• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Root / Unlocked Bootloader - Firmware Updates, question.

Search This thread

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Hello.
I have a few questions about firmware (MIUI) updates on a root device with an unlocked bootloader and stock ROM.
I know that when the bootloader is unlocked and the device is rooted, OTAs updates don't work.

1. Where can I find that a new version of the miui firmware has been released ? Link please.
2. What should the update file look like? size, file type.
3. How is the new firmware updated? method please.
4. So if the above mentioned firmware update can be installed, I ask if everything in the device remains the same, applications, data, etc.?

That's all I wanted to ask, thank you very much.

hexisg

Feb 5, 2015
Look for xiaomifirmwareupdate on google.
On that site you will find latest firmware files for alioth PocoF3/redmi k40.
You will have a small file ~300mb.You update using TWRP.Just flash the archive and wipe cache.

Reactions: Quaicheist

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
I don't have twrp.
I'm following a topic about twrp, it's still an alpha version and from what I've read, it's still fully inoperable and backups and restores not work.

I thought that the firmware update (zip) could flash normally from the system, from the phone environment, where the updates are managed.

hexisg

Feb 5, 2015
I don't have twrp.
I'm following a topic about twrp, it's still an alpha version and from what I've read, it's still fully inoperable and backups and restores not work.

I thought that the firmware update (zip) could flash normally from the system, from the phone environment, where the updates are managed.
It works for firmware update.You cannot update the firmware from within android.
You could use fastboot to flash the images of the firmware one by one .

LiNe1771

Dec 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
I don't have twrp.

Idk what u read.. Backups and restore work perfectly, I just did one backup and restore 2 days ago.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Idk what u read.. Backups and restore work perfectly, I just did one backup and restore 2 days ago.
It is interesting that you can back up and restore.
There were two questions in the topic about whether backup and restore worked and no one was able to answer. It is an official topic and it should be heard there that it can be fully backed up and restored.

Greenspoof

May 28, 2020
Belgique
I already have Twrp.
Before the backup, did you check what specifically to make the recovery fully functional?
You can simply download the OTA, install it manually within the official updater (click the three dot when you're in the update app and choose manual install, then select the OTA in your file manager). After update is installed, DO NOT REBOOT DIRECTLY. Go then on magisk, click on install and choose the OTA way. Don't remember the exact word because my Magisk is in french. By this way, Magisk will install himself on the other partition (a or b, depends of your current partition in the moment of the update) so after the OTA, you will keep Magisk. It's possible because Poco f3 has 2 partition, a and b. On some phone, you have only one partition so you can't do this way.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
But I asked what all needs to be checked in twrp recovery in order to back it up.

Of course, thank you for the above instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look for xiaomifirmwareupdate on google.
    On that site you will find latest firmware files for alioth PocoF3/redmi k40.
    You will have a small file ~300mb.You update using TWRP.Just flash the archive and wipe cache.