[ROOT] Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon 650)

Search This thread

rmpatio

Mar 2, 2016
Edited: Credit to Informatyk,

Hi everyone. Today I want to share you. How to root new device Redmi Note 3 pro. Unlock bootloader not needed.

1. Enable Developer Functions: Go to Settings, About phone, 7 click on Miui version to enable Developer options.
2. Enable USB debugging: Go to Settings, Additional settings, Developer options, then turn on USB debugging.
3. Download and install this application from here.

static1(dot)romzj(dot)com/file/shuame/root/RootGenius_chrome_3.1.3_setup.exe

(see pictures 1,2,3 what you have to do when install application on PC and follow in reverse order: 3-2-1)
refer to pics here: en(dot)miui(dot)com/thread-234857-1-1.html

replace the "(dot)" with the punctuation

4. Turn on Wifi or Mobile data.
5. Connect your phone to computer via USB.
(a notif bubble should appear, allow USB debugging on phone)

6. Run the installed application (Root¾«Áé.exe) as admin from your PC, then click on button (picture 4). And wait.

7. Your phone will reboot automatically while process rooting is 65%.
(a notif bubble should appear again, allow USB debugging on phone again after reboot)

8. After this your phone will be rooted.
(If not. Plz go to home screen. Run application again, then click on root icon in menu.)

Good luck all!!!

Thanks to msmobile.vn

Last edited:

prickneck

Feb 15, 2011
Does not work properly, breaks installs and security center, cannot install any apks after using this method.

Resets after reboot

Verdict: AVOID

Last edited:

X3M4

Oct 24, 2013
Yes, i can't install any app from play store after "root"... and when you reboot it will be reset completely. :(

Reactions: kynguyen.kdh

_ossie_

Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne
I successfully used this method from 7.1.1.16 Stable (bootloader still locked), and achieved temporary root only. So you can run Titanium Backup etc. and some individual apps which require root.
But no way to replace KingRoot with SuperSU.
Also, root does not survive reboot, and phone resets (takes a long time to reboot) - so cannot install e.g. Xposed (which requires reboot).

The method is safe - no data or apps are lost in the process.

Note I have since updated to 7.1.1.18 Stable, and this method no longer works at all (not even temporary root).

But I guess there is hope?

Reactions: 84eddy

anshude1

Feb 6, 2014
Now with the latest update rom, this process does not work at all.. The application simply does not do anything

S

sgsdfhgfg

Don't know how you did it w/o unlocking the bootloader.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-21-10-04-33_com.miui.securityadd.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-21-10-04-33_com.miui.securityadd.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 6,415
  • Screenshot_2016-03-21-10-10-27_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-21-10-10-27_com.android.settings.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 6,340
Last edited:

_ossie_

Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne

iamvips

Apr 28, 2016
redmi note 3 7.2.8 root

can anyone plzz teelll me that how can i unlock my bootloader and then root it plzzz

lagunabad

Sep 25, 2011
ive already hace unlock code for my miui. when i wan unlock via unlocker tool, they stuck at 50%. just google then got ppl say need flash dev rom 1st. i try downlod dev rom, try update my phone the dev rom but failed. its looks like so hard to just get root this phone. i only need root. wan unlock bootloader still stuck with bugs. can anyone help me?

PWRX

May 29, 2016
Install the China DEV Rom 6.3.17 Then go to Security, Permissions, Root Access. Done.

So after unlocking BL of stable ROM, and going through all the TWRP/other ways to gain root access - we can just flash to China Dev ROM (+unlocked BL), gain root access via Security>Permissions>Allow root access?

Last edited:
Reactions: timberwolf60

_ossie_

Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne
So after unlocking BL of stable ROM, and going through all the TWRP/other ways to gain root access - we can just flash to China Dev ROM (+unlocked BL), gain root access via Security>Permissions>Allow root access?

That's what I did, way back on 6.3.17. Once rooted I moved on to flashing TWRP and SuperSU. But if you just want root, then yes.

_ossie_

Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks. Will the data be wiped when updating to Chinese Dev ROM from Stable Global ROM?

No, - You can try without wiping data but I wouldn't recommend as there are different app sets.
To preserve your data use the intrinsic MIUI backup to backup everything (This will back up all your user apps and settings). Then Wipe data / cache , flash new ROM, and run restore using the same tool. It works perfectly, except you will have to manually reinstate all your Google Accounts. For some reason the MIUI Backup tool doesn't play nicely with Google.

Reactions: PWRX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install the China DEV Rom 6.3.17 Then go to Security, Permissions, Root Access. Done.
    How? http://en.miui.com/download-301.html#439
    ROM: http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.3.17/miui_HMNote3Pro_6.3.17_6a6a3b709a_5.1.zip
    Edited: Credit to Informatyk,

Hi everyone. Today I want to share you. How to root new device Redmi Note 3 pro. Unlock bootloader not needed.

1. Enable Developer Functions: Go to Settings, About phone, 7 click on Miui version to enable Developer options.
    2. Enable USB debugging: Go to Settings, Additional settings, Developer options, then turn on USB debugging.
    3. Download and install this application from here.

static1(dot)romzj(dot)com/file/shuame/root/RootGenius_chrome_3.1.3_setup.exe

(see pictures 1,2,3 what you have to do when install application on PC and follow in reverse order: 3-2-1)
    refer to pics here: en(dot)miui(dot)com/thread-234857-1-1.html

replace the "(dot)" with the punctuation

4. Turn on Wifi or Mobile data.
    5. Connect your phone to computer via USB.
    (a notif bubble should appear, allow USB debugging on phone)

6. Run the installed application (Root¾«Áé.exe) as admin from your PC, then click on button (picture 4). And wait.

7. Your phone will reboot automatically while process rooting is 65%.
    (a notif bubble should appear again, allow USB debugging on phone again after reboot)

8. After this your phone will be rooted.
    (If not. Plz go to home screen. Run application again, then click on root icon in menu.)

Good luck all!!!

Thanks to msmobile.vn
    Super-Sume Pro can replace KingoRoot with SuperSu !
    Super-Sume Pro :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=darkslide.com.supersumepro

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I tried this method a while ago and SuperSume did NOT work on the RN3Pro.
    Things might have changed but why would you even bother with KingoRoot?
    Just root directly from developer ROM then install SuperSu from Play Store, or install TWRP and SuperSU from the start.
    Yes, i can't install any app from play store after "root"... and when you reboot it will be reset completely. :(
    I successfully used this method from 7.1.1.16 Stable (bootloader still locked), and achieved temporary root only. So you can run Titanium Backup etc. and some individual apps which require root.
    But no way to replace KingRoot with SuperSU.
    Also, root does not survive reboot, and phone resets (takes a long time to reboot) - so cannot install e.g. Xposed (which requires reboot).

The method is safe - no data or apps are lost in the process.

Note I have since updated to 7.1.1.18 Stable, and this method no longer works at all (not even temporary root).

But I guess there is hope?