[ROOT] [UPDATE 16042020][LG-G710EMW IND PIE] [Magisk 19+]

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
Can anyone tell me how to get Widewine L1 certification back on device. I unlocked bootloader with V35 engineer mode fastboot. and got root. I wanted to get back to stock, hence flash back full KDZ and relocked bootloader. but Widewine is still showing L3. Now HDR is gone from netflix. And doesnt play more than 480p on my device.

ocorner543

Apr 17, 2015
@chirantantab Is it safe to ota update with just unlocked bootloader? I'm currently rooted with magisk and i got this March OTA. Will i be fine if i just unroot and restore stock boot image via Magisk Manager and install this ota or do i need to flash the new firmware (G710EMW-IND-XXX.Kdz) altogether and root again with new boot image file that you have provided?

Last edited:

chirantantab

Sep 19, 2013
Burdwan
Can anyone tell me how to get Widewine L1 certification back on device. I unlocked bootloader with V35 engineer mode fastboot. and got root. I wanted to get back to stock, hence flash back full KDZ and relocked bootloader. but Widewine is still showing L3. Now HDR is gone from netflix. And doesnt play more than 480p on my device.
I never relocke yet! I think Netflix issue is not associated with root!! marvel shows work on g7 HDR.. try youtube ,then decide!

@chirantantab Is it safe to ota update with just unlocked bootloader? I'm currently rooted with magisk and i got this March OTA. Will i be fine if i just unroot and restore stock boot image via Magisk Manager and install this ota or do i need to flash the new firmware (G710EMW-IND-XXX.Kdz) altogether and root again with new boot image file that you have provided?
once you unlock bootloader u cant update via OTA , but using lg bridge u can update root/non-root!!

Just use lg bridge to update---then magisk to root agian simple!! (in this case uninstall previous installed magisk manager and reinstall a fresh start)
or
download .kdz file from the link/official then using lgup upgrade then magisk ..
I think the Lg bridge is the best option.

Reactions: nexisnp

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
I never relocke yet! I think Netflix issue is not associated with root!! marvel shows work on g7 HDR.. try youtube ,then decide!

once you unlock bootloader u cant update via OTA , but using lg bridge u can update root/non-root!!

Just use lg bridge to update---then magisk to root agian simple!! (in this case uninstall previous installed magisk manager and reinstall a fresh start)
or
download .kdz file from the link/official then using lgup upgrade then magisk ..
Once the bootloader is unlocked widewine certification will change to L3 which in turn doesn't let videos from Netflix, Amazon, hotstar to play more than 480p. And HDR won't work.
However in all the phones relocking bootloader will bring back widewine to L1 again. But not in LG G7.

YouTube doesn't require this certification to play videos in HDR or 1440p.

ocorner543

Apr 17, 2015

or
I've read somewhere that lg bridge isn't safe for ota on unlocked bootlaoder. But anyway, i think i'll go with the lgup route since i've used the same method when i first used it to unlock the bootloader (by downgrading the firmware to ULM firmware method, and yes i'm currently on V20f-IND-XX don't worry, haha!) and pretty much comfortable with it.
Thank you so much for the heads-up mate. :)

ocorner543

Apr 17, 2015
@chirantantab So android 10 for G7 is just around the corner and it would be having a new bootloader. Do you think this method will still work since i had unlocked it's bootloader using cross flash method by ULM firmware?