How to Root-

Flash Superuser.zip

Downloads-
Driver, adb tools, twrp,

Last edited by a moderator:

V1ncent9

Apr 10, 2015
nagpur
Yeah as long as this is for sd435.Also,can you confirm if the codename of Redmi 4 released in India is Santoni since I think you've the device?
This is really confusing decision by Xioami,they abandoned prada(Redmi 4 in China).

Yeah its actually called redmi 4 here but the processor is qualcom SD 435 2 gb ram 16 which is of redmi 4x so the 4x is called 4 here

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
Hello, is it possible to flash the baseband from Xiaomi Redmi 4X with band 20 (global variant?) to other Xiaomi Redmi 4X with 3MB 32GB as root with any tool to get band 20 ?

Or is it possible with "fastboot flash modem xyz" too ? But then the modem file must be existing separately ?

Last edited:

erwanPutra

Sep 4, 2016
out of topic but..

why 4x santoni doesn't have sub forum here? :confused:
4x have custom recovery but not much choice of custom rom, all i find from googling only lineage 13 and mokee, no other rom like ressurection remix, aosp, etc. hopefully will be more custom rom for redmi 4x in xda and not from other link

EB20XY

Jan 22, 2012
twrp + root

I installed twrp and rooted the device with suroot.
It works fine and even seems now be more smooth and has bit more free ram.

But if I will download from MIUI later a next official ROM (stable global ZIP) and flash it with "Method 1: System Update" (from here http://en.miui.com/a-232.html), will that update method still work now ? And what will be the result ? Have I bring twrp newly on the device then or root ?

d!mka

Sep 27, 2013
off top but....

4x have custom recovery but not much choice of custom rom, all i find from googling only lineage 13 and mokee, no other rom like ressurection remix, aosp, etc. hopefully will be more custom rom for redmi 4x in xda and not from other link

I have the same Q, I like MIUI rom, but the thing with notifications makes me think about android nougat every day....and I donna wanna to install lineage 13 or mokee, its android 6 :rolleyes:

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
I installed twrp and rooted the device with suroot.
It works fine and even seems now be more smooth and has bit more free ram.

But if I will download from MIUI later a next official ROM (stable global ZIP) and flash it with "Method 1: System Update" (from here http://en.miui.com/a-232.html), will that update method still work now ? And what will be the result ? Have I bring twrp newly on the device then or root ?

If you use the system update method in the page, it should work without any issues if you are using full ROM zip. But I guess it won't install Nightly builds.
After installing the full ROM image, you don't need to clear any data but you WILL LOSE ROOT ACCESS. You have to re-root after every system update.
Another thing, if you are using TWRP recovery to flash the system update, it will warn you that the system update will automatically flash stock recovery. So select the option to disable recovery flash. Otherwise, after system update you will again have MiRecovery.
If you are already using MiRecovery, then you don't need to worry about anything.
Hope I cleared your doubt. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer-
    Code:
    1 Follow Steps correctly,
    2. i am not Responsible for any Damage to your Device

version - 3.1
    based on 6.0 marshmallow

How to install-
    Unlock Bootloader, flash via Fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery 'file name with type'
    Ex. fastboot flash recovery twrp3-1xx.img

How to Root-

Flash Superuser.zip

Downloads-
    Driver, adb tools, twrp,

out of topic but..

Video tutorial for rooting redmi 4/4x
    I have the same Q, I like MIUI rom, but the thing with notifications makes me think about android nougat every day....and I donna wanna to install lineage 13 or mokee, its android 6 :rolleyes:

hey wait for few days , miui will launch nougat update for redmi4/4x soon in few days. The rom is in beta stage .thanks