Burdwan
How to Root/Magisk IND Pie Version

*****Unlock your Boot-Loader 1st then Follow the Steps.*****

Open "Settings"
Go to "General" Tab
down to "About phone-->Common"
Continue to "Software info"
Look at "Software version" :- V20f-IND-XX or V20f-IND-XX

Warning: You have to choose the correct firmware version otherwise you may end up with Boot loop.There are Several IND firmware versions like V10g/i/w/l/n/p/t/x (Oreo Version, Update to Pie V20f then proceed , Otherwise you may experience boot loop).

Warning: There are several 20f version on this forum ;Do not use other firmware version on IND version. You may end up with Boot loop. This is only for the INDIAN firmware EMW. Other firmwares are not supported. So Here your Firmware Version is IND 20f.

**16/04/2020 New Firmware Version V20n-IND-XX

Thanks to @LameMonster82

Download
*** Latest 16/04/2020 raw G710EMW-IND-XXX.Kdz of IND-PIE.(Don't need to download if you already using the latest version)
*** Magisk Manager.
*** Latest 16/04/2020 raw boot.img of IND-PIE.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tzQFiQA9CmnynYkXyHGtnRhCY-dvfZ4a

Old raw boot.img of Ind-Pie.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tzQFiQA9CmnynYkXyHGtnRhCY-dvfZ4a

Steps :-
1) Copy Magisk Manager, Boot.img to your phone.
2) Install Magisk Manager.
3) Patch Boot.img file with magisk.
4) magisk patched boot.img will be placed in download folder in phone.
5) Copy this to the fastboot directory in your computer.
6) Switch off phone.
7) Press and hold volume down button, connect USB Cable.
8) Phone will boot into fastboot mode.
9) Then type cmd in your fastboot folder and Command Prompt Open.
https://imgur.com/QW4YNKQ

Final Step)
type
fastboot flash boot_a magisk patched file.img
and
fastboot flash boot_b magisk patched file.img

:highfive: Boot your phone pressing Power button and you'll gain Root Access. :highfive:

You May rename the magisk patched file to boot_a.img and boot_b.img, its upto you.

Common Questions:-

1) I cant Download OTA , What to do?
Ans:- Its normal, those who are rooted here cant updated directly,wait for Official release in lg website and my post or follow https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-k10/how-to/guide-downloading-kdz-lg-bridge-t3504497!
***Do not magisk the same old-raw boot.img with updated firmware.***

2)Why some Apps like Tata-Sky, Google pay, Zomato, Paytm not supported ?
Ans:- Go to -->Magisk-->Magisk Hide-->Tick the apps that causes problem
https://imgur.com/GYk0nbw

3) How to Debloat some garbage like movies, sheets, slides, LG health etc ?
Ans:-Well! Its upto you what you like or dislike , but I'll recommend to uninstall drive (its upto u, my case no needs),duo,docs,sheets,slides,gmusic,gvideos---> and remove entire content ..260mb+ profit
For System App & Pre installed user app remover I recommend Multi tasking app called SD Maid Pro
After Installing go to overview --gain root access--go to settings--app control--tick include system app and --back to app control
Here u can find Some garbages like LG smart world(if u need wallpaper ,theme etc dont uninstall),lg health,Email,lgcloud,quickhelp,pocket adviser .
:good: Click the app , Scrool down to Delete/Uninstall,restart.

Enjoy Rooting :good:

Last edited:

akki7636

Apr 5, 2015
Hisar
@chirantantab Thanks for the guide , what i was thinking that , if we can use European pie ( 710em ) in our indian G7 emw. Right now the only problem is if we use euro pie , we ll lose volte. But i think if we are rooted and can change system files then we can enable volte ( as i did in my international LG g5 )

Benefit of this is that we dont have to wait for release of indian updates.
Let me know if you can try by flashing euro pie .
To figure out , how to enable volte in international rom , search for my thread in google with " Lg g5 volte fix "

chirantantab

Sep 19, 2013
Burdwan
@chirantantab Thanks for the guide , what i was thinking that , if we can use European pie ( 710em ) in our indian G7 emw. Right now the only problem is if we use euro pie , we ll lose volte. But i think if we are rooted and can change system files then we can enable volte ( as i did in my international LG g5 )

Benefit of this is that we dont have to wait for release of indian updates.
Let me know if you can try by flashing euro pie .
To figure out , how to enable volte in international rom , search for my thread in google with " Lg g5 volte fix "
Yah !! I understand .. The only headache is downloading 3.5GB ROM ,not about data ..but time sucks! IND version VoLTE works well with root access!! Thats why i choose to stay IND Pie !! I have had a bad experience in EU Pie :D

Reactions: nexisnp and gsvbdwn

chirantantab

Sep 19, 2013
Burdwan
Reactions: darkrage504

asaditya379

Apr 19, 2016
Can you tell a fellow Indian on how to unlock bootloader on LG G7 EMW? I did read enough and also saw you refer to octoplus but i wanted to resort to that as the last option where I'll have to pay for doing this unlocking process. Would you mind sharing other possibilities?

chirantantab

Sep 19, 2013
Burdwan
Can you tell a fellow Indian on how to unlock bootloader on LG G7 EMW? I did read enough and also saw you refer to octoplus but i wanted to resort to that as the last option where I'll have to pay for doing this unlocking process. Would you mind sharing other possibilities?
Unfortunately I don't know other methods may/may not apply

can u please provide qcn backup 710eaw indian version 6+128
I dont have eaw version/6gb version. u can ask in telegram group