[ROOT][TWRP][ROM]Samsung Galaxy on5 [MetroPCS/T-Mobile]

Search This thread
Install xposed framework for sdk23 from magisk manager
You were able to use the module in Magisk and it worked? I had to use a Wanam by framework because of the issue that Samsung phones commonly have due to TouchWiz. I'm using an 87.1 version and rooted with Magisk which gives me the ability to use Magisk modules as well.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Everything looks ok to me. My phone only shows "phone" when I plug into my computer using USB through MTP. It did with both the 16gb and 32gb that I upgraded to recently. I use Titanium as well, to move over the apps that don't automatically install into the adopted storage. Some apps don't play well in adopted storage like you said, and force close. The only lag I've really noticed is after a reboot when I have to wait for the apps in the adopted storage to begin working and change from gray icons to normal looking. It might not be perfect, but adopted storage has given me some app freedom. It's as important to me as the Viper4Android mod is when it comes to audio sound out just the freedom that rooting gives you.

Reactions: davidzam

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
You were able to use the module in Magisk and it worked? I had to use a Wanam by framework because of the issue that Samsung phones commonly have due to TouchWiz. I'm using an 87.1 version and rooted with Magisk which gives me the ability to use Magisk modules as well.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Everything looks ok to me. My phone only shows "phone" when I plug into my computer using USB through MTP. It did with both the 16gb and 32gb that I upgraded to recently. I use Titanium as well, to move over the apps that don't automatically install into the adopted storage. Some apps don't play well in adopted storage like you said, and force close. The only lag I've really noticed is after a reboot when I have to wait for the apps in the adopted storage to begin working and change from gray icons to normal looking. It might not be perfect, but adopted storage has given me some app freedom. It's as important to me as the Viper4Android mod is when it comes to audio sound out just the freedom that rooting gives you.
Great! Thanks. I'll then leave it like as it is, and yes the lag is present, but I guess is normal under the circumstances, sometimes more, sometimes less, but as you said, I have the apps I want I it works for me. However, I did install Lspedd, and I notice a bit of improvement (or maybe it's just my imagination) super super works fine for me, although I've never hear about that "Magisk" before, is that some kind of "updated" super user app?. Exposed? No way, impossible, can't seem to find the right sdk framewok, tryed whit 3 versions already, must uninstall to boot, there must be a way to install... But! Is ok. Have you heard about Lspedd? Magiks... What is that... [emoji16]

Enviado desde mi SM-G550T1 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
Bricked

Damm!!! I just Bricked the phone... If anyone can give me a raliable download for Samsung Galaxy On5 MetroPCS - SM-G550T1...
Thanks

Great! Thanks. I'll then leave it like as it is, and yes the lag is present, but I guess is normal under the circumstances, sometimes more, sometimes less, but as you said, I have the apps I want I it works for me. However, I did install Lspedd, and I notice a bit of improvement (or maybe it's just my imagination) super super works fine for me, although I've never hear about that "Magisk" before.
Magisk is more than a superuser, it's a systemless superuser with a framework system like Xposed with different modules built to use with it. To use Xposed if you are running 6.0.1, you need the sdk23 version that is custom built framework by wanam for Samsung devices. You need to flash it in TWRP, or recovery, and you need to install the xposed installer, I have version 3.1.5 to be able to use Xposed and download the modules.

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
You need modified version of Xposed by wanam All the information and stuff has been discussed in the past this device is old so links may work. Only things I use now is magisk,apps2SD,viper4a,L speed. Like I mention before adoptable was fun for 5 mins then lag just becomes crazy and slower and slower within time and SuperSU I believe was 2.79 at time which was buggy with Xposed which all of those effect performance anyways. Then I found magisk which gives root and works flawless just that alone gives better performance.

I recommend you use xposed framework and the module XInternalSD to use the SDcard. You never know when you would want to take out for use elsewhere. But if you use this method then SafetyNet won't be passable anymore.

Great! Thanks. I'll then leave it like as it is, and yes the lag is present, but I guess is normal under the circumstances, sometimes more, sometimes less, but as you said, I have the apps I want I it works for me. However, I did install Lspedd, and I notice a bit of improvement (or maybe it's just my imagination) super super works fine for me, although I've never hear about that "Magisk" before.
Magisk is more than a superuser, it's a systemless superuser with a framework system like Xposed with different modules built to use with it. To use Xposed if you are running 6.0.1, you need the sdk23 version that is custom built framework by wanam for Samsung devices. You need to flash it in TWRP, or recovery, and you need to install the xposed installer, I have version 3.1.5 to be able to use Xposed and download the modules.

I bricked completly my On5 smg550t1 from Metropcs. It's unlocked, Odin always gives me an error message whit all the ROMS i've tryed. I think I erased via twrp everything (data, system... everything), the only thing working is Download mode, I have the botloadeer unlocked, no fbs block, when I prees volume up to acces to TWRP Recovery , It gives me the "Odin error" to recover using smart switch, but I never conected my device to it, and I missplaced forever the phones package, so, no serial number... Help? Where can i find a Working Odin flasheable ROM? Do you guys have it? Can you help me? I can get to download mode at least so, there must be posible to bring it back to life, rigth? Thanks

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
I bricked completly my On5 smg550t1 from Metropcs. It's unlocked, Odin always gives me an error message whit all the ROMS i've tryed. I think I erased via twrp everything (data, system... everything), the only thing working is Download mode, I have the botloadeer unlocked, no fbs block, when I prees volume up to acces to TWRP Recovery , It gives me the "Odin error" to recover using smart switch, but I never conected my device to it, and I missplaced forever the phones package, so, no serial number... Help? Where can i find a Working Odin flasheable ROM? Do you guys have it? Can you help me? I can get to download mode at least so, there must be posible to bring it back to life, rigth? Thanks
I have the rom for it which is the same as my phone as well. I can send it to you just tell me how you want to get it. It is the latest version for the On5 so it will work once you flash it and set it up before flashing tarp and if you want to get adoptable storage just have the SDcard inserted before the flashing

Last edited:

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
I have the rom for it which is the same as my phone as well. I can send it to you just tell me how you want to get it. It is the latest version for the On5 so it will work once you flash it and set it up before flashing tarp and if you want to get adoptable storage just have the SDcard inserted before the flashing

Thanks Shen Ron. May I ask, Is the US ROM? I have tried everything and for no use. I downloaded this onehttp://download1588.mediafire.com/1khchxhpkr1g/lxe662jj9u6j5j0/ON5.G550T1UVU1APF1.rar
But it gives me the fallowing error on ODIN:
sboot.bin
FAIL!

And the phone shows me this message in red caps:
sw rev. check fail. devise:2 Binary: 1
It supouse to be the latest software... Can you explain to me that error?

Ok so if you are so kind, please upload the firmaware, just let me remaind you, I cant access recovery, it shows me this message:
"An error has occurred while updating the device software...." I can only access the Odin Mode, It says thyat may current binary is Sansumg Official, the system status is Custom Frp lock is OFF and secure download ENABLE, Warranty Void: 1 (0x0304) and also RP swrev: Bynari: 2 K:1 S:0.
Please, you can´t even begging to imagine what im going through.
How will you uploaded? I dont have any server otr anything, google drive maybe? I dont know your choise. Please!, and thank you very much for your answer.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Shen Ron, google drive is possible? Is the only thing I could thinl of, If you have a beter way... please. It would be nice if everyone whit going trough my exact predicament can have acces to it if it works :D (I HOPE!)
Thanks again.

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks Shen Ron. May I ask, Is the US ROM? I have tried everything and for no use. I downloaded this onehttp://download1588.mediafire.com/1khchxhpkr1g/lxe662jj9u6j5j0/ON5.G550T1UVU1APF1.rar
But it gives me the fallowing error on ODIN:
sboot.bin
FAIL!

And the phone shows me this message in red caps:
sw rev. check fail. devise:2 Binary: 1
It supouse to be the latest software... Can you explain to me that error?

Ok so if you are so kind, please upload the firmaware, just let me remaind you, I cant access recovery, it shows me this message:
"An error has occurred while updating the device software...." I can only access the Odin Mode, It says thyat may current binary is Sansumg Official, the system status is Custom Frp lock is OFF and secure download ENABLE, Warranty Void: 1 (0x0304) and also RP swrev: Bynari: 2 K:1 S:0.
Please, you can´t even begging to imagine what im going through.
How will you uploaded? I dont have any server otr anything, google drive maybe? I dont know your choise. Please!, and thank you very much for your answer.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Shen Ron, google drive is possible? Is the only thing I could thinl of, If you have a beter way... please. It would be nice if everyone whit going trough my exact predicament can have acces to it if it works :D (I HOPE!)
Thanks again.
The rom I have is the complete stock version and the reason your getting errors is because your flashing a version that is below what your phone already had installed. And yes it is the US version for Metro PCS On5 devices. To make things easier I'll give the link to the website which also has the instructions in an hour or so

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
The rom I have is the complete stock version and the reason your getting errors is because your flashing a version that is below what your phone already had installed. And yes it is the US version for Metro PCS On5 devices. To make things easier I'll give the link to the website which also has the instructions in an hour or so
Ok ok... Thanks a lot Shen Ron, words cant express my gratitude. Thank you thank you... :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ok ok... Thanks a lot Shen Ron, words cant express my gratitude. Thank you thank you... :fingers-crossed:
I need to clarify something, did you update through the OTA update before any of the current problems began or tried flashing the new update directly. If you did update through OTA then that is the cause of your current predicament, this also happened to me before and I think it's a problem when you update your firmware through Metro PCS that occurs if your device had a custom recovery instead of the official one. Since the changes in the new firmware affects the boot and recovery which both would have been changed due to magisk and twrp. Go to this website http://stockromdownload.com/samsung-galaxy-on5-sm-g550t1-original-firmware/ follow ALL the instructions. If this does not work then get this firmware G550T1UVU2AQC4 from here: http://miraclesoftsolution.com/sm-g550t1-6-0-1-firmware/ and use the same instructions, if their are 4 different files they will have the name indicating where you should put them. Flash the second one first and if you boot and the phone is giving errors do the first one afterwards, then you can see what happens.

Last edited:

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
I need to clarify something, did you update through the OTA update before any of the current problems began or tried flashing the new update directly. If you did update through OTA then that is the cause of your current predicament, this also happened to me before and I think it's a problem when you update your firmware through Metro PCS that occurs if your device had a custom recovery instead of the official one. Since the changes in the new firmware affects the boot and recovery which both would have been changed due to magisk and twrp. Go to this website http://stockromdownload.com/samsung-galaxy-on5-sm-g550t1-original-firmware/ follow ALL the instructions. If this does not work then get this firmware G550T1UVU2AQC4 from here: http://miraclesoftsolution.com/sm-g550t1-6-0-1-firmware/ and use the same instructions, if their are 4 different files they will have the name indicating where you should put them. Flash the second one first and if you boot and the phone is giving errors do the first one afterwards, then you can see what happens.

Yes I did update through OTA

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida

Where should I find the frimware for his method?
http://stockromdownload.com/samsung-galaxy-on5-sm-g550t1-original-firmware/

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
So on this onehttp://stockromdownload.com/samsung-galaxy-on5-sm-g550t1-original-firmware/ do i use the same firmware i was tryng to intall in the firt place? The AP file? Restart anhd then flas the other ones?
You can flash the second one then reboot and see if everything works ok and if there is a problem at all, flash this one you would have just downloaded( DO NOT FLASH THE ONE YOU ALREADY HAD DOWNLOADED FROM MEDIAFIRE TO STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE) it is always best to try a new freshly downloaded file rather than the one you already have since you already experienced errors the first time.

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ok, disregard my last post didnt saw your last post. I meant was this: You are indicating me that I must install throug odin the AP file firts, if it works, I restart smartphone, then go to download mode again and instal the BL file? and the other two?
Flash all of the files that are there at the same time then reboot. If any problems occur after the flash when it boots up, then flash the new one that you originally tried the first time. Which you should have redownloaded.

davidzam

Apr 12, 2011
Mérida
You can flash the second one then reboot and see if everything works ok and if there is a problem at all, flash this one you would have just downloaded( DO NOT FLASH THE ONE YOU ALREADY HAD DOWNLOADED FROM MEDIAFIRE TO STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE) it is always best to try a new freshly downloaded file rather than the one you already have since you already experienced errors the first time.

I wont use the files I downloaded. I´ll try the ones you are leading me to. If you experienced the same problem as me, you must know the files, but unfortunately the link of the first page you gave me is down, so all that is left for me is to download the "alternative". How did you fix yours?

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
I wont use the files I downloaded. I´ll try the ones you are leading me to. If you experienced the same problem as me, you must know the files, but unfortunately the link of the first page you gave me is down, so all that is left for me is to download the "alternative". How did you fix yours?
When it happened to me I tried the previous firmware before I updated which gave me errors on my phone then I used the latest update with the March security patches which fixed everything. As long as you followed the instructions and flashed everything that is in the zip file. I'm still using the same firmware from this website http://miraclesoftsolution.com/sm-g550t1-6-0-1-firmware/ which right now it is not the latest one. Just make sure once you've confirmed that your phone is now functioning properly and you flash the latest twrp, BACKUP EVERYTHING and save it elsewhere, whether it is on a different SDcard or your laptop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Galaxy on5 is a pretty good phone for the price. Today I share my root method and debloated stock system backup for all to enjoy.

The version of TWRP I am linking to WAS NOT MADE BY ME. It is an official build of TWRP for our phone.
    To prepare the phone to be rooted you will need a few things:

1. Download ODIN from the following link: Download ODIN
    2. Download TWRP ODIN flashable TAR file for the on5 here: Download TWRP (It will say it is for T-Mobile only, but works on MetorPCS as well)
    3. Download SuperSU Latest Stable here: Download SuperSU
    4. Download Samsung Drivers if needed: Download Drivers

Once the above is downloaded you must then do the following:

1. On the phone goto Settings->About and tap "Build Number" 10 times to enable Developer Mode.
    2. Go to Settings->Developer Mode and select "Enable OEM Unlock"
    3. Then power off the device.
    4. With the device powered off hold "VOL-DOWN + HOME + PWR" until Download mode appears.
    5. Plug the phone into the computer and start ODIN with Administrator Rights.
    6. Open Odin and place that TWRP TAR file in the [AP] slot, under Options tab disable Auto Reboot, then press [Start]
    7. When ODIN says the flash is complete in the log window, pull the battery and put the battery back in.
    8. Before turning back on hold "VOL-UP + HOME + PWR" to enter recovery.
    9. Once in recovery go to Mount->Enable USB Mass Storage
    10. Copy the SuperSU zip to the phone's storage
    11. Disable USB Mass Storage
    12. Go to Backup->Start Backup to backup the phone IN CASE OF ISSUES!!
    13. Go to Install->Select SuperSU zip file and wait.
    14. Once done, reboot the phone and you should be good!

For the custom ROM, I will be posting the information, instructions, and downloads on my website LINKED HERE You will find the download at the bottom of that page. If you have issues please let me know.

1. Download the system image from the link above
    2. Extract the zip file to your external SD Card: (Example: Phone:\Ext_sd\TWRP\backups\)
    3. Reboot into recovery (vol-up+home+pwr
    4. Make sure System Read only is not enabled in Mount settings.
    5. Select "Restore" -> Select the Folder you just put on your external SD Card
    6. Wait for a few minutes.
    7. After that is done, go back to the recovery home
    8. Then select "Wipe"
    9. Select "Data", "Cache", and "Dalvick Cache", and "Internal Storage" ONLY (
    10. IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST CLEAR CACHE/DALVIK CACHE!!!!)
    11. Slide to wipe.
    12. Some users are reporting that you need to also restore DATA only from a stock ROM backup.
    13. Then reboot.
    14. Follow android setup as normal
    15. Profit.
    Heres some pix
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06L9HgxxhOZYkJjU29ObVRwbGM <--- Files for successful root. Including stock rom, metropcs flash files, supersu, debloated custom rom, kernals
    I know everyone has to start somewhere, but it helps to have a basic understanding of how to create a restore a nandroid backup.
    I can't post links yet but if you google "create and restore nandroid twrp" the howtogeek link has a good tutorial.
    Once you understand that you should have an easier time following the instructions given above.

Btw thanks for the upload, I'll be trying it out later today. Right now I'm using the cleanfactory.zip I like it but I hate having to go through the whole debloating process after I reflash my phone which I do a lot. Since I'm always tinkering with it.
    ey i'm lookin to debloat my g550t1 but i dont really want to lose everything to install the rom. is there any chance you'd be able to give a quick run down on what's safe to remove? if not that's cool, i realize it'd probably be fairly uninteresting to you and time consuming.

anyways thanks for the work! glad to see this phone getting more love. hope more good stuff comes in the future.
    What you van do here is boot into TWRP and make a backup of just your data, or a full backup if you want. Then restore thos rom (its only boot and system) then go to the backup you just made and them restore just the data. Thats what I did. You can delets all the knox apps. I did, then I went looking in all the folders and deleted anytbong that said knox in the name. I deleted a few security files and also beacon manager. If you dont get all the security files, you get a "unfortunatly security has stopped" eroor one time after boot.
    All the knox can go without any extra work..

I have busybox and adoptable storage will not work. If you can fix it cool, if not, still cool! Just wish I had a little bit more storage on here for apps.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using XDA-Developers mobile app