[Root & XZDR][LB/UB][STOCK][C68XX][4.4.2] Update to 14.3.A.0.681

scoobydu

May 16, 2005
I have redownloaded the FTF and compared the checksum, it doesn't appear corrupted to me so I think the problem is you're using FlashTool 0.9.13. Newer Sony firmwares work with 0.9.15.0.
I'm using 0.9.15 for mac, but haven't flashed yet, as work took over this afternoon.

Will flash shortly and feed back.

fnf

Sep 18, 2007
hi.. ClearAudio+, Dynamic normalizer enabled and problem still persist..

hi.. here is the CATLOG .. I use FM radio, 2 games, also attempting adjusting volume in setting.. hope they are recorder fine.. thanks!
This is a somewhat popular Android bug (still not fixed as of 4.4.2_r2). My best guess is that some apps using audio are running in the background and Android fails to detect the correct volume type (ringer, music, alarm, etc.) to adjust. If you have this problem only after flashing my FTF then it could be related to telephony (the Phone app) so the fix is to flash the correct FTF for C6802.

The problem is we still don't have FTF for C6802 last time I checked :/ .

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
This is a somewhat popular Android bug (still not fixed as of 4.4.2_r2). My best guess is that some apps using audio are running in the background and Android fails to detect the correct volume type (ringer, music, alarm, etc.) to adjust. If you have this problem only after flashing my FTF then it could be related to telephony (the Phone app) so the fix is to flash the correct FTF for C6802.

Yes I think the same, and I am back to 4.3 now. and hope the 6802 will get 4.4 builds soon.. thanks again!

willy792003

Mar 23, 2006
All works just fine. Flashtool 0.9.15 required as older version will give an error when flashing the stripped ftf. Another note, I found the last 4.3 firmware is faster. This version has a bit of lag.

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten

Well, I back to 4.3 and try as per OP instruction:

1) Run TWRP in recovery, wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik
2) flash Sony Xperia Z Ultra Europe LTE_14.3.A.0.681_flashable.zip
3) Power off the device and enter flash mode
4) Flash Sony Xperia Z Ultra Europe LTE_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf using FlashTool (0.9.15.0)
5) Reboot and restore data with TiBu

all runs great now on my 6802.. no camera issue, no volume button bugs. just great!

My cam dont shot photo and my card dont write files.. But The ROM is great... Any help?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't have camera issue and as for sd card I use this SDCardFIX.
After installed, run the apps, reboot and it should fix the problem. Give the great review to the dev and you can uninstalled it : )

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us and Gilini

prasad.adam

Jul 7, 2010
Mumbai
Great work. Flashed on c6802. All good with below issues:
Camera can't shoot
Partial root (will try build properties change to see whether I get full root.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Gilini

Jan 3, 2012
Londrina
Well, I back to 4.3 and try as per OP instruction:

1) Run TWRP in recovery, wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik
2) flash Sony Xperia Z Ultra Europe LTE_14.3.A.0.681_flashable.zip
3) Power off the device and enter flash mode
4) Flash Sony Xperia Z Ultra Europe LTE_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf using FlashTool (0.9.15.0)
5) Reboot and restore data with TiBu

all runs great now on my 6802.. no camera issue, no volume button bugs. just great!

I don't have camera issue and as for sd card I use this SDCardFIX.
After installed, run the apps, reboot and it should fix the problem. Give the great review to the dev and you can uninstalled it : )
Thanks.. My can Open but dont take The photo.. But this good work..

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
Thanks.. My can Open but dont take The photo.. But this good work..

there is some people has camera issue, I don't know why yet. I see yours is c6833 which is should be better than mine c6802 with 6833 rom (came from 4.3 .136).
No special tricks I used, just wipe system, data, cache and dalvic before flashing. Hope someone can find the way to fix : )

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
there is some people has camera issue, I don't know why yet. I see yours is c6833 which is should be better than mine c6802 with 6833 rom (came from 4.3 .136).
No special tricks I used, just wipe system, data, cache and dalvic before flashing. Hope someone can find the way to fix : )
Count me in with the camera issues. C6802 as well :)

abuihsan

Jul 16, 2012
Banten
Count me in with the camera issues. C6802 as well :)
honestly 4.3 still better in performance, I feel this on browsing, plus some problem such as sd card write issue (fixed with an app from playstore), etc. That is reasonable reason why sony hold the build for 6802, hope they fix everything before release.
If you use gravity box (KK) better deactivate it as it help to reduce the lag to me.

chemcup

Jun 6, 2012
honestly 4.3 still better in performance, I feel this on browsing, plus some problem such as sd card write issue (fixed with an app from playstore), etc. That is reasonable reason why sony hold the build for 6802, hope they fix everything before release.
If you use gravity box (KK) better deactivate it as it help to reduce the lag to me.
what a app to fix the sd card write issue?

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
IDK why, but my camera works as usual. AR effect works, background defocus works, panorama works, creative effect works

I'm from monx .136, wiping cache and dalvik, install rom, turn off, flashing stipped.ftf, reboot, and done

only some force close at the start of 1st boot that i cant even remember what, and maven player also force close. i clear app data, works normal again. havent face any issues whatsoever, dont really notice there's lag also. im using buzz launcher and swiping is smooth. no widget though.

Thanks for OP