• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread
All the elaboration you need has already been said. If you want more assurance that this is not possible do a search for reset knox and see for yourself. This is just one thread of many and it was started in 2013... not trying to be a jerk but this horse is dead.
I was asking the previous poster how he thinks it's possible. I already believe it's not

Edit: Misquoted

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
I think that the guy who wants to root has to be well informed about it , because once knox is burned , there is no turning back ....

But I rooted my phone galaxy m2 using Magisk , and my knox is not burnt as can be seen in the attachment ...

Even using Magisk , you must be careful with the procedure ...

I am currently at a decision point , if I unroot or if I continue with rooted phone . On the one hand my phone is considered cheap, but my money is short ... Unfortunately it is capitalism determining my existence
:(

Rooting your Samsung phone permanently BURNS KNOX and voids warranty , paid services ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-023603_Knox Status.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-023603_Knox Status.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20211009-023959.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-023959.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
Knox is meant to be the ultimate in security but rooting a phone could allow people to try and circumvent Knox security via root. That is why the e-fuse is blown, they disable Knox because it cannot deliver the security that Samsung claims if unlocked which allows rooting. That is why the warranty is tied to Knox because they have to disable it physically. And in the end, you still own the phone but you decided to take it out of warranty by modifying the device (unlocking it). I used to root my phone all the time but now I don't see any benefit in it anymore (for me!).

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
Knox is meant to be the ultimate in security but rooting a phone could allow people to try and circumvent Knox security via root. That is why the e-fuse is blown, they disable Knox because it cannot deliver the security that Samsung claims if unlocked which allows rooting. That is why the warranty is tied to Knox because they have to disable it physically. And in the end, you still own the phone but you decided to take it out of warranty by modifying the device (unlocking it). I used to root my phone all the time but now I don't see any benefit in it anymore (for me!).

What security does knox provide ?

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
See https://www.samsungknox.com/en for detailed information. It's the security baked into the Samsung firmware to provide encryption for services and data from things like passwords to storing keys and services like Samsung Pay.
what protection does knox offer in my daily personal use on my galaxy m12 ?
I don't use Samsung Pay

If I understand correctly , ( english is not my native language ) , knox is aimed at corporate systems or anyone who wants to pay for their services ...

But I do not want any of that

ps: It also serves to **** up my warranty, when I use what I paid for my purposes

Last edited:

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
what protection does knox offer in my daily personal use on my galaxy m12 ?
I don't use Samsung Pay

If I understand correctly , ( english is not my native language ) , knox is aimed at corporate systems or anyone who wants to pay for their services ...

But I do not want any of that

ps: It also serves to **** up my warranty, when I use what I paid for my purposes
Knox is the security layer in your phone hence why things like Samsung Pay stop working as they rely on Knox to secure the data and processes. That is why the e-fuse blows, like a canary it warns and the device is no longer secure. There are many other things that stop working when you disable Knox which you can find if you search this forum. The warranty is void because unlocking allows you to modify the CPU/GPU clock speeds which can add extra wear or even damage the processors. Imagine buying a professional race car and then changing the tyres for cheap ones, when you crash you cannot go back to the race car supplier to repair the car because you decided to mod the car and drive it hard. It's the same with phones, consoles, watches, TVs, home speakers, headphones.

lyzgaard

Oct 18, 2019
Norway
I have had display replaced under warranty both on a rooted Note and a Galaxy earlier. Warranty voided when Knox is tripped depends on where in the world you live I think.

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
Knox is the security layer in your phone hence why things like Samsung Pay stop working as they rely on Knox to secure the data and processes. That is why the e-fuse blows, like a canary it warns and the device is no longer secure. There are many other things that stop working when you disable Knox which you can find if you search this forum. The warranty is void because unlocking allows you to modify the CPU/GPU clock speeds which can add extra wear or even damage the processors. Imagine buying a professional race car and then changing the tyres for cheap ones, when you crash you cannot go back to the race car supplier to repair the car because you decided to mod the car and drive it hard. It's the same with phones, consoles, watches, TVs, home speakers, headphones.
There are a number of things in a Phone that can malfunction, not caused by routing...Volume button, USB port, screen, etc.
With this argument of yours, Samsung takes the body out of the warranty...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
There are a number of things in a Phone that can malfunction, not caused by routing...Volume button, USB port, screen, etc.
With this argument of yours, Samsung takes the body out of the warranty...
The firmware controls the hardware. Samsung doesn't want someone else's engineering failures.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it...

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
It seems from what I read the Chinese Xiaomi's procedure, it's the most interesting.
It does not remove the warranty when unlocking the bootloader ...

It allows unlocking the bootloader , but warns that if the defect in the phone is caused by the installed rom , in that case the warranty is void

Can anybody point me to where Samsung (in the UK preferably) say that rooting voids the warranty?

I've just got a Z Flip 3 and I've read the Warranty leaflet which comes with the handset. I can't see anything in there which prohibits rooting, so how am I supposed to know that it would void warranty?

Put another way, if I root the handset and later need a warranty repair, what would Samsung do if I said "well, I read the Warranty terms that you included in the box, and it didn't say anything about root voiding the warranty"?

cater2

Aug 4, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M12
What I do know is that there is a variant of your model that if rooted, it loses the camera function...

On the other hand, in the warranty paper, see if there isn't a link for you to consult...

No more consult a lawyer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to XDA 🤗

There's that pesky little efuse that protects Knox's integrity... once blown the mobo or that chipset needs to be replaced.
    Sammy will do it for $400 apparently, according to one member here who did what you're thinking of doing. Get to know it a bit first...
    Welcome to XDA 🤗

There's that pesky little efuse that protects Knox's integrity... once blown the mobo or that chipset needs to be replaced.
    Sammy will do it for $400 apparently, according to one member here who did what you're thinking of doing. Get to know it a bit first...
    Thank you so much for replying and for your advice and information, I really appreciate. Thank you again😊
    You could root it , use it for a year or two and then trade it in. I've traded in four so far with no issues.
    I think it is possible
    Please share the exact procedure of resetting Knox if you know it's possible.