[ROOT] [UNLOCK] [ANE-LX1/L01/L21] [Stock EMUI 8/9] P20 Lite

Search This thread

-Alf-

since now i can only boot to twrp and fastboot mode how do i know the model and region?
In fastboot mode run commands:
fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

Or, download eRecovery_ramdisk EMUI 9.1 link and flash it in TWRP instead TWRP

khal_nayak

May 27, 2006
Sharjah
tried eRecovery variant and it just tries to gather package information and then fails with a red exclamation mark so trying the dload method, currently i just want it back working with factory lock or complete erase, dont have any data to worry about, i also have the unlock code from huawei so can unlock the bootloader again

khal_nayak

May 27, 2006
Sharjah
finally managed to get the device working using service rom, thanks a ton, only issue is to have to go through multiple firmware upgrades from hisuite to the latest version, is there any way to create dload package using the latest rom which hisuite downloads and installs so i can keep that incase something else goes wrong in the future?

-Alf-

only issue is to have to go through multiple firmware upgrades from hisuite to the latest version,
I know, unfortunately, there's only 9.1.0.200 build for free on androidhost.ru.( you can buy .355 build on paid websites).
is there any way to create dload package using the latest rom which hisuite downloads
No way. But this method should work
https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-back-to-stock-from-custom-variant.4340543/

gh0stza

@khal_nayak

This is why the stock eRecovery is so usefull. The stock eRecovery has the ability to connect to wifi and download the 'latest' stock firmware from huawei directly and flash that to fix a bootloop.

As long as you use the twrp provided here on this thread it should never freeze unless you wipe the data partition with a higher version (> 3.4.0 ).

So as long as twrp is working (like you said it did), you can reflash the old eRecovery, then reboot into the stock eRecovery and download the stock firmware from there.

As far as the rom goes. Here's what you do to get a backup of the newest firmware.

Install it via HiSuite
Then while it's downloading, you can find the downloaded files, by default, in %HOME%\Documents\HiSuite\ROM\

So go to your documents folder then in the Hisuite\ROM folder. Then wait for the download to finish, then while it's installing on your phone, copy the folder to any other location. This is because HiSuite automatically deletes the ROM once it's been successfully installed on your phone. So you have to copy it before it finishes installing on your phone (and after it's been downloaded, if that's not obvious).

BOOM, there you go, a backup of the ROM you just installed using HiSuite.
You can install this ROM only using HiSuite, or at least that's the only way I've found so far. So in Hisuite, just before it tries to download this ROM, you copy it into the same folder %HOME%\Documents\HiSuite\ROM\
Then go Next, at this point it doesn't have to download it, cuz it's already there.

HiSuite does perform a CRC check, so HiSuite won't flash a damaged or 'half-downloaded' ROM, if HiSuite does determine that the ROM you copied is damaged, it will delete that folder and restart the download. So HiSuite protects your phone from getting a faulty ROM

You can also use this rom to manually flash single images, like the eRecovery or regular recovery with the boot.img embedded.
You can NOT use these files for a dload. (or I should rather say, i dunno how to compile these files into a dload'able zip file, but it should theoretically be possible).

Last edited:

gh0stza

Can you explain this in detail, especially regarding "boot.img"? Thank you. :cool:

Why?, you already understand it.

In fact you understand it better then me, so why don't you explain it?

I'm using your recovery that I just patched to magisk v23. When I use the stock recovery and patch that, I end up in a bootloop too. So, that's why I'm saying you understand the embedded boot.img better then me, so you explain that part.

Maybe I'll learn something new too.

If you just mean, I should give code examples then:

-> After extracting the images from the UPDATE.APP file in the HiSuite download folder
->From fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk "recovery_ramdisk.img"
fastboot flash vbmeta "vbmeta.img"
fastboot flash system "system.img"

Last edited:

-Alf-

Why?, you already understand it.

In fact you understand it better then me, so why don't you explain it?

I'm using your recovery that I just patched to magisk v23. When I use the stock recovery and patch that, I end up in a bootloop too. So, that's why I'm saying you understand the embedded boot.img better then me, so you explain that part.

Maybe I'll learn something new too.

If you just mean, I should give code examples then:

-> After extracting the images from the UPDATE.APP file in the HiSuite download folder
->From fastboot
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk "recovery_ramdisk.img"
fastboot flash vbmeta "vbmeta.img"
fastboot flash system "system.img"
I'm just wondering what you mean by "boot.img", that's all. Because we don't have a 'boot' partition on Huawei since Android 8.
Nvm...

gh0stza

But the boot.img is in the recovery partition, that's basically what I meant.

But, please tell me how you made that recovery. I've wanted to ask you way back when I first posted but totally forgot about it. Which recovery is that and how did you manage to make it work. I mean like from what firmware is it and did you have to do anything specific to get it to boot successfully?.

-Alf-

But the boot.img is in the recovery partition,
No bro, as I said before :
- Nougat = boot.img
- Oreo = kernel.img & ramdisk.img & recovery_ramdisk
- Pie = kernel.img & recovery_ramdisk.img (ramdisk is included in the recovery_ramdisk, that's why we need patched recovery_ramdisk to get Magisk root).
But, please tell me how you made that recovery. I've wanted to ask you way back when I first posted but totally forgot about it. Which recovery is that and how did you manage to make it work.I mean like from what firmware is it and did you have to do anything specific to get it to boot successfully?.
I'm not sure I fully understand your question...

gh0stza

I was asking how you made that recovery_ramdisk. Which firmware's ramdisk is it and exactly what steps did you follow to patch it. Like I said in the previous post, your recovery_ramdisk is the only one that boots, using any EMUI9 stock recovery_ramdisk and patching that results in a bootloop

Or it results in a failed root, so it boots but no root when in the android. So no magisk app and even when u manually install magisk in android it still says not installed.

Last edited:

gh0stza

Yeah, I can't even remember from which post I got this one. But it was one of yours, and it was originally patched to magisk v21.

I tried to create a new one giving magisk the recovery_ramdisk.img from whatever rom I was using but both ways of installing magisk;
1. By installing the magisk apk renamed to zip(from whithin twrp) and
2. Manually patching the recovery_ramdisk.img from within magisk in android and then flashing that with fastboot.

But both ways on ALLLL EMUI9 ROMS results in either a bootloop or a failed root, where it says "not installed".

So basically only your recovery_ramdisk.img gets me a successfull root with magisk. I can't use the recovery_ramdisk.img from any stock rom and patch that.

I hope you understand what im trying to say.

-Alf-

Yeah, I can't even remember from which post I got this one. But it was one of yours, and it was originally patched to magisk v21.

I tried to create a new one giving magisk the recovery_ramdisk.img from whatever rom I was using but both ways of installing magisk; by installing the magisk apk renamed to zip(from whithin twrp) and manually patching the recovery_ramdisk.img from within magisk in android and then flashing that with fastboot. But both ways on ALLLL EMUI9 ROMS results in either a bootloop or a failed root, where it says "not installed".

So basically only your recovery_ramdisk.img gets me a successfull root with magisk. I can't use the recovery_ramdisk.img from any stock rom and patch that.

Simply install Magisk manager apk (no .zip, no TWRP etc.), for example 23.0 version https://mega.nz/file/go0m2RiR#M5UTv6FPjWPtDaGPr-u2tpJMCwdf8uwnniZg69LiGfw
Copy to the SD card stock recovery_ramdisk.
Open Mag.manager apk, and step by step:
- Magisk > Install - 'Recovery mode' > Next > mark 'Select and patch...' - find your recovery_ramdisk file > Let's go > 'Flashing...' 'Done'.

Magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file copy to SD card. Boot into TWRP and flash it instead Recovery_ramdisk.
(Or flash it in fastboot mode. )
Reboot into Recovery to get root.

Reactions: ANE-LX1

gh0stza

I tried that, that exact process you mentioned
Simply install Magisk manager apk (no .zip, no TWRP etc.), for example 23.0 version https://mega.nz/file/go0m2RiR#M5UTv6FPjWPtDaGPr-u2tpJMCwdf8uwnniZg69LiGfw
- Magisk > Install - 'Recovery mode' > Next > mark 'Select and patch...' - find your recovery_ramdisk file > Let's go > 'Flashing...' 'Done'.

, it results in a failed root, every time.

The recovery_ramdisk IS def patched, from magisk when I try to patch the already-patched file again it says magisk patched boot.img found. But, it doesnt matter, magisk still says not installed. Your recovery_ramdisk was the only one that gives me root.

It's weird, i know, but that's how it is.

Repatching your ramdisk worked though, so that's wny I thought you modified it somehow

-Alf-

Yes, it is...
it says magisk patched boot.img found
Now I know why you mentioned boot.img :)
This will patch the boot.img from recovery_ramdisk.img with magisk v23
But I've already talked about that...

Okay, you can try to patch "my" recovery_ramdisk , I'm a little curious about that myself.

And what says fastboot about your phone?

fastboot oem oeminforead-BASE_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-PRELOAD_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-hotainfo
Can you post the results?

Isn't the phone rebranded from C(ZAF185) to C(185) ?

Last edited:

gh0stza

Yes, it is...

Now I know why you mentioned boot.img :)

But I've already talked about that...

Okay, you can try to patch "my" recovery_ramdisk , I'm a little curious about that myself.

And what says fastboot about your phone?

fastboot oem oeminforead-BASE_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-PRELOAD_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-hotainfo
Can you post the results?

Isn't the phone rebranded from C(ZAF185) to C(185) ?

Results:

Code:
F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.355(C185E4R1P8)
OKAY [  0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.007s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) ANE-LX1
OKAY [  0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.006s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/meafnaf
Finished. Total time: 0.006s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1-CUST 9.1.0.4(C185)
OKAY [  0.008s]
Finished. Total time: 0.009s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.132(C185E3R1P8)
OKAY [  0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem oeminforead-BASE_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.355
OKAY [  0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem oeminforead-PRELOAD_VERSION
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1-PRELOAD 9.1.0.8(C185R1)
OKAY [  0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.007s

F:\Root Projects\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot oem oeminforead-hotainfo
(bootloader) hotainfo_len:0x0000004E
(bootloader) "C_version":"C185","D_version":"D000","BoardID":
(bootloader) "4970","DeviceName":"ANE-L01",
OKAY [  0.011s]
Finished. Total time: 0.012s

BTW: the SYSTEM_VERSION would explain to me why it KEEPS asking for a upgrade to 355, but I'm already ON 355

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANE-LX1
    ANE-LX1 9.1.0.390(C185E7R1P8)
    Okay, you can try eRecovery variant, or download Service ROM and flash it via dload method. This process will erase all your data ane will lock the bootloader again.
    Also you can try flash some GSI ROM to get it back to working , flash in fastboot mode.

I tried to create a new one giving magisk the recovery_ramdisk.img from whatever rom I was using but both ways of installing magisk; by installing the magisk apk renamed to zip(from whithin twrp) and manually patching the recovery_ramdisk.img from within magisk in android and then flashing that with fastboot. But both ways on ALLLL EMUI9 ROMS results in either a bootloop or a failed root, where it says "not installed".

Magisk_patched_xxxxxx.img file copy to SD card. Boot into TWRP and flash it instead Recovery_ramdisk.
    (Or flash it in fastboot mode. )
    Reboot into Recovery to get root.
    I mean like from what firmware is it
    It doesn't matter, Recovery & eRecovery is the same for all EMUI 9.1 builds and for ANE, BND and LLD models.
    Go: root/data/data , here you can identify applications (or use another method).
    The applications themselves are at several addresses:
    - Data/hw_init/preload/app
    - System/app
    - System/priv-app
    - Product/app

You must restart your phone when you have finished editing.
    A mi sí me aparece la opción,
    ¿Es su sistema igual al mío? [ADJUNTAR=completo]5512705[/ADJUNTAR]
    In English only!