but with the same waking up itself problem. It took many attempts to get it boot to phone again.

So I have T3 with tw bugs, waking up itself randomly and also the problem with factory reset, is there any solution to solve it?
I must say that it is this way strait from the box (bought on aliexpress), did not do anything with the phone

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
So I have T3 with tw bugs, waking up itself randomly and also the problem with factory reset, is there any solution to solve it?
I must say that it is this way strait from the box (bought on aliexpress), did not do anything with the phone
Hmm seems a little odd. :eek:
Are you able to use SPFlashTool? If you are then I would advice you to flash the ROM in this post HERE.
I would also advice you to use SuperSU HERE to root the device if that's what you want to do. Reason is that Magisk seem's not to work too well with MM 6.0 ROM's. I have tried it on a couple of phones running MM and they both seem buggy when using the Later Magisk versions. I am not 100% certain but it seems things started going wrong from about V16. :rolleyes:

I will be uploading a Custom Stock ROM (AOSP Look and Feel) soon which removes the unnecessary junk and add's app's that will get auto updated via the play store and keep the ROM looking fresh since Lumigon is not around to update the ROM anymore.
I have also ported over Sony's Music app and libs from my Sony XA (Also a MediaTek device) along with the Sony Launcher and others stuff too so I can hopefully Share a Sony Xperia(ance) ROM also. :fingers-crossed:

I strongly advice everyone who owns a MediaTek based device to learn to use SPFlashTool it really is a invaluable tool and will make life so much easier now and in the future :good: (Search Google and youtube for help with that ;) )

Reactions: s4goa and LottyS