• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT] VZW Note 7

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Don't worry about being on phe, Nougat will arrive soon and everyone will need to find a different solution. The current root is temporary, at best!

not true.. my original note 7 was rooted and it was amazing.. id literally rather have this root then to have N to be honest

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
How do you uninstall this? I did a factory reset and everything is back to stock, except when it boots it says custom with an unlock icon, and in download mode shows custom. Is there a way to flash the PH1 firmware again? Also where do you check for Knox status if it's been tripped? On the Note 5 it was on the download mode page, but I don't see that info on the Note 7 when in download mode.

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
That's a good question, as long as you're not downgrading, you can flash the original firmware again with Odin right? So you could redo root in effect.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
That's a good question, as long as you're not downgrading, you can flash the original firmware again with Odin right? So you could redo root in effect.

Well that's the problem, I'm not finding the PH1 firmware anywhere. The PHE firmware is readily available, but I don't want to ruin the phone by updating. What I did for now is I rerooted, and I plan on using triangle away to get rid of the custom message and see if that works. I did check Knox and it wasn't tripped so that's good.

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
Well that's the problem, I'm not finding the PH1 firmware anywhere. The PHE firmware is readily available, but I don't want to ruin the phone by updating. What I did for now is I rerooted, and I plan on using triangle away to get rid of the custom message and see if that works. I did check Knox and it wasn't tripped so that's good.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-complete-stock-ph1-setup-root-t3461232/

That's the thread you need to work from. Just in case we're not on same foundation. That's the method you used, correct?

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/how-to/root-complete-stock-ph1-setup-root-t3461232/

That's the thread you need to work from. Just in case we're not on same foundation. That's the method you used, correct?

Yes but I was hoping someone on here knew where to obtain the PH1 firmware so I could flash it, I would assume it would be the same procedure as with this root. I'm surprised no one backed up that firmware, as it's the last rootable one.

guthrien

Feb 26, 2011
Yes but I was hoping someone on here knew where to obtain the PH1 firmware so I could flash it, I would assume it would be the same procedure as with this root. I'm surprised no one backed up that firmware, as it's the last rootable one.

Gotcha. I know I reflashed it before the recall and return I will check if I have it at home still, I agree it should be here someplace.

Reactions: spinedoc

MrBaltazar

Oct 28, 2014
Seattle

Brooklyn911

Mar 18, 2016
i am currently trying to root and flash custom recovery on the SM-G928V, I have come across several post and articles claiming the ability to do so. But I come up with nothing after searching. Is there any rooting method that will work or has Verizon totally locked down the boot loader. sorry wrong thread

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thanks to freeza and goonygugle
    this is freezas method with a few adjustments from goonygugle and a little extra steps to get data on vzw

Files needed
    You also need adb for this process if you dont already have it
    Leaked Sprint Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236681
    Odin and verizon firmware, courtesy of Misterxtc
    Sun7 Files: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236679 unzip this zip into a normal sun7 folder. Put the new sun7 folder into the folder that holds your adb file!

1) After downloading all the files unlock developer mode and enable usb debugging
    2) Put the phone into download mode (vol-, Power, Home)
    3) Connect the phone to the computer and open oden
    4) Click AP and select the sprint file, wait for it to load and flash
    5) The phone will reboot and go through a update process. when you get to a black screen force the phone into download mode again (for new settings menu allow first boot ~30mins then put into download mode)
    6) Flash BL, CP and CSC in odin from the verizon firmware
    7) After the flash it will be a long wait for first boot ~30mins (Can disconnect from computer)
    8) You can skip setup. Go to settings and unlock developer options again and enable usb debugging
    9) Plug the phone back in and don't forget to change from charging mode to file transfer
    From freeza's post
    10): Open a command prompt where your ADB executable and sun7 folder are.
    11): Verify standard root access by typing "adb shell" then "su" If successful, type "exit" twice to get back to the command prompt.
    12): Push the sun7 folder to your phone by typing "adb push sun7 /data/local/tmp/su"
    13): Change permissions of contents in su to 777 by typing "adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/su/*"
    14): Launch adb shell by typing "adb shell"
    15): Change directory to su by typing "cd data" "cd local" "cd tmp" "cd su"
    16): Gain standard root privileges by typing "su"
    17): Execute the SU script by typing "./root.sh"
    Phone will reboot and you will have root but this leaves verizon without access to data
    18) You will need a root explorer
    19) Download stock verizon apn settings https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7m9v49a2eytmid/apns-conf.xml?dl=0
    if you want to use different carriers download nexus 6p apn settings(includes verizon apn) https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqz3ps8xq492k8l/apns-conf.xml?dl=0
    20) Copy the apns-conf to the phone
    21) In a root explorer locate the apns-conf file you just transferred. Copy/Move it and navigate to system/etc
    22) Delete that original apns-conf file in system/etc (contains sprint data info) and past the one you copied
    23) Change the permissions to rw-r-r

24) Navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete telephony.db
    25) Reboot your phone and everything should be up and running

Now you have a Samsung stock Note 7 with the only thing from Verizon being the network!
    Removed VOLTE icon from status bar

I will be posting my mods here for the rooted Verizon Note 7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-note-7/themes/native-call-recording-t3451602

Enjoy and don't forget to hit thanks!!

Cheers
    As of now stock messenger doesn't work for MMS, just use another messenger instead
    Reboot requires any bluetooth devices to be paired again

Samsung cloud fix from jeffbob48
    Here is the fix for samsung cloud https://mega.nz/#!v5JTFBwT!FAXwgY6VTGceerWJmt2pQ0xQEh07yiNw4AxNCPnAv10

1. Download zip and unzip it to storage of phone ( Do Not Flash... this zip cannot be flashed in any way)
    2. copy file from zip to /system/omc/VZW
    3. make sure it overwrites the old files
    4.check to make sure that the permissions of all the files are rw- r-- r--
    5. etc folder does not need to be changed, do not touch anything in etc folder
    6. after you set the permissions reboot the phone
    7. go check settings for samsung cloud now

Any donations would be much appreciated lol i worked really hard on fixing this for you guys and i have more fixes to come
    Verizon Note 7 Visual Voice Mail

I don't use Visual Voice Mail. But for those who want it give this a try. Just flash via FlashFire.

Download Link: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

I can Deodex any Verizon app and build a flash-able zip. Let me know if there is anything else you all want from the Verizon build. I have extracted the whole stock build and I am working on other mods now.
    when ever some o e has a min if one of you more knowledgeable guys can help with my vo)) lte icon question that would be awesome thats my only issue so far i just hate that stupid icon lol so the sooner i can remove it the better lol
    It's a string in the consumer.xml file I can change it for you soon

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

@jeffbob48 will you be posting the fix to Samsung cloud tomorrow?

Yes i will