[ROOT][TWRP RECOVERY] Onda V972 Quad-core | Allwinner A31

Search This thread

skippie17700

Apr 5, 2008
ok, uploaded file here, see updates in post

help!!!

i tried it, can see the sd card too now, but when i tried to go back to system i get a green screen of death.

I am in the recovery mode, what can i do to restore my supernova 3.1 ? :(
Is this working for 32gb version too ?

help..... help.....

Last edited:

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
Green screen not depends on TWRP. It is a file checking procedure.
About 32gb - I don`t know work it or not, I wrote it.
Try to flash lastest stock rom with Phoenix Suite with formating to solve your problem.

Reactions: vbcoder77

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
You have now.
I'm running the new 2.0 firmware and it works great.
I can create backups and mount partitions.
The only error i get is "E:Unable to mount '/recovery'"

Great Job!! :cool:

Yeah..........same here!!

Tried it on V972- 32Gb with both Kasty V 2.0 & Supernova V4.0........ Magnificiant except for the error "E:Unable to mount '/recovery'"!!

:good:

Last edited:

skippie17700

Apr 5, 2008
Green screen not depends on TWRP. It is a file checking procedure.
About 32gb - I don`t know work it or not, I wrote it.
Try to flash lastest stock rom with Phoenix Suite with formating to solve your problem.

Fixed it by swiping everything then factory reset then new install.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk HD

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
TWRP 2.5.0.0 for Onda V972

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups
Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
Fixed handling of subpartitions
Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

Attachments

• TWRP2500_Onda_v972_stable.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 828

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

Thanks Anton.............I m travelling presently hence can't try it out but I m almost certain that it would be a great job!!
:good:

Tried & checked..........its simply amazing!! Gr8 job indeed!!

Last edited:

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
TWRP2500 on Onda_v972_V2-422-v23beta

I tried using it on Onda_v972_V2-422-v23beta released yesterday and really had great problems.
TWRP installed as usual procedure but the tab won't reboot into recovery. Further got stuck up at the 3rd boot logo for about 30 odd minutes. Even forced closing would only result in automatic restart and being stuck up. Luckily could flash it back to V2.0.
Please guide if the recovery ought to be changed or its a lapse on to my end!!
Thanks!!

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
I tried using it on Onda_v972_V2-422-v23beta released yesterday and really had great problems.
TWRP installed as usual procedure but the tab won't reboot into recovery. Further got stuck up at the 3rd boot logo for about 30 odd minutes. Even forced closing would only result in automatic restart and being stuck up. Luckily could flash it back to V2.0.
Please guide if the recovery ought to be changed or its a lapse on to my end!!
Thanks!!
Hi, aryanitinkumar!
First of all I want to tell everybody why I didn't rush to make TWRP for 4.2.2. It is just because I don't think that it's official stable Onda release. It is only beta, and I'm not really sure if it's Onda did it.
But, Steve ask me to build TWRP for 4.2.2, and proposed his help, so I decided to make it.
But there is a big difference in partition table in 4.2.2, so I need you guys help me.
Can someone who have 4.2.2 give me result of command cat /proc/partitions with extermal SD card pluged in?
Thx!

Last edited:

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
Hi, aryanitinkumar!
First of all I want to tell everybody why I didn't rush to make TWRP for 4.2.2. It is just because I don't think that it's official stable Onda release. It is only beta, and I'm not really sure if it's Onda did it.
But, Steve ask me to build TWRP for 4.2.2, and proposed his help, so I decided to make it.
But there is a big difference in partition table in 4.2.2, so I need you guys help me.
Can someone who have 4.2.2 give me result of command cat /proc/partitions with extermal SD card pluged in?
Thx!
Hi Anton!
Thanks for your revert!
Actually I flashed back to 2.01 as the initial 4.2.2 wasn't working for me any. Well, I m travelling at the moment but would surely install Kasty 4.2.2 rooted 6.zip and post the results as required ASAP
Cheers!! :good:

Last edited:

enr88

Aug 6, 2011
Palermo, Italy, Italy
Hi, aryanitinkumar!
Thx!

2evy3u8e.jpg

With microsd ext 16gb :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: ankar84

enr88

Aug 6, 2011
Palermo, Italy, Italy
I'm not sure that it's bug free, but you can try that beta01 version.

I do a titanium backup first and then try...

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I'm not sure that it's bug free, but you can try that beta01 version.
are stuck here, no reboot...
ate5ysyr.jpg

And no twrp recovery
emupa6u4.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, Everybody!
    CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk
    I want to introduce to you a Team Win Recovery Project 2.4.1.0 for Onda V972.
    I think it will be usefull and for Onda V812, and V971, maybe other A31 tablets.
    That TWRP works on 32 Gb version of Onda V972.

Installation TWRP Recovery on Onda V972
    Before installing TWRP, you need to get root. All latest stock firmware comes with root, you need only install Superuser or SuperSU from Play Market
    Download the Onda_V972_TWRP.zip from that post and extract it to any folder on your computer.
    Copy all three files from your computer internal disk (ONDA_MID on you computer and /sdcard on tablet)
    Install the application Terminal on the tablet and run it.
    From the terminal emulator enter the following command:
    Code:
    su
    Press Enter. Allow access to the application or SuperSU SuperUser
    Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
    Press Enter. This command installs new recovery to your tablet.
    Code:
    busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
    Press Enter. This will load the device mode recovery.
    You can also use the standard way of loading in recovery - While the tablet is off press Home button and holding it press the Power button untill 4 core logo appears.

If something goes wrong, you need to flash the firmware via Stock PhoenixSuit and during flashing select "YES" to the question about formatting.

It is not bug free version, there is a error: Unable to mount '/recovery' I will try to fix all bugs.
    I repeat: Use it on your own risk!

Credits:

Thanks to Dees_Troy and all TWRP team for great work!
    Thanks to darkrickpr from slatedroid for base TWRP
    Thanks to hariprasadiit for his CWM port and his post.

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

TWRP based on lastest 2.4.4.0 for Onda V972 by ankar84

Well. On my main forum 4pda.ru nobody wanted to test latest stable version of TWRP. Apparently everyone is busy updating the firmware to version 2.0. So, I decided to publish TWRP stable version here. But, please note, I have no positive results of using this version of TWRP for 32 GB version of the tablet.
    TWRP based on lastest 2.4.4.0 for Onda V972 by ankar84
    Download: Ya.Disk | Mega

Differences between TWRP and CWM Recovery
    • Graphical user interface with full touch control.
    • Batch patches (up to 10p in the queue).
    • Customizable backup/restore. You can choose which partitions to backup/restore if you want to use compression and generate md5-sum set their own names backup and delete unwanted right from recovery
    • Displays the time (time zone adjusted separately), battery.
    • Saving settings of the recovery on microSD-card.
    • Built in Terminal Emulator.
    • The ability to connect the two cards to the computer as a USB-carriers.
    • Built-in file manager, with copy, move, delete, rename, change permissions.
    • A detailed log file.
    • Theming support.

TWRP based on latest stable version 2.4.4.0
    Internal and External memory are mounted properly.
    Internal memory installed in the /sdcard
    External Memory installed in the /external_sd
    You can store backups on a Internal and External memory as well.
    External card is automatically mounted
    Checked backup and restore - work

Team Win Project site
    Compile manual
    Thread on XDA
    TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02

Hi again.
    After various checks, really mount internal memory like external.
    Where say "using internal memory" show the contents of external SD.
    not if I explain well...
    Hi, Steve!
    I take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent work SuperNova!
    As regards that TWRP, I told, that it`s like an alpha version with a lot of bugs, and not everything working propertly. I just tested installing custom rom (SuperNova 3.1 and Iberica v.2) and it`s worked. And on my forum I asked people who have 32 Gb version of tablet if they can to install custom on their tablet, and they confirmed, that it`s work pretty good.
    Just want to clarify a bit more on that as is currently working of that alpha version of TWRP.
    When you boot into TWRP without external microSD card your internal memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) will be Internal Storage in Mount menu of TWRP
    When you boot into TWRP with external microSD card it will mount like a Internal Storage again, and there is no tablet real /sdcard mounted.
    I also would like to note that in the Mount menu, item Mount SDCard will not work! Never! Now we are working on fix that problem.
    But now, I made a new version, lets call it TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02 and it can mount both ext-sd and internal memory. But ext-sd you need to mount manualy, and we are working on that too.
    In new version:
    Internal Storage is a internal tablet memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) Mounts at /sdcard
    SD-Ext is a External microSD card, don`t forget to mount it manualy. Mounts at /sd-ext
    Thanks ankar84! It really had been so helpful and I had been able to install both SN & Iberica successfully :good:. Can you please guide how to update the new recovery on the earlier one. Will the new recovery overwrite the earlier one by simple installation?
    Hi, aryanitinkumar!
    New recovery always overwrite the earlier one, so there is no big manual about installing new TWRP on old TWRP.
    Today I compiled a new TWRP version for Onda V972 based on lastest stable TWRP 2.4.4.0

The internal and external memory mounts properly.
    The internal memory is mounted in /sdcard
    External memory is installed in the /external_sd
    You can store backups on both the internal and the external memory.
    External card mounted automatically.
    Checked the backup and restore - worked great!

But now I publised on 4pda.ru to 32Gb version owners test it on their tablets. If everything will be good, I will publish it here!