[Root][TWRP][Recovery] Lumigon T3

LottyS

Jan 8, 2019
Hmm seems a little odd. :eek:
Are you able to use SPFlashTool? If you are then I would advice you to flash the ROM in this post HERE.
I would also advice you to use SuperSU HERE to root the device if that's what you want to do. Reason is that Magisk seem's not to work too well with MM 6.0 ROM's. I have tried it on a couple of phones running MM and they both seem buggy when using the Later Magisk versions. I am not 100% certain but it seems things started going wrong from about V16. :rolleyes:

I will be uploading a Custom Stock ROM (AOSP Look and Feel) soon which removes the unnecessary junk and add's app's that will get auto updated via the play store and keep the ROM looking fresh since Lumigon is not around to update the ROM anymore.
I have also ported over Sony's Music app and libs from my Sony XA (Also a MediaTek device) along with the Sony Launcher and others stuff too so I can hopefully Share a Sony Xperia(ance) ROM also. :fingers-crossed:

I strongly advice everyone who owns a MediaTek based device to learn to use SPFlashTool it really is a invaluable tool and will make life so much easier now and in the future :good: (Search Google and youtube for help with that ;) )

I did not plan to root the phone, I wanted just stock rom so everything would work as from factory but if there is no other option I will do anything necesary to make it work without problems as sending it back to China where they will root it anyway is not really good option. Or I will sell it on Ebay for what it is worth with the bug and will buy another one.

Thank you very much for your help and advice, I really appreciate that and I will keep watching this thread, maby the T3 will be popular for customizations and we will see what will come out of it.

LottyS

Jan 8, 2019
Just info

Hmm seems a little odd. :eek:
Are you able to use SPFlashTool? If you are then I would advice you to flash the ROM in this post HERE.
I would also advice you to use SuperSU HERE to root the device if that's what you want to do. Reason is that Magisk seem's not to work too well with MM 6.0 ROM's. I have tried it on a couple of phones running MM and they both seem buggy when using the Later Magisk versions. I am not 100% certain but it seems things started going wrong from about V16. :rolleyes:

I will be uploading a Custom Stock ROM (AOSP Look and Feel) soon which removes the unnecessary junk and add's app's that will get auto updated via the play store and keep the ROM looking fresh since Lumigon is not around to update the ROM anymore.
I have also ported over Sony's Music app and libs from my Sony XA (Also a MediaTek device) along with the Sony Launcher and others stuff too so I can hopefully Share a Sony Xperia(ance) ROM also. :fingers-crossed:

I strongly advice everyone who owns a MediaTek based device to learn to use SPFlashTool it really is a invaluable tool and will make life so much easier now and in the future :good: (Search Google and youtube for help with that ;) )

I did try to use SPFlashTool, also did try MTK Droid Tool, installed ADB drivers + fastboot, the problem is SPFlash Tool or MTK Droid Tool does not see my T3, I am connected by USB in debugging mode (file transfer mode), I can access the phone and see files in the phone, but I can not connect to SPFlashTool or MTK Droid Tool. I am no expert so I might be doing something wronf but I do not think so as connect phone to PC and recognize it by application is easy and this looks no different, I also updated all drivers but it also did not help ….. so..... here I am… with T3 which wants to kil me by it waking up flashing display :eek:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
I did try to use SPFlashTool, also did try MTK Droid Tool, installed ADB drivers + fastboot, the problem is SPFlash Tool or MTK Droid Tool does not see my T3, I am connected by USB in debugging mode (file transfer mode), I can access the phone and see files in the phone, but I can not connect to SPFlashTool or MTK Droid Tool. I am no expert so I might be doing something wronf but I do not think so as connect phone to PC and recognize it by application is easy and this looks no different, I also updated all drivers but it also did not help ….. so..... here I am… with T3 which wants to kil me by it waking up flashing display :eek:
The phone must be switched OFF and you must have the preloader usb vcom driver installed.
Open up device manager on your PC then with the phone switched OFF connect it to the USB port on your PC and you should see the preloader usb vcom flash up momentarily (2 Seconds) or if it's not installed you will see a Yellow triangle with a ! inside if this is the case then you need to install the VCOM drivers.
When flashing using SPFlashTool you click the download button on SPFT Then connect the phone while switched off.
Every thing you need to know regarding SPFlashTool, driver installation, and use of is Located HERE so thanks to Hovatek for correlating everything this should now make a noobs life very simple indeed. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: LottyS

LottyS

Jan 8, 2019
The phone must be switched OFF and you must have the preloader usb vcom driver installed.
Open up device manager on your PC then with the phone switched OFF connect it to the USB port on your PC and you should see the preloader usb vcom flash up momentarily (2 Seconds) or if it's not installed you will see a Yellow triangle with a ! inside if this is the case then you need to install the VCOM drivers.
When flashing using SPFlashTool you click the download button on SPFT Then connect the phone while switched off.
Every thing you need to know regarding SPFlashTool, driver installation, and use of is Located HERE so thanks to Hovatek for correlating everything this should now make a noobs life very simple indeed. :fingers-crossed:

Thank you for the informations, I am going to try it, I have found stock ROM for Lumigon T3 ( https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-rom-lumigon-t3/ ) so will try if I am going to be able the get through all the necessary steps and flash it, wish me luck and thank you one more time.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Thank you for the informations, I am going to try it, I have found stock ROM for Lumigon T3 ( https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-rom-lumigon-t3/ ) so will try if I am going to be able the get through all the necessary steps and flash it, wish me luck and thank you one more time.
The ROM I linked you to in my original post is the latest version stock ROM Post #22 but If you want to use theirs that fine too. :eek:

TIP: Never use "Format all Download" in SPFlashTool only ever use "Download" or "Firmware Upgrade" this will ensure your imei's remain safe.

Last edited:

LottyS

Jan 8, 2019
The ROM I linked you to in my original post is the latest version stock ROM Post #22 but If you want to use theirs that fine too. :eek:

TIP: Never use "Format all Download" in SPFlashTool only ever use "Download" or "Firmware Upgrade" this will ensure your imei's remain safe.

I am trying to get all necesary informations together. With the rom in your original post you wrote that --Lumigon Launcher now shows the "Home" screen apps in full colour instead of Gray Scale also the google search box is showing on the "Home" screen by default-- so I thought I will look around if there is some ROM which has no differences to th factory and the sign --- Factory ROM --- cought my interest :p , but now I think I will use yours.

My Firmware is 3.2P.273.306, I was wondering if I could flash newer, for example the 3.2P.291.340, I am not clear about that yet.

Also I am thinking about backing my preloader, nvram, lk, logo, boot, recovery and system as you recommended.

It seems you are using both apps SPFlashTool and TWRP Recovery , will have to search about the TWRP how to use it.

By the way I did installed the Open usb vcom and after connecting my phone it did flash up momentarily.

Thank you for the link to Hovatek forum, a lot of important informations there.

Will try to flash it today.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
With the rom in your original post you wrote that --Lumigon Launcher now shows the "Home" screen apps in full colour instead of Gray Scale also the google search box is showing on the "Home" screen by default-- so I thought I will look around if there is some ROM which has no differences to th factory and the sign --- Factory ROM --- cought my interest :p , but now I think I will use yours.

My Firmware is 3.2P.273.306, I was wondering if I could flash newer, for example the 3.2P.291.340, I am not clear about that yet.
These are just the visible differences I noticed after flashing the Latest Stock firmware 3.2P.291.340. These slight differences can be reverted/adjusted using the launcher settings

Also I am thinking about backing my preloader, nvram, lk, logo, boot, recovery and system as you recommended.
This should always be a priority in my opinion especially the nvram as this is unique to your device. Using SPFlashTool for backing up requires no rooting, flashing custom recovery's, etc so there is no risk to the devices and it will be helpful for recovering the device should you ever choose to flash mods, custom roms, etc, etc.

It seems you are using both apps SPFlashTool and TWRP Recovery , will have to search about the TWRP how to use it.
TWRP is mainly for the purpose of rooting (Flashing SuperSU or Magisk .zip's ). I genarally use SPFlashTool for most backup and restore functions but TWRP can also do this job when I am away from my PC :good:

samienemy

Jun 27, 2014
If someone know how to dessasembly the lumigon t3 with picture it Will be helpful, becouse the battery dead and i want to open the phone and change the battery but i don t know.

Lumigone

Dec 16, 2018
Help Needed Please

Hi, I opened the vault on my T3 sometime ago and I forgot the password I put in as I was just exploring the phone, is there away to recover the password and is there a limit of attempts before anything happens? Many thanks

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi, I opened the vault on my T3 sometime ago and I forgot the password I put in as I was just exploring the phone, is there away to recover the password and is there a limit of attempts before anything happens? Many thanks
Sorry I have no idea because I have never used it. :eek:
I doubt you will be able to recover it or else it would not be very secure which is it's main purpose. :silly:
You may need to do a userdata wipe if with SPFlashTool or TWRP if you get locked out.

Lumigone

Dec 16, 2018
Speaker Problem any ideas?

When I have the phone on loud speaker the speaker at the top of the phone vibrates and the sound is terrible I have tried lowering the volume to half and it still does it which makes it hard to heard the conversation, the only way I can stop it is by holding my thumb over the speaker to stop it making an unbearable vibrate sound, I am wondering if the speaker has worked loose? any suggestions I purchased it from Coolicool a few months ago and was going to send it back but they have been out of stock for some time now and I do really like the Lumigon.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
When I have the phone on loud speaker the speaker at the top of the phone vibrates and the sound is terrible I have tried lowering the volume to half and it still does it which makes it hard to heard the conversation, the only way I can stop it is by holding my thumb over the speaker to stop it making an unbearable vibrate sound, I am wondering if the speaker has worked loose? any suggestions I purchased it from Coolicool a few months ago and was going to send it back but they have been out of stock for some time now and I do really like the Lumigon.
Have you messed with any settings? Like maybe using MTK Engineer mode.
I have had three T3's including one from Coolicool and none seem to suffer from this issue.
Did you update the firmware yet? If not then try that as I find the later one to be rather more stable than the firmware the device shipped with from Coolicool.
Most up to date firmware? Read from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/root-lumigon-t3-t3843735/page3

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumigone

Lumigone

Dec 16, 2018
Have you messed with any settings? Like maybe using MTK Engineer mode.
I have had three T3's including one from Coolicool and none seem to suffer from this issue.
Did you update the firmware yet? If not then try that as I find the later one to be rather more stable than the firmware the device shipped with from Coolicool.
Most up to date firmware? Read from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/root-lumigon-t3-t3843735/page3
Hi Many thanks for your time and help what is the MTK? not done any updates. When I first got the phone everything work well but then I noticed the Action key no longer responds and does nothing. I have disable many things when I realize google seems to store photo's and play a large part in the phone, I prefer Firefox. Is there balance setting for the speakers perhaps I have done something there? Regards

Reactions: bigrammy

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi Many thanks for your time and help what is the MTK? not done any updates. When I first got the phone everything work well but then I noticed the Action key no longer responds and does nothing. I have disable many things when I realize google seems to store photo's and play a large part in the phone, I prefer Firefox. Is there balance setting for the speakers perhaps I have done something there? Regards
First change/check these go to /Settings/Sound & notifications/Sound enhancement/BesLoudness and turn it to off with the switch. Now reboot and make sure the BesLoudness remains off and make your tests. :fingers-crossed:

Warning Only do this if all else has failed Only adjust the following settings DO NOT play with other setting in engineer mode.​

To get into engineering mode go to Phone and open your dial pad & type *#*#3646633#*#* this will take you into the mtk engineering app.
Once in swipe across to "Hardware Testing" then choose "Audio" then "Loudspeaker Mode" then in the "Type" box choose "Sph" or it maybe "Sph2" I am not sure which one is for the loudspeaker by your ear so you will need to take note's of the default setting of each then adjust one and test it keep doing this till you find the balance that works best. Reboot is required when you make you adjustments bwt
My Default values for both Sph & Sph2 are as follows:
Level 0 = 72
Level 1 = 88
Level 2 = 104
Level 3 = 116
Level 4 = 132
Level 5 = 146
Level 6 = 160
160 is Max volume

EDIT: I have just done some googling and found this Read Post #9 by Cleopatra pretty much what I told you but with more detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumigone

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Any news on the aosp look and feel ROM bigrammy?

Surprised how good the camera is using the Manual Camera app on the play store
AOSP L&F. Oop's yes I kinda forgot about that. :eek:
If I get a chance I will take a look at it over the weekend. :fingers-crossed:

The camera seems fine using the stock app so I kinda left that one alone although switching to the google camera and testing it was on my to-do list along with the Sony Camera.
This might be a dumb question but does the Nightvison camera work with the Manual Camera app or does that still need the stand alone lumigon app?
I am not sure if these camera app's nowadays have the ability to detect and use a third camera or not. :eek:

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Aosp L&F rom

It's based on the stock ROM so if was broken on stock it will probably still be broken on this ROM.
It's not a compiled from source code ROM but just a modded stock rom.

So What New:
Phone apk is google's: Any updates to that should come through the playstore
Contacts.apk is google's: So like above
Gboard and swype lib's are google's: So like above.
Clock.apk is google's: So like above.
Calculator.apk is google's: So like above.
Fully Working nexus launcher: (Live wallpapers do not work as they are not supported on Android 6.0 :( )
GoogleFiles.apk: (Google's File Manager/Cleaner)
Plus other google app's

Stock visible Lumigon apps left in:
Camera's
tv remote
mirror
compass
recordings.

Stock none visible Lumigon app's that are used by "settings" have been left included.

Quirks:
Stock Lumigon Launcher is left in as experience has shown me that removing the stock launcher can cause issues with lockscreens, security, etc, etc.
On startup you may get provisioning has stopped just press OK then when offered choose Nexus Launcher "Always"
When app's are getting updated by the playstore it's likely the playstore will crash once so just re-launch it then it will be fine from then on.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
I tested this on a clean install (That means I Formated data which wipe's everything on the internal storage to do this I first unmouted data & cache from TWRP's Mount menu then go to Wipe menu Advanced choose format data type yes (It Take's a long time to wipe 128GB so wait) after it finishes go back to advanced wipe select cache and dalvik cache and wipe.
Now go to reboot menu and choose recovery.
When back in recovery swipe to allow mounting system and connect to the PC and transfer the AOSP L&F .zip and SuperSU/Magisk .zip to the phone.
Now install the AOSP L&F .zip followed by SuperSU or the Magisk .zip.
SuperSU gives me far far less issue's than Magisk so unless you really need Magisk I recommend using SuperSU (link here)
New Magisk versions cause super long boot times 15 > 20min's then cause glitches when it has booted, it does eventually sort it's self out then it's fine after that so the choice is yours. :eek:

If you dirty flash the ROM eg: You just a quick wipe then you are on your own!! It maybe just fine but you may also get weird stuff happening too.
If you use ANY other mods do not complain here PLEASE!! I do not use any-other mod's so will not be able to help.

ROM Download HERE
SuperSU Download HERE :good:

A couple of screenshots below

@hecatae
:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: s4goa

Tordy1

Aug 14, 2010
nfc (contactless payments) does not start due to lack of a certificate
how can I launch Android Pay?

Hi,

I bought a couple of these phones from The Freaks store on AliExpress. As, in my humble opinion, all phones today are simply a compromise I really loved this compromise of a smartphone. It truly was a bargain at 89$. For my usage it was simply perfect. The only thing I could never get going was G Pay. Always got the message that the device would not be able to use contactless payments when I set it up.

So, I bought one from KickMobiles in the UK (and let my 14 year old son inherit the one from China that I was using) who assured me that this is the real deal and not a copy in any way.
I got it this week and immediately noticed differences to the device. Packaging was very different and the device looks like it has somehow worse build quality. :confused:
But to my surprise, G Pay works. The NFC triggers the app and payments are initiated. But not on all terminals.
(It also has significantly better call quality)

Google Play store also reports that this device is certified, while the two phones from China are not. I believe that this may be the issue. Simply that the software supplied on the devices from China never went through proper certification. Because hardware-wise I am certain that the phones I got from China are the real deal.

So, the devices from KickMobiles will seemingly work flawlessly with G Pay. I dunno if there is a way for me to use my device to help you guys get yours working?!

Certificate exports or dumping the whole ROM?!

I MIGHT be willing to try any and all things as long as it wont brick my device or somehow remove my contactless payment abilities... ;)

Anyone have an idea on how I can help? Let me know...

For starters my device is running build 3.2P.268

Reactions: bigrammy

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Android Pay?
Hi Tordy1,
Reading Russian forum the best I can it does seem as though there are different quality T3's out there. :eek:
I guess I got lucky as all mine are great quality and I can just about see where the device serial number's used to be. (Just under the sim tray) You will notice it on your Official one.

I just re added the serial's which were on the box's back to my devices as they all had the generic ones loaded aaabbccc12345 kinda thing. You can do this via the /proinfo
As for Gpay I do not use it myself or any form contact-less (I am a tin hatter when It comes to my money :laugh: )

I do not know where the gpay certs live :confused:
I think I read on the Russian forum adding the genuine serial number back to the device re-enables it. :confused:

The ROM I have is the one from the Russians which is supposed to be a genuine T3 ROM dump all though the version number differs to yours.
A Stock dump via SPFlashTool minus your nvram, cache and userdata would be :cool:

Last edited: