Root xperia xz 6.0.1 - 39.0.a.1.250

Search This thread

Carlobatusi

Jun 17, 2015
Before we start let’s do some preparations:

1. Find your IMEI Number, open the phone dialer on your device and enter *#06# . Write the number down for later.
2. Download SuperSU.zip file by chainfire, and copy it to the root of you phone external SDCARD.
3. Download and install ADB and Xperia XZ drivers .
4. Download TWRP recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-kagura.img .

How to Unlock your device:

Go to Sony Developer World Mobile website;
Select your device model and then provide your device IMEI number. You'll get your unlocking code after verifying your email.
Write the number down for later.

Next, Connect to Fastboot;
1. Turn off phone.
2. Connect USB.
3. Press VOLUME UP & at the same time CONNECT USB CABLE to computer.
4. Go to your ADB folder and open CMD in elevated mode, and then enter the following commands:

To verify your device is discoverable enter
CODE;
fastboot devices
* You should see your device serial number. If not, reconnect to Fastboot and make sure your USB cable is in good shape and mounted properly.

To unlock your device enter you unlocking code as follow
CODE;
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xYOURCODE (0xYourCodeAfterThe 0x)
* Verify you get answer back without any errors.

Next, Boot your device into bootloader,
CODE;
adb reboot bootloader

Install TWRP* now:

To flash TWRP recovery,
CODE;
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-kagura.img

Install SuperSU now:

Assuming you Have already installed TWRP, and SuperSUfile.zip is in the device SDCARD,
boot into TWRP using ADB,
CODE;
adb reboot recovery
OR manually;
Shutdown the device -> Hold the volume button down & the Power button at the same time -> Once power up you can release the power button but keep holding the volume button down until TWRP opened.

Once in TWRP, install/flash UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.zip and reboot. It will take up to 10min for the first boot possibly with additional boot loop.
If its fail, flash your UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.zip again and make sure System Partition is in RW mode (read write).
*If you don’t have already a copy of SuperSU on your SDCARD, you can try use ADB to Push it.
CODE;
adb push YourSuperSUfileName.zip /sdcard
If it doesn’t work, power the phone normally, copy the file from your computer to the SDCARD, then reboot back to TWRP and continue.

To reboot your device,
CODE;
fastboot reboot

Troubleshoot:

1. *TWRP - Fix READ ONLY when try to mount System Partition;
If you see that the System Partition is mount as Read Only (you’ll see a checkmark next to read only) you must correct it before flashing SuperSU. From within TWRP go to the File Manager and look for TWRP folder, typically you'll find it in /sdcard/TWRP/ and then DELETE the file ".twrps". You may have to do it several time (reboot after each delete) until it works!
2. It taken me some time to do it successfully. Be patient and persistent - the sequence is working.

Good luck to all.
Sorry, no URL's.

Also, if you curious to know, I bought Xperia XZ with preinstalled US rom and I’ve successfully activated the finger print sensor. Here is how;

Activate Finger Print Sensor:

If you have the US version of XZ, you have to install the UK CUSTOMIZED version.
1. Download UK F8331_39.0.A.1.250_1305-2216_R5B.ftf or the most current file.
2. Use Flashtool to install (place the ftf file in C:/Users/CurrentUserName/.flashTool/firmwares).
If it worked for me it should work for you.

feritlt

Dec 4, 2013
which funktions do we lose when we unlock the BL.
i remember when i unlocked my Z3 i lost the DRM Keys and the camera quality get worse.
also the DRM Keys were necessary to relock the BL.

Tjoohej

Jan 28, 2013
Eskilstuna
I would also like to know that myself. It is the same thing as it was with the z5.

Last edited:

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
i remember when i unlocked my Z3 i lost the DRM Keys and the camera quality get worse.

I would also like to know that myself. It is the same thing as it was with the z5.

Yes, nothing has changed - compared to the Z-series: In case of unlocking the bootloader, your DRM-keys are lost forever. You only can reactivate a few features with a drm fix (e.g. with the tool of @tobias.waldvogel).

@Carlobatusi
Please add a warning at your op!

Reactions: Tjoohej

lianzen

Feb 13, 2011
Anyone tried? Can we backup DRM keys before do it?

Hi
anyone tried this method? what problems will come after doing it

x-reality will work?
camera?

can we backup DRM key in case of need to relock bootloader?
sorry for English :cyclops:

Reactions: GoBx

caqo71

Apr 11, 2011
Santiago
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xperia XZ isn't under the supported devices yet, but you can choose Xperia X. But keep in mind, that you'll lose your DRM-keys forever!

Now Xperia XZ is listed under device selection for unlock bootloader.

Hi

x-reality will work?
camera?

No, you can't backup your DRM keys as of now, there is no way to root with locked bootloader.

And YES, installing androplus kernel v4 you will recover x-reality. and camera functions. The only thing that you will loose is the warraty, but if you don't have any issues with your phone, there is no problem.

Last edited:

Danchou-san

Mar 29, 2016
My phone is stuck on the Sony logo after I installed SuperSU. I tried installing it again, but no luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before we start let’s do some preparations:

1. Find your IMEI Number, open the phone dialer on your device and enter *#06# . Write the number down for later.
    2. Download SuperSU.zip file by chainfire, and copy it to the root of you phone external SDCARD.
    3. Download and install ADB and Xperia XZ drivers .
    4. Download TWRP recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-kagura.img .

How to Unlock your device:

Go to Sony Developer World Mobile website;
    Select your device model and then provide your device IMEI number. You'll get your unlocking code after verifying your email.
    Write the number down for later.

Next, Connect to Fastboot;
    1. Turn off phone.
    2. Connect USB.
    3. Press VOLUME UP & at the same time CONNECT USB CABLE to computer.
    4. Go to your ADB folder and open CMD in elevated mode, and then enter the following commands:

To verify your device is discoverable enter
    CODE;
    fastboot devices
    * You should see your device serial number. If not, reconnect to Fastboot and make sure your USB cable is in good shape and mounted properly.

To unlock your device enter you unlocking code as follow
    CODE;
    fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xYOURCODE (0xYourCodeAfterThe 0x)
    * Verify you get answer back without any errors.

Next, Boot your device into bootloader,
    CODE;
    adb reboot bootloader

Install TWRP* now:

To flash TWRP recovery,
    CODE;
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-kagura.img

Install SuperSU now:

Assuming you Have already installed TWRP, and SuperSUfile.zip is in the device SDCARD,
    boot into TWRP using ADB,
    CODE;
    adb reboot recovery
    OR manually;
    Shutdown the device -> Hold the volume button down & the Power button at the same time -> Once power up you can release the power button but keep holding the volume button down until TWRP opened.

Once in TWRP, install/flash UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.zip and reboot. It will take up to 10min for the first boot possibly with additional boot loop.
    If its fail, flash your UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.zip again and make sure System Partition is in RW mode (read write).
    *If you don’t have already a copy of SuperSU on your SDCARD, you can try use ADB to Push it.
    CODE;
    adb push YourSuperSUfileName.zip /sdcard
    If it doesn’t work, power the phone normally, copy the file from your computer to the SDCARD, then reboot back to TWRP and continue.

To reboot your device,
    CODE;
    fastboot reboot

Troubleshoot:

1. *TWRP - Fix READ ONLY when try to mount System Partition;
    If you see that the System Partition is mount as Read Only (you’ll see a checkmark next to read only) you must correct it before flashing SuperSU. From within TWRP go to the File Manager and look for TWRP folder, typically you'll find it in /sdcard/TWRP/ and then DELETE the file ".twrps". You may have to do it several time (reboot after each delete) until it works!
    2. It taken me some time to do it successfully. Be patient and persistent - the sequence is working.

Good luck to all.
    Sorry, no URL's.

Also, if you curious to know, I bought Xperia XZ with preinstalled US rom and I’ve successfully activated the finger print sensor. Here is how;

Activate Finger Print Sensor:

If you have the US version of XZ, you have to install the UK CUSTOMIZED version.
    1. Download UK F8331_39.0.A.1.250_1305-2216_R5B.ftf or the most current file.
    2. Use Flashtool to install (place the ftf file in C:/Users/CurrentUserName/.flashTool/firmwares).
    If it worked for me it should work for you.

Yes, nothing has changed - compared to the Z-series: In case of unlocking the bootloader, your DRM-keys are lost forever. You only can reactivate a few features with a drm fix (e.g. with the tool of @tobias.waldvogel).

@Carlobatusi
    Please add a warning at your op!
    Anyone tried? Can we backup DRM keys before do it?

Hi

x-reality will work?
    camera?