How To Guide [Root] Xiaomi 12S Ultra Netflix L1 FHD HDR10 Tweak

Search This thread

Nabicook

Jul 26, 2022
South Korea
ok, so I finally figured out how to do this all.
sorry the screen shots are in Korean, I'm too lazy to go back and change the language but you can still see the important stuff,
like the device name, DRM L1, resolution FHD, and HDR 10 support.
IMG_20220815_160247.jpg

Basically, you add build prop value so that the netflix would use L1 instead of L3,
then you spoof the device to pixel 6 pro to deal with 12s ultra not being officially supported by netflix (which requires to use hdr)

MagiskHide Props
LSposed Zygisk
Termux
Pixelify Google Photo

These are what you need, install magiskhide pros and lsposed module on magisk, then reboot the device.

Use termux to type in following commands,

su
props
n
ro.netflix.bsp_rev
Q8450-34634-1

you are basically getting super user permission, launch MagiskHide Props menu,
5 for add/edit custom build.prop, n for new,
then name and value for the entry we need.
Once it is done, it will ask you to reboot, so reboot the device.

Then, go to lsposed, enable Pixelify GPhotos module, and check netflix app.
Remove all data on your netflix app, then log back in to your accont.

Now you should see your device spoofed as Pixel 6 pro using 12S Ultra's L1 DRM,
giving all what you need :)

@BlackSoulxxx
Big shoutout to blacksoul for providing build.prop value, it was a great shortcut from there to figure out how to set up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-15-15-44-12-763_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-15-15-44-12-763_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

mritl

Aug 15, 2022
sorry the screen shots are in Korean, I'm too lazy to go back and change the language but you can still see the important stuff,
View attachment 5686065

Basically, you add build prop value so that the netflix would use L1 instead of L3,
then you spoof the device to pixel 6 pro to deal with 12s ultra not being officially supported by netflix (which requires to use hdr)

MagiskHide Props
LSposed Zygisk
Termux
Pixelify Google Photo

These are what you need, install magiskhide pros and lsposed module on magisk, then reboot the device.

su
props
n
ro.netflix.bsp_rev
Q8450-34634-1

@BlackSoulxxx
Big shoutout to blacksoul for providing build.prop value, it was a great shortcut from there to figure out how to set up.
Thanks buddy
If the netflix app updates, will it keep the settings?

Ian

mritl

Aug 15, 2022
Quick question , These are what you need, install magiskhide pros and lsposed module on magisk, then reboot the device.

Found it but do i need to root my device ?

Last edited:

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
Unfortunately even with the fix we still cant use the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in Netflix as the firmware is buggy. On Xiaomi 12 -> 12S Pro we can stream Dolby contents but not on this phone. Peoples, please use the Feedback app to tell Xiaomi they need to fix this issue.

mritl

Aug 15, 2022
Unfortunately even with the fix we still cant use the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in Netflix as the firmware is buggy. On Xiaomi 12 -> 12S Pro we can stream Dolby contents but not on this phone. Peoples, please use the Feedback app to tell Xiaomi they need to fix this issue.
Hi Friend
Problem is that this phone is supported in China only as its only out there. Means its for Chinese users to report issue but am sure in china they are using a different stream service and not so much Netflix. I think Xioami will release an update so HD will work but HDR options wont come as its not a global release.

energykriger

Jul 26, 2022
Hello, i did all your steps but i only get l1 but no HDR Support. After your steps i did another one. I installed this unlocker https://github.com/akirasup3r/unlocker und choosed number 1 and after this i have got HDR Support.
View attachment 5686065

MagiskHide Props
LSposed Zygisk
Termux
Pixelify Google Photo

su
props
n
ro.netflix.bsp_rev
Q8450-34634-1

@BlackSoulxxx

I think i found another way.Maybe is easier.Install the file below on magisk,it will pertend your phone to mi11 ultra.And them you can get 1080p and hdr10.Someone tell me they can get dolby vison and dolby atmos.

Attachments

• 小米11ultra「HuaZoffice」 (1).zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 40

energykriger

Jul 26, 2022
I found a New Way. Update to 13.0.9, attention you must install the official twrp, unofficial dont work for me. Than you have l1 support, but no HDR. Than install the unlocker, choose number 1 and you have HDR support with dolby vision. You dont need anymore to spoof your device to another one.

Reactions: tensux

hoangtu2410

Aug 14, 2009
Hà Nội
I found a New Way. Update to 13.0.9, attention you must install the official twrp, unofficial dont work for me. Than you have l1 support, but no HDR. Than install the unlocker, choose number 1 and you have HDR support with dolby vision. You dont need anymore to spoof your device to another one.
what is unlocker ? are you using original rom or eu rom ?

Top Liked Posts