ROOT via CF-Auto-Root [SuperSU]

Search This thread

Displax

Jan 19, 2015
Ukraine - Kyiv
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I generated Chainfire`s CF-Auto-Root, so you can try use it.

1. Download and unpack CFAR-taimen-default.zip.
2. Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
3. Install standart fastboot drivers.
4. Run "root.bat" file.
This batch file unlock your bootloader (if it`s not) and boot modified kernel.
Wait, when device automaticaly reboot. Then just install SuperSU apk.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4acSOboIe6RQXpYNVp5NXJ1Ync

I do not give any guarantees of it. If it causes bootloop - flash factory image.
Tell me if it works.

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
I'm pretty sure chainfire retired and we will have to wait for magisk now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app

And the magisk Dev just finally got the pixel one, so we maybe waiting awhile. I was thinking we might want to start a fund for either him or goodwin_c he's the one who built the unofficial versions of magisk most of this year for our og pixels. I have talked to him and he doesn't plan on getting one.

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country
Firmware.mobi (Chainfire's site) has an option to automatically generate and download a CFAR package. Was the OP generated using this site? If not, someone should try that route.

Never mind. It was. Ignore me.

Reactions: tjxddt

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Still on a pixel xl 1. So sorry if thos is off base, but has anyone tried to use our method on this phone? Boot to the twrp image then flash Chainfires latest SU?

I am guessing it is TWRP that fails?

THEbigSWEEN

Mar 5, 2012
Apparently CCMT has been running SuperSU for the last couple years anyways: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/03/chainfire-announces-end-involvement-supersu/

So it's possible that the CCMT team will update SuperSU for Pixel 2 devices.

They bought it a couple years ago, but Chainfire's still been actively developing with them, until the beginning of October when he finally "quit". He's still going to consult until the end of February though, so there might still be hope that he will be able to assist and speed things up for us! XDA Article About It Here

Not So Pro

Jan 4, 2013
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the title of this should be changed because it could be a bit misleading for many people. There is also already a topic for WIP Magisk so we shouldn't split topics on trying to get root into several areas.

Deuces

Jun 4, 2009
Houston
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the title of this should be changed because it could be a bit misleading for many people. There is also already a topic for WIP Magisk so we shouldn't split topics on trying to get root into several areas.

lol. there are lots of posts from people who have no clue what they're doing, posting guides like they know what they're doing. and just as many who don't have the device, saying 'try this!'

i dunno if any REAL devs even got this device or have any interest, seems like no.

but seriously, like we didn't try cf-auto-root yet? lol. lol...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I generated Chainfire`s CF-Auto-Root, so you can try use it.

1. Download and unpack CFAR-taimen-default.zip.
    2. Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
    3. Install standart fastboot drivers.
    4. Run "root.bat" file.
    This batch file unlock your bootloader (if it`s not) and boot modified kernel.
    Wait, when device automaticaly reboot. Then just install SuperSU apk.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4acSOboIe6RQXpYNVp5NXJ1Ync

I do not give any guarantees of it. If it causes bootloop - flash factory image.
    Tell me if it works.

lol. there are lots of posts from people who have no clue what they're doing, posting guides like they know what they're doing. and just as many who don't have the device, saying 'try this!'

i dunno if any REAL devs even got this device or have any interest, seems like no.

but seriously, like we didn't try cf-auto-root yet? lol. lol...
    What devs are working on the Pixel 2?
    immediately, and already, Dees Troy (TWRP) and Flar2, discovering some of the driver loading issues at init. have a look at their G+ threads. there are some others i have run across but cant recall source atm, are working on the P2XL, and others that are trying to work on it in theory, but dont have the device yet. i will basically say, dont expect full craziness :silly: and full on positive :good: work to be done until they get there devices and the gestalt dev minds are at work, could be late November. still, if you look at TWRP alpha already released, its broken, and Dees states this, simply because there is a mix of workarounds needed now to get some of the security measures google has placed in the new device to stop conflicting/overwriting with dev/owners desires.
    not to mention this post from dees on his G+, sorry dees
    "I look forward to the day when Google releases factory images, kernel source, and device configuration files before the devices arrive. #teampixel #teamwin #twrp "
    Magisk and CF Auto Root are 2 different things but I do agree this one should be removed or even say WIP.
    Boot to TWRP just fails in Fastboot. It just reboots the phone to bootloader. ?