Root Xperia play .62 software

Search This thread

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had found a way of rooting the play with .62 software (software not firmware). Apparently it can't be done but I would really like to overclock the CPU and install apps that need root one being disable the Xperia als

Plus if I downgrade my software to rootable one will my baseband version stay the same cause I want to install ics

Sent from my R800i using XDA

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
If you want to overclock you'll need to unlock your bootloader and flash an overclockable kernel, like Doomlord's. This will also root your phone
flashing a custom kernel will only enable custom cpu speeds and will NOT root the software. (you are flashing the boot not the system) since root is controlled by the system partion changing the boot.img wont have much effect so having a kernel with overclock support on software that is not rooted is pretty pointless. i should know i build roms for the htc desire (search for tronicrom v2 htc desire if you dont believe me)

jacklebott

Oct 22, 2010
Land of the Idiots
flashing a custom kernel will only enable custom cpu speeds and will NOT root the software. (you are flashing the boot not the system) since root is controlled by the system partion changing the boot.img wont have much effect so having a kernel with overclock support on software that is not rooted is pretty pointless. i should know i build roms for the htc desire (search for tronicrom v2 htc desire if you dont believe me)

DooMLoRD's kernel does root the phone. Read his thread before posting