ROOT via CF-Auto-Root [SuperSU]

Search This thread

Migamix

Still on a pixel xl 1. So sorry if thos is off base, but has anyone tried to use our method on this phone? Boot to the twrp image then flash Chainfires latest SU?

I am guessing it is TWRP that fails?

been reading and trying to follow some of the devs on this device, there are some changes that are making it troublesome for them, they are making progress with drivers loading at boot time and other init's, but this seems to be on major factor on the wait.
my phone works, i need my phone working at all times, so, ill continue to follow and wait for tried/true/tested work from all of the devs. some of them haven't even received their phones yet, so.. patience. it will happen. oh yes. it will.
so, dont expect me to even attempt this old method.

Flexia32

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
been reading and trying to follow some of the devs on this device, there are some changes that are making it troublesome for them, they are making progress with drivers loading at boot time and other init's, but this seems to be on major factor on the wait.
my phone works, i need my phone working at all times, so, ill continue to follow and wait for tried/true/tested work from all of the devs. some of them haven't even received their phones yet, so.. patience. it will happen. oh yes. it will.
so, dont expect me to even attempt this old method.

What devs are working on the Pixel 2?

Migamix

immediately, and already, Dees Troy (TWRP) and Flar2, discovering some of the driver loading issues at init. have a look at their G+ threads. there are some others i have run across but cant recall source atm, are working on the P2XL, and others that are trying to work on it in theory, but dont have the device yet. i will basically say, dont expect full craziness :silly: and full on positive :good: work to be done until they get there devices and the gestalt dev minds are at work, could be late November. still, if you look at TWRP alpha already released, its broken, and Dees states this, simply because there is a mix of workarounds needed now to get some of the security measures google has placed in the new device to stop conflicting/overwriting with dev/owners desires.
not to mention this post from dees on his G+, sorry dees
"I look forward to the day when Google releases factory images, kernel source, and device configuration files before the devices arrive. #teampixel #teamwin #twrp "

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I generated Chainfire`s CF-Auto-Root, so you can try use it.

1. Download and unpack CFAR-taimen-default.zip.
    2. Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
    3. Install standart fastboot drivers.
    4. Run "root.bat" file.
    This batch file unlock your bootloader (if it`s not) and boot modified kernel.
    Wait, when device automaticaly reboot. Then just install SuperSU apk.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4acSOboIe6RQXpYNVp5NXJ1Ync

I do not give any guarantees of it. If it causes bootloop - flash factory image.
    Tell me if it works.
    Maybe it's just me but I feel like the title of this should be changed because it could be a bit misleading for many people. There is also already a topic for WIP Magisk so we shouldn't split topics on trying to get root into several areas.

lol. there are lots of posts from people who have no clue what they're doing, posting guides like they know what they're doing. and just as many who don't have the device, saying 'try this!'

i dunno if any REAL devs even got this device or have any interest, seems like no.

but seriously, like we didn't try cf-auto-root yet? lol. lol...
    immediately, and already, Dees Troy (TWRP) and Flar2, discovering some of the driver loading issues at init. have a look at their G+ threads. there are some others i have run across but cant recall source atm, are working on the P2XL, and others that are trying to work on it in theory, but dont have the device yet. i will basically say, dont expect full craziness :silly: and full on positive :good: work to be done until they get there devices and the gestalt dev minds are at work, could be late November. still, if you look at TWRP alpha already released, its broken, and Dees states this, simply because there is a mix of workarounds needed now to get some of the security measures google has placed in the new device to stop conflicting/overwriting with dev/owners desires.
    not to mention this post from dees on his G+, sorry dees
    "I look forward to the day when Google releases factory images, kernel source, and device configuration files before the devices arrive. #teampixel #teamwin #twrp "
    Magisk and CF Auto Root are 2 different things but I do agree this one should be removed or even say WIP.
    Boot to TWRP just fails in Fastboot. It just reboots the phone to bootloader. ?