How To Guide [Root] Xiaomi 12S Ultra Netflix L1 FHD HDR10 Tweak

Search This thread

nagasan

Aug 10, 2007
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
1662709742862.png

1662709742862.png

seems too much work and issues to use...

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
My modified Pixelify apk to trick Netflix into enables Dolby Vision/Atmos. Use the same guide as OP or this ( https://xiaomiui.net/how-to-enable-hdr-in-netflix-for-unsupported-devices-34106/ ) but in Device to Spoof drop-menu you must choose "2201122C" instead of Pixel 6 Pro. Clear Netflix data, login again. Enjoy!
This can be used also for MIX Fold 2/Xiaomi 12S/12S Pro/future Xiaomi devices with this bug.
a9c97a6b-0003-40dd-bce7-36f28c23f09d.jpg

Attachments

• pixelify_gphotos_v4.1.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
Reactions: Nabicook and tensux

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I am just saying this as people may feel that they have to root to use Netflix, when they don't.
I root myself but do not bother with any Netflix mods and so I just wanted to make sure people don't get the wrong idea.

alvigilang69

Sep 28, 2022
Realme 6 Pro
ok, so I finally figured out how to do this all.
sorry the screen shots are in Korean, I'm too lazy to go back and change the language but you can still see the important stuff,
like the device name, DRM L1, resolution FHD, and HDR 10 support.
View attachment 5686065

Basically, you add build prop value so that the netflix would use L1 instead of L3,
then you spoof the device to pixel 6 pro to deal with 12s ultra not being officially supported by netflix (which requires to use hdr)

MagiskHide Props
LSposed Zygisk
Termux
Pixelify Google Photo

These are what you need, install magiskhide pros and lsposed module on magisk, then reboot the device.

Use termux to type in following commands,

su
props
n
ro.netflix.bsp_rev
Q8450-34634-1

you are basically getting super user permission, launch MagiskHide Props menu,
5 for add/edit custom build.prop, n for new,
then name and value for the entry we need.
Once it is done, it will ask you to reboot, so reboot the device.

Then, go to lsposed, enable Pixelify GPhotos module, and check netflix app.
Remove all data on your netflix app, then log back in to your accont.

Now you should see your device spoofed as Pixel 6 pro using 12S Ultra's L1 DRM,
giving all what you need :)

@BlackSoulxxx
Big shoutout to blacksoul for providing build.prop value, it was a great shortcut from there to figure out how to set up.
not working for me on realme 6 pro please let me know to fix it, there may be other ways to fix it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-013503_Netflix.png
    Screenshot_20220929-013503_Netflix.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220929-013443_Netflix.png
    Screenshot_20220929-013443_Netflix.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 36
Can confirm this works on Pixel Experience Plus 13 running on Redmi Note 11 global. But couldn't get HDR to work (Although the chipset on this thing doesn't really support HDR, which is to say the SD680)

Tried Blacksoulxxx's modded Pixelify and choosing "2201122C", but did not work and showed L3

I'll try the unlocker again sometime soon when I feel like it and I'll come back here, for now I'll stick with this one
Screenshot_20221119-230728_Netflix.png
Screenshot_20221119-230723_Netflix~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-231304_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221119-231304_Settings.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
not working for me on realme 6 pro please let me know to fix it, there may be other ways to fix it
I see that you didn't changed the model on Pixelify gphotos app. I'd suggest try again but before logging back to netflix, open the pixelify gphotos then choose p6 pro, and disable spoof only g photos. Reboot and that should do the trick

energykriger

Jul 26, 2022
Can confirm this works on Pixel Experience Plus 13 running on Redmi Note 11 global. But couldn't get HDR to work (Although the chipset on this thing doesn't really support HDR, which is to say the SD680)

Tried Blacksoulxxx's modded Pixelify and choosing "2201122C", but did not work and showed L3

I'll try the unlocker sometime soon when I feel like it and I'll come back here, for now I'll stick with this one
View attachment 5765507View attachment 5765509
Why do people try the hard way, if the easy way also works? Its mutch easier to install the unlocker module, than do the steps with lsposed. And as i did it i read about, that other xiaomi phones should also work with the unlocker module.

Why do people try the hard way, if the easy way also works? Its mutch easier to install the unlocker module, than do the steps with lsposed. And as i did it i read about, that other xiaomi phones should also work with the unlocker module.
Because I tried the unlocker first and it didn't work. Your mileage may vary and the lsposed one worked for me, idk maybe I didn't followed the steps correctly on the first one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using Dev ROM now, it started to support full HD in NF. And I heard xiaomi will officially support this next month. Let's just wait for new system update.
    EU Rom. This unlocker. https://github.com/akirasup3r/unlocker/releases/tag/p4 . After that everything works.
    Screenshot_2022-09-08-11-19-58-349_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    My modified Pixelify apk to trick Netflix into enables Dolby Vision/Atmos. Use the same guide as OP or this ( https://xiaomiui.net/how-to-enable-hdr-in-netflix-for-unsupported-devices-34106/ ) but in Device to Spoof drop-menu you must choose "2201122C" instead of Pixel 6 Pro. Clear Netflix data, login again. Enjoy!
    This can be used also for MIX Fold 2/Xiaomi 12S/12S Pro/future Xiaomi devices with this bug.
    a9c97a6b-0003-40dd-bce7-36f28c23f09d.jpg
    ok, so I finally figured out how to do this all.
    sorry the screen shots are in Korean, I'm too lazy to go back and change the language but you can still see the important stuff,
    like the device name, DRM L1, resolution FHD, and HDR 10 support.
    IMG_20220815_160247.jpg

Basically, you add build prop value so that the netflix would use L1 instead of L3,
    then you spoof the device to pixel 6 pro to deal with 12s ultra not being officially supported by netflix (which requires to use hdr)

MagiskHide Props
    LSposed Zygisk
    Termux
    Pixelify Google Photo

These are what you need, install magiskhide pros and lsposed module on magisk, then reboot the device.

Use termux to type in following commands,

su
    props
    n
    ro.netflix.bsp_rev
    Q8450-34634-1

you are basically getting super user permission, launch MagiskHide Props menu,
    5 for add/edit custom build.prop, n for new,
    then name and value for the entry we need.
    Once it is done, it will ask you to reboot, so reboot the device.

Then, go to lsposed, enable Pixelify GPhotos module, and check netflix app.
    Remove all data on your netflix app, then log back in to your accont.

Now you should see your device spoofed as Pixel 6 pro using 12S Ultra's L1 DRM,
    giving all what you need :)

@BlackSoulxxx
    Big shoutout to blacksoul for providing build.prop value, it was a great shortcut from there to figure out how to set up.
    I found a New Way. Update to 13.0.9, attention you must install the official twrp, unofficial dont work for me. Than you have l1 support, but no HDR. Than install the unlocker, choose number 1 and you have HDR support with dolby vision. You dont need anymore to spoof your device to another one.