• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][Video] Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014

Search This thread

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009

I think the patch somehow makes the phone go into LTE/CDMA with gsm sim inserted. I am gonna leave this for tonight lol. I guess if everyone says it works outside USA with no issues then it should be ok.

It shouldn't cause any issues that I flashed Moto M firmware right? I don't see anything different everything seems to be the same.

SublimeFoxTheater

Apr 6, 2015
I messed up my phone and had to reflash but it failed every time.

Don't know if it's mentioned here but the way I finally got it to work was uninstalled rsd lite and installed a newer version.

Version 6.1.6 seems to work but earlier ones failed every time.

Thanks to sd_shadow and hydrogen peroxode guy my phone is recovered, rooted, and good to go this weekend.

Great work guys, I love this phone but having root makes it a million times better.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I messed up my phone and had to reflash but it failed every time.

Don't know if it's mentioned here but the way I finally got it to work was uninstalled rsd lite and installed a newer version.

Version 6.1.6 seems to work but earlier ones failed every time.

Thanks to sd_shadow and hydrogen peroxode guy my phone is recovered, rooted, and good to go this weekend.

Great work guys, I love this phone but having root makes it a million times better.

you have M or Luge? did you flash "M" Firmware if you have Luge? I did on one of these and will be doing it now on second one.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I have an m and flashed the luge image to it.

It has much faster and quieter boot animation and more modern icons.

Lolz well that is something I wouldn't expect anyone to do :D so if I flashed M firmware onto Luge it shouldn't make any difference? you think?
I am going to Europe and giving these 2 as a gift (luge rooted w/moto m firmware)

The thing I can't figure out is why it won't roam using my international sims from Poland (my note4 roams on AT&T or T-Mobile with Polish sim card)

Could it be because AT&T and T-Mobile are supposed to be blocked on this phone?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I have an m and flashed the luge image to it.

It has much faster and quieter boot animation and more modern icons.
Which FXZ are you calling the Luge firmware,?all I can find are M
183.45.15 - VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml
183.45.15 - VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml
183.45.10 - .VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml

SublimeFoxTheater

Apr 6, 2015
I dunno I have since deleted it but here is a screenshot of my "about phone" now that I have flashed:

jqg60h.png

My phone was a Razr M purchased through a contract in 2012 before the Luge renaming, but now it says Luge, has modern camera icon instead of rangefinder one, and stock background and boot animation are much different. So are the sounds.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I dunno I have since deleted it but here is a screenshot of my "about phone" now that I have flashed:

jqg60h.png

My phone was a Razr M purchased through a contract in 2012 before the Luge renaming, but now it says Luge, has modern camera icon instead of rangefinder one, and stock background and boot animation are much different. So are the sounds.

Lol you flashed firmware that is not rootable this is the firmware I came from on the luge lmao. Care to share which files you flashed? or if you did root then tell me how because on this firmware I could not(either way tell me which files you used) :D

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Lol you flashed firmware that is not rootable this is the firmware I came from on the luge lmao. Care to share which files you flashed? or if you did root then tell me how because on this firmware I could not(either way tell me which files you used) :D
The Luge firmware is rootable, several have reported that Hydrogen root works, but for some reason Hydrogen fails with some devices M and Luge alike, the fix is to wipe data and/or flash firmware.
flashing the Luge firmware on a Luge would be prefered, but I was unaware that the Luge firmware was available.
Motorola does not normally make their firmware available to the public, but Motorola Firmware servers have been searchable for several years, by some clever hackers, who then share their finds with us.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

jqg60h.png

Do you remember what site you downloaded it from?

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
The Luge firmware is rootable, several have reported that Hydrogen root works, but for some reason Hydrogen fails with some devices M and Luge alike, the fix is to wipe data and/or flash firmware.
flashing the Luge firmware on a Luge would be prefered, but I was unaware that the Luge firmware was available.
Motorola does not normally make their firmware available to the public, but Motorola Firmware servers have been searchable for several years, by some clever hackers, who then share their finds with us.

Yea it makes sence but with my luges they would get stuck on recovery with your script so I had to flash M firmware,which is fine as long as it works. Like you saw previous pics it just won't boot to recovery at all (stuck on that red triangle) but because of you also I know how to proper reset with RSDlite so it's all good.

Inside the 2 luges there were Verizon prepaid sims not activated and they pick up signal right away so I know that sim functionalty works just fine and should be good in Europe, if anything goes wrong I can contact you when I am in Europe before i give them away? cheers!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Factory Reset - Powered Off

• Ensure the device is powered off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up button for 2-3 seconds then press and release the Power button.
  • From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume Up button then press and release the Power button.
  • Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Note Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  • Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  • Select reboot system now.
    Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    Note To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Reactions: middle_road

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
  • Ensure the device is powered off.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up button for 2-3 seconds then press and release the Power button.
  • From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume Up button then press and release the Power button.
  • Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Note Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  • Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  • Select reboot system now.
    Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
    Note To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

[*]From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume Up button then press and release the Power button.

Yup here is the thing no matter what I do the red exclamation point stays tried multiple things.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Rooting 185.45.10 (Luge)

I may make a separate thread for this later.
I do not have a Luge, so I have not tested this.
  • Rooting the Luge should work just as good as the Razr M
    Which means factory reset and/or flashing firmware may be necessary, like the Razr M.
  • Try my modified Hydrogen_PEROXIDE_1_0_0_5.For.Luge.185.45.10
    Only thing I changed is the recovery.img which seems to be different from the M.
    watch my video in post #1
  • Or you can use the original Hydrogen_PEROXIDE_1_0_0_5
    If the Stock recovery does not work after rooting.
    Then flash the recovery.img with mfastboot.exe
    see [GUIDE][FAQ][KK] How to Root, Boot Unlock & More by ATTACK
    4. RESTORING / UPGRADING STOCK FIRMWARE
    Code:
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Troublestooting
    • Factory Reset: If rooting fails try a Factory Reset
      and run install_root.bat again
    • Firmware: If root fails again Flash the Luge Firmware with RSD Lite
      VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2_KPA20.10.1_cid2_CFC_1FF.xml File Factory - Mega - AFH - motofirmware.center -
      Filename: VERIZON_XT907_4.4.2_KPA20.10.1_cid2_CFC_1FF.xml
      Creation Date: 08/25/2014 18:58:00
      File size: 2125
      Sofware Version: smq_vzw_prepaid-user 4.4.2 KPA20.10.1 10 release-keysSM_BP_101031.042.32.86P
      For Phone Model: VZW_XT907_CFC
      676 MB (709,519,990 bytes)
      MD5; 4AD254A887A3597EB247C00A84054F27
      For Razr Luge not M

again I don't have a Luge so this may not be quite right.

Testing
I flashed the Luge system.img to my Razr M
now I have
System version : 185.45.10 .XT907.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: Luge
Build Number: KPA20.10.1
Build date: Mon Aug 25 12:42:20 PDT 2014
the rest is unchanged.
Then I tested my Hydrogen_PEROXIDE_1_0_0_5.For.Luge.185.45.10.rar
Rooted fine, tested Luge recovery with a wipe cache, and that went fine.
1c9bba080c9933eae034efc9430194bf.jpg

Changelog
21 June 2015: Added Firmware Mirrors

Attachments

• Razr.Luge.recovery.img.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 80
  • Hydrogen_PEROXIDE_1_0_0_5.For.Luge.185.45.10.rar.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
yessir, it was at

motofirmware.center

and the xml says prepaid once you load it into rsd lite, the the box on the top right
Yes, I figured it out, motofirmware.center lost their server a few weeks ago, and that file had not been re-uploaded but I found another mirror.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blckdragn22

Jul 25, 2014
Sweet!

I watched the video on YouTube and strangely as I was doing the entire process it was in sync with the video. Anyways, I have root and it works great. Only thing that I had to do differently was that I had to install SuperSU to get root checker to work (which is strange). But I later found out that it was optional and that I could've waited until the phone was completely rooted as SuperSU would be installed automatically. Oh well, live and learn lol

Reactions: SublimeFoxTheater

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First On Phone: Go To Settings>about phone>Kernel Version
    If kernel is before June 3, 2014 (like May X 2014) root with Towel Root
    If kernel is after June 3, 2014 (like 29 July 2014) root with Hydrogen Peroxide (this method)

Note: If your device has 182.45.15, you likely need to flash 183.45.15 firmware with rsd lite.

Root Info
    This method was created by HydrogenXS and posted @ http://4pda.ru/

It Uses combination of several hacks giefroot, Towelroot, flashing an older Kernel over the Stock recovery...

This does not unlock the bootloader,
    there is no practical way to unlock the bootloader once the kernel /bootloader is newer than June 3, 2014 (July 29)
    There is no custom Recovery without an Unlocked Bootloader, no custom Recovery, no Custom Roms
    So stop asking

If you have a XT926 see ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014

Changelog
    15 March 2015; Added: If you have a XT926 on 183.46.15 see Post #80
    and Only Flash XT907 firmware on a XT907
    23 March 2015: added ROOT for Droid Razr HD XT926- 183.46.15 w/Kernel newer than June 3, 2014
    30 March 2015; Added: (Old Kernel is flashed over Stock Recovery, Recovery will no longer work until last step) and
    If Rooting fails try flashing firmware with RSD Lite and/or Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA
    31 March 2015: Added: There is no custom Recovery without an Unlocked Bootloader, no custom Recovery, no Custom Roms
    06 April 2015: Added download Mirrors
    22 May 2015: Edited Download Mirrors
    28 May 2015: Added list tags to Mirror links
    17 June 2015: Created new thread
    Long Instructions

(Watch) [Video] ROOT for Droid Razr M XT907- 183.46.15
    (PC)-Download, Install, and verify Install Moto drivers (Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation...)
    (PC)-Download Hydrogen_PEROXIDE_1_0_0_5.rar Mirrors: (PC)-Optional verify MD5:716F4A4D6F47BDDBCDBD1076965F9233 https://sites.google.com/site/sdshadowscollection/home/hash-checksums
    (PC)-Extract files from .rar with 7zip, Winrar, or other File Compression Utility
    Connect Phone to PC
    (Phone)-Enable Airplane Mode
    (Phone)-Enable Developer Options
    Settings/about phone/tap on Build number several times till you see developer options enabled​
    (Phone) Open Developer Options (Settings/ just above About Phone)
    (Phone)-Enable USB Debugging
    (Phone)-Enable Allow Mock Locations
    (PC)-run install_root.bat
    If root stops at waiting for device: try Toggling Usb Debugging OFF/ON, or try a different usb port
    Some files will be pushed and installed
    You may get a popup on Phone, select allow
    Phone will reboot
    Phone will reboot to AP Fastboot
    File will be flashed to phone (Old Kernel is flashed over Stock Recovery, Recovery will no longer work until last step)
    Phone will reboot
    Phone will reboot
    Note: If it reboots to Recovery (No Command screen) Flash failed and there is no point continuing, so close root tool on PC,
    press both volume buttons and power to continue to recovery, release power buttons, select reboot with power button
    Likely need to Flash Firmware with RSD Lite and/or Factory Reset
    (Phone)-When prompted to open towelroot, connect to WiFi or Data (3G/LTE)
    (Phone)-Open towelroot, select Make it Rain
    towelroot will say device is rooted
    Note; if it says device not supported, root failed, but you should continue with steps to reflash recovery​
    (Phone)-Close towelroot
    (PC)-press any key to continue
    Phone will reboot, and flash recovery.img in AP Fastboot mode
    phone will reboot
    Root apps will be removed from Phone
    (PC)-press any key to continue
    Root Tool will close
    Done.
    Note. I left out some of the (PC)-press any key to continue​

during every reboot I disconnected USB cable from PC (may not matter)
    kept in Airplane mode till i used towelroot app, turned on wifi just before using towelroot.
    b0f44963b46246735c0b3c07728a7aa3.jpg
    there are no files in the files directory called installsupersu.sh

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    installsupersu.sh is a script
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    echo "Installing SuperSU"
    if [ ! -f /data/local/tmp/SuperSU.zip ]; then
    	echo "Error installing SuperSU. File not found."
    	exit 1
    fi

mkdir /data/local/tmp/supersu_extracted
    /data/local/tmp/busybox unzip -d /data/local/tmp/supersu_extracted /data/local/tmp/SuperSU.zip &> /dev/null
    chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/supersu_extracted/META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
    ln -s /data/local/tmp/busybox /data/local/tmp/unzip
    export PATH="$PATH:/data/local/tmp"
    output=`/system/bin/sh /data/local/tmp/supersu_extracted/META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary 3 1 /data/local/tmp/SuperSU.zip`
    #echo $output > /data/local/tmp/supersulog
    #chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/supersulog

rm -r /data/local/tmp/supersu_extracted
    rm /data/local/tmp/unzip
    echo "Hydrogen PEROXIDE for moto_crypto 3-th start" 
    chmod 777 /sys/class/moto_crypto/fips_enabled
    rm /sys/class/moto_crypto/fips_enabled
    cp /data/local/tmp/fips_enabled /sys/class/moto_crypto/fips_enabled
    chown shell:shell /sys/class/moto_crypto/fips_enabled
    echo "moto_crypto has been disabled!"
    Toubleshooting

rooting Error:If you see this error
    "error more than one device and emulator found"
    "-waiting for your device-"
    "error: protocol fault (status read)"
    try on PC
    adb kill-server
    adb devices

or
    on device toggle ADB debugging OFF/ON

--------------------------------------

If you see errors at the beginning
    like apk already installed
    that is fine.

if root stops at or just after
    " "Starting: Intent { cmp=org.keenteam/.ServiceExploitActivity } "
    Disconnect USB cable, Power off Phone, Hold Volume Down Button, Press Power for ~5 secs, Release Power button, then release Volume Button.
    When you see AP Fastboot Mode, reconnect usb cable
    if it fails to continue within a min or so, restart Phone and Root.bat

----------------------------------------

If Rooting fails try
    Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA - Verizon page
    or
    Flashing Firmware
    There are several options for flashing Firmware/FXZ
    yessir, it was at

motofirmware.center

and the xml says prepaid once you load it into rsd lite, the the box on the top right
    Yes, I figured it out, motofirmware.center lost their server a few weeks ago, and that file had not been re-uploaded but I found another mirror.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk