Root Vivo Y51L using Magisk

Search This thread

Naveen Singh

May 15, 2016
Lucknow
Warning!!! I’m not responsible for anything (death, destruction, or nuclear war) which happens to you & your stuffs after following this guide.

Downloads :-
RR-Magisk-Root-vivo-Y51L.zip
TipsyOS Prerooted ROM

How to Install ?
1. Make sure you have RR rom installed(Get it Here) before flashing RR-Magisk-17.2-vivo-Y51L.zip
2. Reboot to TWRP recovery
3. Install RR-Magisk-17.2-vivo-Y51L.zip or TipsyOs-prerooted.zip, whatever your choice is.
4. Reboot to System.
5. If root worked, Come back and the hit the thanks button below!:D
:Video Tutorial on the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUggCUJGGk

-:NOTES FOR VIVO Y51L DEVS:-​
1. Played with Magisk once for around 3 hours :)
2. You wanna know ? Seriously ? Okay
3. Disable Selinux which isn't needed by root ! (Just for fun)
4. Downlad Magisk-latest.zip
5. Extract magiskinit from arm folder
6. Push magiskinit to /data/local/tmp
7. Run :
adb shell
cd data/local/tmp
chmod 755 magiskinit
./magiskinit -x magisk magisk
exit
adb pull /data/local/magiskinit​
8. Now you will get an file with name magisk in the current dir
9. Place it in the /system/xbin/ folder of your rom
10. Place Magisk Manager apk in /sytem/app/Magisk
11. Now, boot.img part :
Following things to be done in boot.img :
Created /sbin/permissive.sh
Patched default.prop, fstab.qcom, init.environ.rc, init.rc, init.recovery.service.rc, init.root.rc, init.superuser.rc (create one if..), sepolicy, service_contexts
If you wanna know the stuff i added in these files, just search 'Naveen' in all those files (Yeah, i reckon that, i'm Superlazy to find & write those here even though i can write 55wpm)​
12. What about how to patch sepolicy ? Uh, I used supolicy by @Chainfire (Thanks man....)
13. How to find selinux denies ? Install audit2allow in your linux system & :
adb shell dmesg | audit2allow -p (your sepolicy here, use 'adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy') > selinux.error
Now push supolicy to phone (Download SuperSU.zip)
adb push ./ /data/local/tmp/tony/
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp/tony/
chmod 755 *
./supolicy --live "error here"
./supolicy --save /data/local/tmp/tony/new_sepolicy
exit
adb pull /data/local/tmp/tony/new_sepolicy
Rename new_sepolicy to sepolicy & replace your original one in boot.img
Repack your boot.img​
13. This won't work with stock rom since we get operation not permitted errors while trying to exec su, i think it's Linux Capabilities (Read more about that here : http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/capabilities.7.html) Don't ask me why it works in cm roms if kernel is the problem
14. Whatever you wanna ask me, reply here please :) (I'm don't check private messages anymore)

Official Telegram Group for Vivo Y51L/Y21L : https://t.me/vivodevelopment

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-04-20-01-32-989_com.kingroot.kinguser.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-04-20-01-32-989_com.kingroot.kinguser.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,287
Last edited:

Sxxxit

Feb 8, 2018
Fix for bugs

Please fix the bugs asap....i am facing audio and video playback problems

AlifHaker1

Sep 9, 2017
y51 kernal source restore

can you make tutorial to restore y51 kernal source .also there a wifi bug wont turn on

Reactions: NYIDO

sekhar6

Jul 16, 2018
device stuck at app starting up....pls hlp

installed the miui root boot.img and twrp.img but after rebooting the device was stuck

Reactions: NYIDO

Mountchuan

Oct 17, 2020
Magisk cannot run in third-party ROM

It's a pity that my favorite ROM cannot be ROOT. It's not that the installation fails, but it always stops working.
usOSg56W9CDrakI.png

Manav201

Nov 24, 2021
I have a more useful method for rooting vivo y51L

Requirements:-
OTG
Data cable
A second phone
Bootloader unlock
Bugjaeger application
Root checker application
Your custom ROM or stock ROM zip file

Firstly we have to unzip our stock or custom ROM zip file, after unzipping file we have to move out boot.img file and save it in our internal storage . After that we have to flash the boot.img file in magisk and after flashing we will get a magisk patch in our download folder . We have to send that patch to our second phone and save it in it's internal storage .after that we have to boot our phone in fastboot mode and for that we have to power off our device and press volume down and power button .After booting the device in fastboot mode you have to connect otg in your second device and data cable in fastboot device . After that connect data cable and otg , after connecting the Bugjaeger application will open automatically . after that find an icon which looks like lightning in app and click that , after that you will find a blue dot at the bottom of the screen . Click that button and you will get inside command section after that type the first command :- Fastboot devices and click the play button at the right side. After that you will see a serial number which means you are connected. After that write the second command :- Fastboot flash boot , after writing it we will find a paper clip type button at the top right corner , just click that and attach the magisk patch which we sent to our second device and tap the play button at the right side . After the command has succeeded we have have to reboot our fastboot phone after removing data cable and otg . After rebooting just open root checker application and keep internet on , Click on verify root. Your phone is rooted now.
Now do whatever you want to do

Fun fact :- this method works on every phone

Those who want to say me thanks for this method please reply me

Vincent Ablat

Jul 12, 2023
I have a more useful method for rooting vivo y51L

Requirements:-
OTG
Data cable
A second phone
Bootloader unlock
Bugjaeger application
Root checker application
Your custom ROM or stock ROM zip file

Firstly we have to unzip our stock or custom ROM zip file, after unzipping file we have to move out boot.img file and save it in our internal storage . After that we have to flash the boot.img file in magisk and after flashing we will get a magisk patch in our download folder . We have to send that patch to our second phone and save it in it's internal storage .after that we have to boot our phone in fastboot mode and for that we have to power off our device and press volume down and power button .After booting the device in fastboot mode you have to connect otg in your second device and data cable in fastboot device . After that connect data cable and otg , after connecting the Bugjaeger application will open automatically . after that find an icon which looks like lightning in app and click that , after that you will find a blue dot at the bottom of the screen . Click that button and you will get inside command section after that type the first command :- Fastboot devices and click the play button at the right side. After that you will see a serial number which means you are connected. After that write the second command :- Fastboot flash boot , after writing it we will find a paper clip type button at the top right corner , just click that and attach the magisk patch which we sent to our second device and tap the play button at the right side . After the command has succeeded we have have to reboot our fastboot phone after removing data cable and otg . After rebooting just open root checker application and keep internet on , Click on verify root. Your phone is rooted now.
Now do whatever you want to do

Fun fact :- this method works on every phone

Those who want to say me thanks for this method please reply me
Is it okay to use computer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning!!! I’m not responsible for anything (death, destruction, or nuclear war) which happens to you & your stuffs after following this guide.

Downloads :-
    RR-Magisk-Root-vivo-Y51L.zip
    TipsyOS Prerooted ROM

How to Install ?
    1. Make sure you have RR rom installed(Get it Here) before flashing RR-Magisk-17.2-vivo-Y51L.zip
    2. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    3. Install RR-Magisk-17.2-vivo-Y51L.zip or TipsyOs-prerooted.zip, whatever your choice is.
    4. Reboot to System.
    5. If root worked, Come back and the hit the thanks button below!:D
    :Video Tutorial on the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUggCUJGGk

-:NOTES FOR VIVO Y51L DEVS:-​
    1. Played with Magisk once for around 3 hours :)
    2. You wanna know ? Seriously ? Okay
    3. Disable Selinux which isn't needed by root ! (Just for fun)
    4. Downlad Magisk-latest.zip
    5. Extract magiskinit from arm folder
    6. Push magiskinit to /data/local/tmp
    7. Run :
    adb shell
    cd data/local/tmp
    chmod 755 magiskinit
    ./magiskinit -x magisk magisk
    exit
    adb pull /data/local/magiskinit​
    8. Now you will get an file with name magisk in the current dir
    9. Place it in the /system/xbin/ folder of your rom
    10. Place Magisk Manager apk in /sytem/app/Magisk
    11. Now, boot.img part :
    Following things to be done in boot.img :
    Created /sbin/permissive.sh
    Patched default.prop, fstab.qcom, init.environ.rc, init.rc, init.recovery.service.rc, init.root.rc, init.superuser.rc (create one if..), sepolicy, service_contexts
    If you wanna know the stuff i added in these files, just search 'Naveen' in all those files (Yeah, i reckon that, i'm Superlazy to find & write those here even though i can write 55wpm)​
    12. What about how to patch sepolicy ? Uh, I used supolicy by @Chainfire (Thanks man....)
    13. How to find selinux denies ? Install audit2allow in your linux system & :
    adb shell dmesg | audit2allow -p (your sepolicy here, use 'adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy') > selinux.error
    Now push supolicy to phone (Download SuperSU.zip)
    adb push ./ /data/local/tmp/tony/
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp/tony/
    chmod 755 *
    ./supolicy --live "error here"
    ./supolicy --save /data/local/tmp/tony/new_sepolicy
    exit
    adb pull /data/local/tmp/tony/new_sepolicy
    Rename new_sepolicy to sepolicy & replace your original one in boot.img
    Repack your boot.img​
    13. This won't work with stock rom since we get operation not permitted errors while trying to exec su, i think it's Linux Capabilities (Read more about that here : http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/capabilities.7.html) Don't ask me why it works in cm roms if kernel is the problem
    14. Whatever you wanna ask me, reply here please :) (I'm don't check private messages anymore)

Official Telegram Group for Vivo Y51L/Y21L : https://t.me/vivodevelopment
    Bugs are there
    *Front camera not working
    *Flash light not working
    *Magisk not installing
    y51 kernal source restore

can you make tutorial to restore y51 kernal source .also there a wifi bug wont turn on
    device stuck at app starting up....pls hlp

installed the miui root boot.img and twrp.img but after rebooting the device was stuck