[ROOT] [XZ] [STOCKKERNELS] [F8331-F8332]-[latest] 41.3.A.2.192 - 05-NOV-2018

Search This thread

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
brother yasuhamed,thanks for the help though may i ask something i have installed flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.zip do i need to download the latest flashtool which is now flashtool-0.9.25.0-windows.exe or continue with flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.zip.

as wanted to ask when do i flash this Night_Light mod is it after DRMFIX.zip, and finally Magsik17.x.

thanks sameer

sameer
the flashtool has to be LATEST, older flashtools may not able to flash OREO in correct sequence
C:\Users\<username>\.flashTool\devices
has certain files KNOWN as FCS script
when once xperia (xz) was on Locked bootloader, and was software repaired / upgraded via XPERIA COMPANION... what and HOW Xperia Companion did (in sequence) to your device (Flashed packets / bundles) in your XZ via USB cable while your device was connected in FLASHMODE... was CAPTURED by KEYLOGGER (software). This Key LOG was then Exported as JOB CARD as FSC Script and now FLASHTOOL READS that FSC script as instructions to mimic flashing as if XPERIA COMPANION was flashing your XZ...
hence its very important you keep your FLASHTOOL UPDATED :)

Jan 24, 2012
This is a great guide, thank you.

I am stuck in a bootloop and I believe it is because the kernel KERNEL_F8331_41.3.A.2.192_CLEAN.img may not be matching the version of Oreo that I am on (41.3.A.2.192-R8E). If I skip flashing the kernel via FlashTool then the phone boots fine and I can also flash TWRP via adb fastboot.

I used Emma to flash 1305-1010 Customized NOBA 41.3.A.2.192-R8E and the FTF for this file is the third link from the top here: https://xpericheck.com/device/F8331. I want to use the version of Oreo from Emma because it enables the fingerprint reader while having a strong mobile signal in the US and I would like to use this kernel so I can install Magisk via TWRP as well as drmfix (I do not have a TA.img backup).

Any ideas on why I get stuck on a bootloop when flashing this kernel?

Thanks!

Last edited:

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013

I am stuck in a bootloop and I believe it is because the kernel KERNEL_F8331_41.3.A.2.192_CLEAN.img may not be matching the version of Oreo that I am on (41.3.A.2.192-R8E). If I skip flashing the kernel via FlashTool then the phone boots fine and I can also flash TWRP via adb fastboot.

I used Emma to flash 1305-1010 Customized NOBA 41.3.A.2.192-R8E and the FTF for this file is the third link from the top here: https://xpericheck.com/device/F8331. I want to use the version of Oreo from Emma because it enables the fingerprint reader while having a strong mobile signal in the US and I would like to use this kernel so I can install Magisk via TWRP as well as drmfix (I do not have a TA.img backup).

Thanks!

please tell me (step by step) what exactly you did?
1. flashed twrp
2. flashed kernel
3. FLASHED DRMFIX.ZIP ?
4. ...
5. ...

moreover you can always ditch EMMA and use FLASHTOOL (recomended) and within flashtool there is Xperifirm to download chunks of data from sony servers and to REPACK THEM (as you close xperifirm after download is finished - flashtool will trigger itself in repacking the ftf file with FCS script) .
this newly created ftf file ( by you) can be flashed with CHERRY PICK options , you can always flash selective partitions using flashtool (not sure about emma, never used)

now if you have lets say GERMANY/ EU / RUSSIA / SAUDIARABIA / INDIA build(S) of 41.3.A.2.192, and you flash it on your F8331 (which was on USA build having finger sensor disabled) , the finger sensor WILL WORK!

jakebooth

Feb 27, 2019
Stuck in bootloop after attempting to root and flash stock kernel.

Hi I'm looking for some help, I followed the steps exactly as you did them with no issues, I was on Nougat with kernel 39.0.A.1.213. I attempted to flash the nougat kernel you linked along with twrp, twrp worked but the kernel made my xz bootloop and it went to the sony screen then went back to the screen that says 'your has been unlocked it can't be trusted' and so on. Any tips as to how I can fix this. I flashed the old kernel I had of Nougat to make the phone work again, just hope I haven't lost my DRM keys.

Jan 24, 2012
moreover you can always ditch EMMA and use FLASHTOOL (recomended) and within flashtool there is Xperifirm to download chunks of data from sony servers and to REPACK THEM (as you close xperifirm after download is finished - flashtool will trigger itself in repacking the ftf file with FCS script) .
this newly created ftf file ( by you) can be flashed with CHERRY PICK options , you can always flash selective partitions using flashtool (not sure about emma, never used)

now if you have lets say GERMANY/ EU / RUSSIA / SAUDIARABIA / INDIA build(S) of 41.3.A.2.192, and you flash it on your F8331 (which was on USA build having finger sensor disabled) , the finger sensor WILL WORK!

Thank you for this suggestion. I made the ftf file myself and got it working.

Qattos

Jan 27, 2017
Bucharest
Thank you for this suggestion. I made the ftf file myself and got it working.

Hello, can you please tell me how you managed to get it to work?
I made the ftf file myself from the latest firmware for Orange(FR,RO...) and followed the steps then used my backed-up TA.img file to restore DRM features but for some reason my Wi-Fi won't turn on, any ideas?

I successfully patched my phone, but the problem is that when i try to turn on WiFi it just switches off immediately, I used "F8332_41.3.A.2.192_8.0.0_NOV2018"
I have to note that i troubleshooted my phone and when it tested for WiFi it wouldn't even start, I also saw that my phone has no MAC address.

Last edited:

abhushans

Nov 2, 2008
Pune
Sony Xperia XZ
LG V20
1. flashed twrp
2. flashed kernel
3. FLASHED DRMFIX.ZIP ?
4. ...
5. ...

I am having the same issue. Flashing latest kernel INDIA build of 41.3.A.2.192. I have TA image backup.
Device stuck/bootloop after flashing kernel.
Flashed latest orea build after bootloader unlocked with flashtool
Flashed twrp 3.2.3
Drmfix not flashed
Resolved...

Last edited:

efullzslank

Dec 19, 2018
Please help me how to fix ?
My device problem with fido_key..?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-011337.png
    Screenshot_20190419-011337.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 234
Jan 24, 2012
Hello, can you please tell me how you managed to get it to work?
I made the ftf file myself from the latest firmware for Orange(FR,RO...) and followed the steps then used my backed-up TA.img file to restore DRM features but for some reason my Wi-Fi won't turn on, any ideas?

I'm not familiar with the Wi-Fi issue, but I am glad you got the ftf file working for the most part.

Patamon

May 21, 2019
Hi, after rooting my 8331 i have no wifi and no Mac adress :(
i have buildnumber 41.3.A.2.192 Stock rom

Newbies2019

Dec 2, 2019
help i want install twrp & magisk only!

its will works with sony xperia xzs au sov35 (japan)
build number: 41.3.C.1.203??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEAR ALL
    TO MAKE THINKS FASTER , I AM STARTING THIS THREAD.
    A BIG THANKS TO
    @serajr
    @sToRm//
    and ofcourse @tobias.waldvogel

WhatsApp Group[PLEASE PM ME]
    REQUIREMENTS
    1. SONY XPERIA XZ
    2. UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    3. IF YOU NEWLY PURCHASED XZ THEN BEFORE YOUR UNLOCK
    PLEASE READ THIS FULL DHGE GUIDE THANKS TO @DHGE & RUN DIRTYCOW SCRIPT (ANDROID 6.0 ONLY) TO EXTRACT TA.IMG
    YOU SHOULD CONSIDER READING.........
    CHECK THIS POST BY @nathan30
    SPECIAL THANKS
    4. THE PROCESS OF MAKING ROOTED KERNEL CAN BE FOUND HERE THANKS TO @korom42
    5. THESE ARE MODDED STOCK KERNELS AND NOTHING ELSE CHANGED ACCEPT, DRMFIXED , DMVARITY IS SET TO OFF, ENCRYPTION & SONY RIC DISABLED.
    6. In one line, Flash Kernel, Flash magisk16.X (via Twrp) + DRM-Fix_System_Mode.ZIP , REBOOT and install magisk manager 5.x.apk

-------------> MASTER FOLDER CLICK HERE<-------------

OREO KERNELS

- F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.192- 05NOV2018 (------- LATEST )
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.184- 25SEPT2018
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.171 - 22AUG2018
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.157- 04JULY2018
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.107- 05APRIL2018
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.99 - 13MARCH2018
    - F8331 & F8332 41.3.A.2.75 - 01MARCH2018
    - F8331 & F8332_41.3.A.2.58 - FEB2018
    - F8332_41.3.A.0.401_8.0.0 DEC2017

1. FLASHthe provided kernelS F833X_41.3.A.X.XX_CLEAN.img ( via flashtool ) in fastboot mode
    OR

1. FLASH TWRP, goto install-- & click INSTALL IMAGE and select the kernel ".img" file , twrp will display PARITITIONS, select BOOT , twrp will flash the kernel.

2. FLASH twrp-3.2.3-0-kagura.img (via adb command) in fastboot mode (if you havent already)
    3. from TWRP flash given Magisk17.X.zip & magisk_selinux_manager_v1.0 (PERMISSIVE) (OPTIONAL)
    4. FLASH PROVIDED DRM-Fix_System_Mode.ZIP
    5. FLASH optional MODS (if required) - nightlight.zip will activate the screen TINT feature
    6. CLEAN CACHE and REBOOT
    7. LATER INSTALL GIVEN MAGISK MANAGER_X.X.X.apk
    DONE

NOUGAT KERNELS

-F833X_41.2.A.7.76_7.1.1_NOV2017 (LAST NOUGAT)
    1. Flash the provided kernel F833x_41.2.A.7.76_CLEAN.img ( via flashtool ) in fastboot mode
    2. Flash twrp-3.2.2kagura.img (via adb command) in fastboot mode
    3. from twrp flash given (a) SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip - OR - Magisk-v16.X.zip
    4. FLASH optional zip (if required)
    5. clean cache and reboot
    6. install given magisk_5.5.5.apk (if you flashed Magisk in point 3
    DONE

MARSHMELLOW (MM) KERNELS

1. MM KERNEL - ANDROID 6.X.X F8331 & F8332 39.0.A.1.213_6.01_OCT2016
    -if you just purchased XZ and its NOT on Android6 then you must downgrade to android 6 in order to extract TA.img. simply run Dirtycow script and you will have your TA.img in same folder CLICK HERE.
    - after having TA.img extracted if you want to keep your device on android 6 for whatever reason then simply
    1. Flash the provided kernel F833x_39.0.A.1.213_CLEAN.img ( via flashtool ) in fastboot mode
    2. Flash twrp-3.2.2-0-kagura.img (via adb command) in fastboot mode
    3. from twrp flash given (a) SR5-SuperSU-v2.82-SR5-20171001224502.zip - OR - Magisk-v16.X.ziP
    4. FLASH optional MODS (if required)
    5. clean cache and reboot
    6. LATER INSTALL GIVEN MAGISK MANAGER_5.8.X.apk (IF you flashed magisk in point3)
    DONE

NOTES
    BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH SONY DEVICES
    1. ITS ALWAYS BEST TO REBOOT THE DEVICE SIGN IN TO GOOGLE ETC AND THEN SHUT DOWN DEVICE BEFORE FLASHING ANY KERNEL & RECOVERY
    2. ALL KERNELS PROVIDED ARE PATCHED USING SCRIPT BY SIR @serajr
    3. FLASHTOOL MUST BE LASTEST AND ALL DRIVERS MUST BE INSTALLED
    4. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU HAVE A BRICK DEVICE AND / OR BOOTLOOPS THEN PRESSING POWER+VOLUMEUP KEYS FOR 15SECONDS, SHUTS THE DEVICE DOWN FOR YOU TO CONNECT THE DEVICE IN FASHMODE AND FLASH THE FTF AGAIN.
    5. FOR DETAILED PRETEXT PLEASE CHECK THIS POST
    6. AND FOR FLASHING PLEASE CHECK THIS POST ALSO

STANDARD DISLAIMER STATMENT APPLIES
    xperia xz F8331 - F8332 KERNELS UPDATED.

https://mega.nz/#F!aM4mTIgS!YzE3zic5MA4poD9yug6mGw

PLEASE flash latest ROM 41.3.A.2.184 --> reboot till WELCOME SCREEN & poweroff
    ----
    1. put following in sdcard / otg storage /flashdrive etc
    (a) kernel.img
    (b) drmfix.zip
    (c)magisk17.x.zip

flash twrp, connect usb drive to usb-c port / or inster sd card and BOOT INTO TWRP
    -browse sdcard --- click "FLASH IMG FILE" , it will show kernel.img--click on it-- and when asked CLICK BOOT partition
    - once kernel is flashed, flash drmfix.zip and Magisk, CLEAR CACHE and REBOOT

OR

1. flash kernel.img via flashtool in fastboot mode
    2. flash twrp, boot in to twrp and flash drmfix & Magizk.zip

Clear cache and REBOOT
    Can we use this with @niaboc79 's eXzistenZ rom?
    Useless I did it with the same tool. Also the eXistenZ kernel a something else ;)

Envoyé de mon F8331 en utilisant Tapatalk
    hey can you please update to support firmware .75
    done sir

Thanks!

1. flashed twrp
    2. flashed kernel
    3. FLASHED DRMFIX.ZIP ?
    4. ...
    5. ...