{Root} Xperia Go 6.1.1.B.1.54

Search This thread

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Hi everybody

I searched a lot and was surprised to find, there exists no tutorial on how to root Xperia GO 6.1.1.B.1.54
I'm creating one now, hoping it would help someone. Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong by posting this thread. ( I'll delete as soon as possible )
Sorry :)

ROOTING
We cannot root this build directly , hence we need to flash 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel, run the rooting toolkit, and then flash 6.1.1.B.1.54 kernel.

Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"
Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging

1) Download only this version of Flashtool 0.9.8.0 . Install it and restart your PC.

2) Download 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel
Place this kernel in C:/ Drive > flashtool > firmwares > Kernel file

3) Run Flashtool > click on the flashing icon ( left side below "file" option) > Select flashmode >
Setup should be like this
Kernel+setup.png

Flashtool Setup Screenshot

4)Follow the steps, connect your mobile and flash. Note: while connecting to PC, hold volume down key instead of back button.
Once flashing's finished, close flashtool, disconnect your phone and switch it on.

5) Download the rooting toolkit by Bin4ry Link Rooting Toolkit
and Extract it on your PC. Run it and select Normal mode. Follow the on-screen instructions it shows, carefully

6) Once rooting toolkit is done, download and flash the 6.1.1.B.1.54 Kernel

Credits
Bin4ry For his Rooting Toolkit
Bin4y and Androxyde for flashtool
Me kernels :)
Ofcourse, Sony for xperia go

Last edited:

GiorgosCyprus

Oct 6, 2011
Limassol
I know it's a stupid question but can you use flashtool and flash kernels even if you are not rooted?

Sent from my ST27i using xda app-developers app

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
I know it's a stupid question but can you use flashtool and flash kernels even if you are not rooted?

Hi
Yes, there is no harm in using flashtool to flash kernels even if you wouldn't want to root it, but could be a little more clear with your question ?
I'm not completely sure what you exactly mean.

Reactions: Locatyc

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Isn't flashtool working only on rooted devices?

P.S. thanks for the thread

No, that's not true
You can use flashtool on any Xperia device, rooted/ non rooted/ stock/ unlocked bootloader/ locked bootloader/ phone with custom rom installed // etc
I'm afraid you didn't know that until now :)
But please feel free to ask anything or PM me ;)

Last edited:

j0rdz02

Apr 3, 2013
Is it ok

Is it ok to use latest version of flashtool:confused:sorry newbie here. .or it should be really 0.9.8.0?. .coz I have the latest and its a large file 100mb to download again

j0rdz02

Apr 3, 2013
I use Flashtool Version 0.9.10.1 and I use Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18(I will download the update v26)

viola. .my android phone ICS.54 is now rooted

I did root it before without using this method, by unchecking all the wipe and exclude boxes, leaving the kernel uncheck. .in doing that so, I just flash the kernel. .

in contrary, this is the fast way of flashing ICS .54. .flashing the kernels ftf file. .

now thats smart. .thanks to you no unchecking boxes for me!!. .just flash it!. .:good::D:good:

And I just updated my supersu from playstore. .it works!. .

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

I use Flashtool Version 0.9.10.1 and I use Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18(I will download the update v26)

viola. .my android phone ICS.54 is now rooted

I did root it before without using this method, by unchecking all the wipe and exclude boxes, leaving the kernel uncheck. .in doing that so, I just flash the kernel. .

in contrary, this is the fast way of flashing ICS .54. .flashing the kernels ftf file. .

now thats smart. .thanks to you no unchecking boxes for me!!. .just flash it!. .:good::D:good:

And I just updated my supersu from playstore. .it works!. .

Additional info, I did install flashtool drivers first before flashing it, Its my way logical thinking, maybe its a protocol to install drivers first before flashing anything?..hehe, anyways thanks again

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Nice tutorial Nabeel. :)
I believe it is same as this one http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/58527?start=0&tstart=0
But we need one here to on this forum. :)

Yup, :)
You used that earlier ?
And ofcourse, I was surprised man. XDA is known for rooting and development, and no tutorial for Xperia Go :eek:
Few people only search on XDA and nothing outside it :D
I've my signature full of useful threads. it may help people with rooting

Oh EDIT : No that's not my tutorial, I don't have any info about it, i thought you linked my tutorial on the forum
http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/97327

Last edited:

ronald_sugar7

Nov 21, 2012
Guadalajara
There is already a tutorial

You used that earlier ?
And ofcourse, I was surprised man. XDA is known for rooting and development, and no tutorial for Xperia Go :eek:

Oh EDIT : No that's not my tutorial, I don't have any info about it, i thought you linked my tutorial on the forum

Nabeel, i know that u wanted to do a favor, but there is already a tutorial for rooting here in xda, this is the link to the tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36741604&postcount=2
and also i think this is not the proper section for a tutorial since this isn't developing..

Reactions: Nabeel.

Nabeel.

Apr 2, 2012
Nabeel, i know that u wanted to do a favor, but there is already a tutorial for rooting here in xda, this is the link to the tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36741604&postcount=2
and also i think this is not the proper section for a tutorial since this isn't developing..

Omg, sorry :fingers-crossed:

And yes, I checked that link earlier, but it doesn't have a tutorial / kernel files for xperia go :confused:
And moreover , I observed ( before posting this thread) that similar rooting threads of xperia sola and xperia p existed in development section, that's why i thought it would be better if i put it here.. ( Easily accessible for Go users as well )
But I know it's wrong :( ,
Can you help me further by letting me know which moderator I should contact to, to get this thread placed in right section :)
Thanks

EDIT : or if it's not that bad case let's leave it here ? what say ?
:)

Last edited:

ronald_sugar7

Nov 21, 2012
Guadalajara
Omg, sorry :fingers-crossed:

And yes, I checked that link earlier, but it doesn't have a tutorial / kernel files for xperia go :confused:
And moreover , I observed ( before posting this thread) that similar rooting threads of xperia sola and xperia p existed in development section, that's why i thought it would be better if i put it here.. ( Easily accessible for Go users as well )
But I know it's wrong :( ,
Can you help me further by letting me know which moderator I should contact to, to get this thread placed in right section :)
Thanks

EDIT : or if it's not that bad case let's leave it here ? what say ?
:)

well its not a problem for me at all lol :p but i guess you should contact any of the moderators and ask them if this should be moved or not, this is the list of moderators u can ask to
Diamondback, _Arjen_, eagleeyetom, iridaki, krook6023, TeeJay3800, YZ, kangi26, Andy, bigjoe2675, il Duce, ApriliaM3
anyways thanks for the good intentions but try to post on the right section from now on? :p

edit: oh and regarding the tutorial, yes i know that there are not kernel files, but thats because its a general thread for P, U, Sola and go so thats why, but it explains what u must do in order to get root when you are in a newer version than .10 fw :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody

I searched a lot and was surprised to find, there exists no tutorial on how to root Xperia GO 6.1.1.B.1.54
    I'm creating one now, hoping it would help someone. Please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong by posting this thread. ( I'll delete as soon as possible )

ROOTING
    We cannot root this build directly , hence we need to flash 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel, run the rooting toolkit, and then flash 6.1.1.B.1.54 kernel.

Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"
    Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging

1) Download only this version of Flashtool 0.9.8.0 . Install it and restart your PC.

2) Download 6.1.1.B.1.10 Kernel
    Place this kernel in C:/ Drive > flashtool > firmwares > Kernel file

3) Run Flashtool > click on the flashing icon ( left side below "file" option) > Select flashmode >
    Setup should be like this
    Kernel+setup.png

Flashtool Setup Screenshot

4)Follow the steps, connect your mobile and flash. Note: while connecting to PC, hold volume down key instead of back button.
    Once flashing's finished, close flashtool, disconnect your phone and switch it on.

5) Download the rooting toolkit by Bin4ry Link Rooting Toolkit
    and Extract it on your PC. Run it and select Normal mode. Follow the on-screen instructions it shows, carefully

6) Once rooting toolkit is done, download and flash the 6.1.1.B.1.54 Kernel

Credits
    Bin4ry For his Rooting Toolkit
    Bin4y and Androxyde for flashtool
    Me kernels :)
    Ofcourse, Sony for xperia go

No, that's not true
    You can use flashtool on any Xperia device, rooted/ non rooted/ stock/ unlocked bootloader/ locked bootloader/ phone with custom rom installed // etc
    I'm afraid you didn't know that until now :)
    But please feel free to ask anything or PM me ;)
    Nice tutorial Nabeel. :)
    I believe it is same as this one http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/58527?start=0&tstart=0
    But we need one here to on this forum. :)

You used that earlier ?

Hi
    Yes, there is no harm in using flashtool to flash kernels even if you wouldn't want to root it, but could be a little more clear with your question ?
    Hi