• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Root]WhatsApp call enabling without invite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

Hi
Here is the method which enables calls in WhatsApp along with the contacts. Actually u can call :)

Code:
<boolean name="call" value="true" />
<string name="call_allowed">all</string>

Put the above code in
Data/Data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.WhatsApp_prefs.XML

Clear whatsapp from recents
Start again

You will see this screen
Don't panic bcoz of empty contact list
18f438feb32dc4fa098fa45ffad70568.jpg

Then goto chats tab select any of ur favourite contact
Tap on the phone symbol
fa7140372216116e7e3b02cacd255dd7.jpg

Voila
efa8c71e1afbb112272c7f303437ed08.jpg

22fb945494b4aa3360d58c7db3ca187e.jpg

After some time ur contacts list will be updated with the users who r using latest version of WhatsApp

In fact I tried all this with this ;)
15d25cf04449e736b4643f43e0088d87.jpg

thanks to
WhatsApp
Abdulhaseeb for guiding me to XML editing

Last edited by a moderator:

Polyparadox

Dec 17, 2014
Frankfurt
Same problem here.
The newest version isn't on the Play Store, yet. Maybe we have to wait for v*.*.508 to be on Google Play, so our contacts can update. Maybe that way we will be able to call?
Maybe if someone here with the latest version can call me via WhatsApp and see if it works?

Reactions: lukigno95

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Same problem here.
The newest version isn't on the Play Store, yet. Maybe we have to wait for v*.*.508 to be on Google Play, so our contacts can update. Maybe that way we will be able to call?
Maybe if someone here with the latest version can call me via WhatsApp and see if it works?
Somebody actually posted the apk of 508 version, i tried this method but it didn't worked on 508.

Polyparadox

Dec 17, 2014
Frankfurt
I actually got thr call option through terminal emulator but I had no contacts to call.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
First force stop WhatsApp, then you have to open \data\data\com.whatsapp\shared-prefs\com.whatsapp_preferences.xml and put in following code between <map> and </map>:

Open Terminal Emulator and put in following:
su
am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
First force stop WhatsApp, then you have to open \data\data\com.whatsapp\shared-prefs\com.whatsapp_preferences.xml and put in following code between and :

Open Terminal Emulator and put in following:
Thanks I got the option but its not working I cant call anyone. Should I install version 508? Because im using WhatsApp plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRODZ2020

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
I enabled the feature but the calls didn't go through. So its useless as of yet. Poly will tell you we tried calling each other and failed.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

i really need a invite so can anyone send me a invite? please?
Wait for the roll out for you because nothings works yet.

Polyparadox

Dec 17, 2014
Frankfurt
Yep, I think there is no chance yet to get this thing to work. I think we just have to wait.

And for version 512: The call section is still in, but have no idea how to enabel it. I tried it in the xml settings and
Code:
am start com.whatsapp/.CallLog
, but it opens and then closes again. There has to be another way to get the WhatsApp Calls Enabled for this version.

yashgumaste

Dec 20, 2014
Hi
Here is the method which enables calls in WhatsApp along with the contacts. Actually u can call :)

Code:

Put the above code in

Start again

Done :good:
I cannot place calls. Calls get cut in 1 sec
How to send invitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

Hi

Code:

Put the above code in

Start again

You will see this screen
    Don't panic bcoz of empty contact list
    18f438feb32dc4fa098fa45ffad70568.jpg

Then goto chats tab select any of ur favourite contact
    Tap on the phone symbol
    fa7140372216116e7e3b02cacd255dd7.jpg

Voila
    efa8c71e1afbb112272c7f303437ed08.jpg

22fb945494b4aa3360d58c7db3ca187e.jpg

After some time ur contacts list will be updated with the users who r using latest version of WhatsApp

In fact I tried all this with this ;)
    15d25cf04449e736b4643f43e0088d87.jpg

thanks to
    WhatsApp
    Abdulhaseeb for guiding me to XML editing
    I'll call you

Just message me at +919462891611 and I'll call you to help you activate Whatsapp call.
    Hit thanks button if I helped you.
    Same problem here.
    MiiguelNietoR will ring you now

Done and activated

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Vishal have you activated the calling feature...if ues plese let mee know...i will pm my no...plz call me

Sent from my Micromax A117 using XDA Free mobile app

Do you still need activation?
    If so pm me your number